Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 3

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    It is said about the context of system, not about commanders both being pledgers to power. I will take it as not exclusive, but additional statement to what Sandro claims.
    There is no point in having any ambiguity about such a hot potato.

so what happened with Beta 2 ??

just kidding..

Awesome update FDev! Thanks for all the work! o7

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    There is no point in having any ambiguity about such a hot potato.
    Well, potatoes will be cooked in game anyway, so only real functionality - with bugs - will define how it will all shake out.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander Wyldwiisel!

If you are not pledged to a power you are safe - the exception that prevents Pilot's Federation bounties and ship rebuy penalties can only trigger if both victim and aggressor are pledged, and in an appropriate power system.

Bottom line: if you are no pledged, any Powerplayer murdering you will suffer all penalties, unless you're in an anarchy or lawless space where no crimes are reported.

Wait a moment

I thought if I am (e.g.) Aisling follower, and I'm in Cubeo (control system) - the moment I spot some disbeliever^H^H^Hatheist^H^H^H LAWLESS cmdr(*) I can freely kill him not incuring PF bounty.

Even the game marks him as LAWLESS. Truesilver mentioned before that it's a exception case also.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    I think you meant to say this...

SPACE LEGS CONFIRMED GUYS!

Originally Posted by Yata_PL View Post (Source)
    so what happened with Beta 2 ??

just kidding..
    I needed a moment to realize that the open beta was itself the update 2

EDIT:

and i'm wrong, when will I learn to read before posting?

Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)

Wait a moment

I thought if I am (e.g.) Aisling follower, and I'm in Cubeo (control system) - the moment I spot some disbeliever^H^H^Hatheist^H^H^H LAWLESS cmdr(*) I can freely kill him not incuring PF bounty.

Even the game marks him as LAWLESS. Truesilver mentioned before that it's a exception case also.
    If it's a control system of your power, and other commander is from different power (thus lawless), PF bounty won't occur.

Originally Posted by Messier43 View Post (Source)
    "Free Keely"

Oh, wrong Keeley, sorry...

Hooray for everything. \o/

Flimley

VR

• Adjusted a variety of outfitting cameras across a range of ships to work better when using VR
    nice, keep it coming for VR :-)

If we're not trying to introduce a C&P that will stop antisocial behaviour then what's the point of it I was under the presumption that 1kill could be tolerated but multiple kills would be dealt with harshly forcing the player into anarchy systems never to return to normal space until they laid there debt to society

Originally Posted by Wyldwiisel View Post (Source)
    If we're not trying to introduce a C&P that will stop antisocial behaviour then what's the point of it I was under the presumption that 1kill could be tolerated but multiple kills would be dealt with harshly forcing the player into anarchy systems never to return to normal space until they laid there debt to society
    That is what the majority hope will be the outcome, but you can't expect it all to happen straight away. Especially as it's been said many times that the C&P system won't be implemented until the core gameplay updates after 2.4. What we have here with the PFB and rebuy is the start of the groundwork being laid.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    If it's a control system of your power, and other commander is from different power (thus lawless), PF bounty won't occur.
    Yeah, thats what I'm surprised about. Sandro said:
    "If you are not pledged to a power you are safe - the exception that prevents Pilot's Federation bounties and ship rebuy penalties can only trigger if both victim and aggressor are pledged, and in an appropriate power system.

And from both you and I'm thinking: it is not true you're safe if you are not pledged.

As I said elsewhere: C&P is now big oily spaghetti mess

I think you meant to say this...
    Keelback
    - Removed the only chair that the commander could sit in. Keelback is now standing room only.
    I was not aware that Ryan Air operated vessels capable of launching combat craft.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast