Thread: [MISSIONS - SUGGESTION] Do not block handing in missions due to full materials storage

[MISSIONS - SUGGESTION] Do not block handing in missions due to full materials storage

Presently, when a mission gives a materials reward and I have full storage space, the mission doesn't show up as able to be handed in. In fact, the mission doesn't even appear for me on the list as able to be handed in, nor do I see the little "Exclamation point" icon for that faction on the Mission Board, so long as my storage is full.

This results in forgetting that I even have a mission for XYZ faction to hand in. I realize it later, and have to go back, doing some menial clerical work (manuall discarding some random materials) to hand in the mission.

I'd much prefer that if a mission offers materials, and I don't have space...
    1) Best choice, just let me hand in the mission. Throw any un-payable materials or cargo rewards over the side as lost.
    2) If I must be forced to take the materials or cargo rewards, then put a visual indication that I *do* have an un-completable mission outstanding on the Mission Board. The simplest way to do this would be the same way a mission is shown as "Unavailable" due to minor faction rank (darker coloration). Clicking it would show the reason why (same as the left hand Transactions HUD does... "Insufficient Materials Space").

Thanks for considering!

I think all cargo rewards need removing and the Marco Quentin stuff should be a material too and clean up the market screen and get rid of the stuff not needed anymore or possibly replace it with materials been sold by players

Not all missions do this either. The surface scan missions can be turned in with a full cargo storage. You just do not get any items... Strange that its different from mission to mission.

Originally Posted by Turranius View Post (Source)
    Not all missions do this either. The surface scan missions can be turned in with a full cargo storage. You just do not get any items... Strange that its different from mission to mission.
    Interesting, thanks for posting this. I had failed to observe this difference.

Hopefully they can check this out, and fix all missions to ignore rewards when storage is full.

The totally ideal solution is to show the mission hand in, with a simple warning "Material/data storage/cargo bay too full to recieve all rewards. Some will be lost"

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    The totally ideal solution is to show the mission hand in, with a simple warning "Material/data storage/cargo bay too full to recieve all rewards. Some will be lost"
    That's far from ideal if it tells you after the fact, seeing as the hand-in screen is a one-way street. It's already bad enough that you lose the data from data point scans if your storage is full at the time...

Edit: unless you meant somewhere on the 'completion' button on the mission board.... could work. Might make the text look a bit cluttered though.

Can't we just have mission reward materials not take up inventory space at all? When you're new and in small ships trying to ferry cargo it really sucks having these items take up half of your space.

It's called cargo racks. Nuff Sed

Yep noticed that, lots of inconsistencies though with some still blocked if you dont have storage for the cargo reward. I'm hoping the mission system is near the top of the list to fix. They really need to spend some resources on it now, its the only system they have which can be used to pull all the game elements together.

heres hoping for 3.0 and the expo next month.

Originally Posted by Captain Willard View Post (Source)
    It's called cargo racks. Nuff Sed
    Yeah... did you read what the issue is? I'm running a Type 6 with max cargo racks for 96 storage. With 32 mission reward items, that cuts 30% of my storage capacity and profit every run. How again do cargo racks fix this problem?

Having said that, I've been doing some more reading on engineers and it seems that all of the mission reward items except modular terminals are vendor fodder now - is that right?

Originally Posted by Dalz View Post (Source)
    I've been doing some more reading on engineers and it seems that all of the mission reward items except modular terminals are vendor fodder now - is that right?
    Yeah. And you only need the Modular Terminals to unlock Marco Qwent. Not needed for blueprints...

This issue has been around for a while now and it can be annoying, especially when you fly 100,000Ls to a station, hand in one mission and don't notice that you took another one you can't hand in before jumping away.

It really only needs the mission to appear in the list with a warning icon next to it and when you click on it a popup that says "This mission offers X cargo/Y materials as a reward but you don't have enough space."

That would be the minimum viable solution, of course. What would be nicer would be if the popup gave you a choice to "go back" or "just accept the things I have room for."

A related gripe: it would be nice to be able to see what the rewards were before attempting to turn in the mission. Sometimes when I'm working BGS I take delivery or passenger missions back to my base of operations. Often those missions tell you upfront which faction they benefit (or harm) at the destination. But not always. So sometimes I end up turning in a mission and then find that it helped a faction I'm trying to work against.