Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 3

Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)
    Yeah, thats what I'm surprised about. Sandro said:
    "If you are not pledged to a power you are safe - the exception that prevents Pilot's Federation bounties and ship rebuy penalties can only trigger if both victim and aggressor are pledged, and in an appropriate power system.

And from both you and I'm thinking: it is not true you're safe if you are not pledged.

As I said elsewhere: C&P is now big oily spaghetti mess
    What exactly you don't understand there? PF bounty makes exception if you do a a) bounty hunting and commander in question has legit local bounty on his head and b) do powerplay business with other power pledged commander in either your or his/hers power system.

It is quite clear for all intents and purposes.

Not a long changelog. Hopefully it means release date is very close

Thanks for all the work!

At least 99.99% of us appreciate what you guys/gals do for us.

No Fix for wings and multicrew not working together

Thanks for the hard work guys o7.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    What exactly you don't understand there? PF bounty makes exception if you do a a) bounty hunting and commander in question has legit local bounty on his head and b) do powerplay business with other power pledged commander in either your or his/hers power system.

It is quite clear for all intents and purposes.

If being not pledged make you safe as a victim (i.e. killer gets no exception), thats (for me) contradiction to the victim being "advertised" to the killer as 'LAWLESS' (read: you can kill him). It's kind of contradictory.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    • General text fixes
    STILL not including special characters as Å, Ä, Ö as per
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...orrect-letters.

I've had my Corvette for a month now and it's time to give it the name it deserves.

*Previous beta thread mentioning this
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...h-Notes/page11

Originally Posted by Padaxes View Post (Source)
    No Fix for wings and multicrew not working together
    No fix needed, It's how it is.

Thanks for all the hard work FD. Really, I appreciate it because you guys are kicking butt and doing something I love but cannot do.

I'm very pleased with the overall direction of the game and can't wait for the Expo news, which I think will make me even happier.

The salt is I wish FD would trust and interact with the player base a bit more like the pre-V1.0 days with the DDF, regular sneak peeks and etc. That is where it seems most want to see the game head (obv I do not represent everyone or even 'most' but I consider it a fair reading of threads over the last 2 years). Post Kickstarter hasn't been nearly as good as the Kickstarter period and the headline features have a mixed reception (to say the least). The best bits seem to be when Sandro or another team member makes a forum post or hops in the forums for some Q&A on a feature- but this seems to have been mostly random over the last year and not as formalized as the DDF, and so to me not as effective (but I'm outside looking in, of course).

I'll test the latest Beta after work as I don't have the kids tonight. I hope the SRV volume levels are fixed (looking forward to a total overhaul/replacement of that non-fun mechanic in the next year). Also hope the over-powered cascade weapons fixed so NPC engineered ships don't still essentially incapacitate me with 1 or 2 shots only- that really makes combat not fun.

Cheers!

Greetings Commanders,

Powerplay

• Exception to Pilots Federation bounty now only applies when in a system that is controlled/exploited by a power to which one of either the victim or killer is pledged (previously it applied when in a system controlled/exploited by *any* power.)

Can you please clarify this? Can commanders from any Imperial power kill commanders from any Federal power in any system exploited/controlled by said powers? If not, I am worried that this change will create significant issues for intra-superpower cooperation.

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #71
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    It is said about the context of system, not about commanders both being pledgers to power. I will take it as not exclusive, but additional statement to what Sandro claims.
    This, I believe. All the following conditions must be true:

1. The victim is pledged to a power
    2. The aggressor is pledged to a power
    3. The location of the crime is in a system controlled/exploited/expanding by a power that the victim or aggressor is linked to

Before the exclusion can trigger.

Originally Posted by ElectricZ View Post (Source)
    I hate to be one of those CMDRs, Brett, but could you comment about the completeness of the Search & Rescue broker? Is more S&R content like specialized missions and rewards still pending and unreleased (like the Thargoid content)? Or are we seeing this feature in its final form?

Thanks
    I too would like to know this. We don't need details if it's spoilery, but a simple "there's more we aren't ready to reveal" or a "this is all there is for 2.4" would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This, I believe. All the following conditions must be true:

1. The victim is pledged to a power
    2. The aggressor is pledged to a power
    3. The location of the crime is in a system controlled/exploited/expanding by a power that the victim or aggressor is linked to

Before the exclusion can trigger.
    Excellent thank you for the clarification.

Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)

If being not pledged make you safe as a victim (i.e. killer gets no exception), thats (for me) contradiction to the victim being "advertised" to the killer as 'LAWLESS' (read: you can kill him). It's kind of contradictory.
    Afaik someone who is not pledged to other power won't get 'lawless' tag.

I think you meant to say this...

Would be fine, too. So we could fit 2 co-pilots in there

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast