Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 3

I see you have added a power play exception will there be a warning to players entering the system that they may be killed by powerplay participants
    Also will there be any changes to PFB and rebuy penalty system as full cost rebuy seems a little harsh an will likely encourage players to get a few millions worth of noob kills with rebuy cost been so high

Originally Posted by Wyldwiisel View Post (Source)
    I see you have added a power play exception will there be a warning to players entering the system that they may be killed by powerplay participants
    Also where there be any changes to PFB an rebuy system as full cost rebuy seems a little harsh an will likely encourage players to get a few millions worth of noob kills with rebuy cost been so high
    1) It is already standard knowledge, no need to warn players about that;
    2) Nope, it is not too harsh;

Also will there be any changes to PFB an rebuy system as full cost rebuy seems a little harsh an will likely encourage players to get a few millions worth of noob kills with rebuy cost been so high
    As opposed to now, where they kill one and then leave the rest alone?

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    1) It is already standard knowledge, no need to warn players about that;
    2) Nope, it is not too harsh;

1)I don't powerplay so have no idea which systems I can and can't go into without been killed
    2) Once a player has a rebuy penalty for full rebuy you don't think he likely to want to get his money's worth?

I hate to be one of those CMDRs, Brett, but could you comment about the completeness of the Search & Rescue broker? Is more S&R content like specialized missions and rewards still pending and unreleased (like the Thargoid content)? Or are we seeing this feature in its final form?

Thanks

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Nice...

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    • Fixed an issue where some ship nameplates were incorrectly displaying the ship ID
    Which ones? It's cool to be able to have different wording on both sides of the ship by using the ID plate on one side. It would be a shame if that were unintentional and Fixed.

1)I don't powerplay so have no idea which systems I can and can't go into without been killed
    2) Once a player has a rebuy penalty for full rebuy you don't think he likely to want to get his money's worth?
    1) It says "hostile" in the lower right corner when you are in a hostile system. What more do you want?

1. You can be killed anywhere. The change said that exception only applies to Powerplay participants in their respective chosen factions systems.

On a side note to see which areas are controlled by which faction, open up the Galaxy Map and turn on the Powerplay filter

2. I really can't work out if you're being serious or not.

"Exception to Pilots Federation bounty now only applies when in a system that is controlled/exploited by a power to which one of either the victim or killer is pledged (previously it applied when in a system controlled/exploited by *any* power.)"

Is the limitation to "controlled/exploited" intentional?

Sandro has previously agreed that it's essential that systems in the "expansion" state are included, as these are key Powerplay battlegrounds:

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander Truesilver!

Good points, definitely something we'll consider. It may well be that a Powerplay wide exemption is the right answer. I just want to avoid making promises without getting to the nitty gritty.

+++ Update +++
    Expansion systems would certainly count as valid Powerplay systems, as they are all obout control.

It says the exception applys if one player is doing powerplay not both as I don't power play I don't get hostile in corner and this means any player doing powerplay can just sit in noob system ganking noobs and not get fined ? Well that's the impression I get from what I've read
    And yes I'm serious if I get a 7million rebuy for killing one player I just aswell kill a few hundred as it's going to cost me exactly the same 7 million

Very nice. Thank you FDEV for your good work!

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #28
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commander Truesilver!

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    "Exception to Pilots Federation bounty now only applies when in a system that is controlled/exploited by a power to which one of either the victim or killer is pledged (previously it applied when in a system controlled/exploited by *any* power.)"

Is the limitation to "controlled/exploited" intentional?

Sandro has previously agreed that it's essential that systems in the "expansion" state are included, as these are key Powerplay battlegrounds:
    It's certainly meant to! I'll check to make sure.

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #29
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commander Wyldwiisel!

It says the exception applys if one player is doing powerplay not both as I don't power play I don't get hostile in corner and this means any player doing powerplay can just sit in noob system ganking noobs and not get fined ? Well that's the impression I get from what I've read
    And yes I'm serious if I get a 7million rebuy for killing one player I just aswell kill a few hundred as it's going to cost me exactly the same 7 million
    If you are not pledged to a power you are safe - the exception that prevents Pilot's Federation bounties and ship rebuy penalties can only trigger if both victim and aggressor are pledged, and in an appropriate power system.

Bottom line: if you are no pledged, any Powerplayer murdering you will suffer all penalties, unless you're in an anarchy or lawless space where no crimes are reported.

Well there's a few things here. The Pilot's Federation Bounty is an additional bounty on to of the normal jurisdiction bounty, so they would still be fined regardless. What this does is add another fine to help make boost the implications of killing other players ahead of the C&P and Karma systems that are making their way into the game...

This isn't about rebuys, this is about additional bounties. The rebuys are a separate thing. Also if you think that the type of Cmdr that this was put in to (start to) give more consequences to their actions, cares about the rebuy they get for killing other players, then you are very much mistaken. If you think they only kill one or two new Cmdrs and then stop, you are also very much mistaken.

*Edit* ninja'd by the loach master himself

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast