Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PFB, Ship Rebuy Penalty and Powerplay

Originally Posted by Blackneto View Post (Source)
    they don't really need it as they rarely play in open anyway.
    I beg to differ, I let my Alliance flag fly fast and free!
    Zaphod hawkes got a kill mark on his hull from my trader to prove it...

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)

Personally I even think that when I am not pledged to any power at all and then attack an enemy power ship (f.e. Delaine ship in Aisling territory) in some power's territory it should not be considered a crime.
    I think there should be a standard bounty on the head of any enemy Power's ship X in any Power's Y territory. And this bounty should be collectible by anybody that does not belong to an enemy power, be it neutral or belonging to an aligned Power.
    I really like that.

when we open a ship for multicrew, we have to define the planned activity for the matchmaking

can't you use the something similar for wings? So if different powers wing up, make the whole wing temporary flagged for the wing leaders power or minor faction, with at least an hour cooldown...
    im sure a "lore" implementation could be found - > and a benefit for the helping powers could be found too (like CC deduction for helping )

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

* When you say that you should be able to help your Federal/Imperial buddies, remember that this makes the playing field less even - the Alliance and independent factions don't have this benefit, have never had it. "Personal’s not the same as important. People just think it is" - to quote a literary legend.
    Mahon has been running a train on the CC scoreboard for months by himself, anyways. The galaxy isn't a "fair" place, regardless. The playing field is already as uneven as you're saying the change would make it, but now if "* I will suffer a Pilot's Federation Bounty and risk a ship rebuy penalty if I attack any pledged vessel that does not belong to my power. becomes a thing, then all that does is penalize CMDRs for something they are already doing. The allied superpowers already help each other, and penalizing them for that is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by CMDR Relick View Post (Source)
    ALRIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT!
    blah blah blah stuff i totally agree with though.
    I really hate that I have to rep you.

Originally Posted by Blackneto View Post (Source)
    I really hate that I have to rep you.
    Love you too ^_^

Also, is this PvP only, or do these bounty inclusions/omissions that are being suggested include PP PvE ships? If CMDRs no longer earn system bounties undermining, then it will make it impossible to scout systems using the bounty board.

That is a good question.
    I took for granted that this would obviously include NPC ships.
    Otherwise the rules would become a real mess.

* When you say that you should be able to help your Federal/Imperial buddies, remember that this makes the playing field less even - the Alliance and independent factions don't have this benefit, have never had it. "Personal’s not the same as important. People just think it is" - to quote a literary legend.
    Hi Sandro, thanks a lot for your proposal. About your remark on independent powers and the Alliance, I don't think that it would penalize them for two reasons:

1- such a rule (we're talking about option 3) would instead reinforce the independent status of those powers by fostering the non collaboration on PvP and merit denial activities;

2- we're talking about c&p for PvP only, this change will affect marginally the flow of merits - people will still be able to push an expansion only if they're pledged to that power and everyone may oppose or undermine another power. So this wouldn't change significantly what happens in Powerplay.

The advantage of option 3 would be imo to make Powerplay more interesting to the PvP crowd, so it will be better for the existing PP community but also for the Open random cmdr since those interested in brawls may move to PP and leave those random cmdrs alone. In any case, I think it's a win-win scenario.

I really like that.
    Yeah me too .
    I think it is a logical thing to do and it would add a new dynamic to PP and the Elite universe in general.
    It would also integrate PP more into the rest of the ED universe.

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    It would also integrate PP more into the rest of the ED universe.
    Yeah, exactly. It would just be cool.

So an issue for me would be if these kinds of rulings are why they dont.
    It will be hard to discuss this without making all kinds of judgments, but I will try to remove emotion from my response to this:

If people are in private, it's usually either for instancing reasons, to avoid something like a blocked nav beacon, or to protect their merits. Whether or not assailants will be punished is not a factor; a sniper knows that he is going to be targeted by patrols from hostile powers no matter what the penalty is for the attackers.

Currently Powerplay is almost played like a minor pvp league. If you're pledged to a power, you're fair game to opfor cmdrs. It is a pvp invitation of sorts if you will.

These new rules muck everything up: undermining, countering that with pvp, guarding your systems when it's being prepared by opfor: all becomes very hard to do, the only powerplay tools which still have a place is trucking and the PP conflict zones.
    :-/

unless you want a gazillion spacebucks rebuy that is. It's stu.... no, that's not nice to say: it's not in the game's best interest to choose any of those options regarding powerplay.

A SYSTEM bounty is fine. A galaxy wide one is (yes, I'm going to say it anyway) stupid and an increased rebuy (without cap) is really not the solution you're looking for. It is even more stupid.

These options would make cmdrs rethink their commitment to a power and in most cases the game.

I understand that you are looking for a way out regarding the murder hobos. You need to do something about them murdering UNPLEDGED harmless commanders.

The way way I see it is simple:

you attack an unpledged not wanted player, there will be an instantaneous response by system security and with overwhelming force. Not of the current lingering 5 km in the back for a minute or 2 kind, but the insta guns blazing variant. Give the sec response 1 sec bounty scanners, I don't care. You should be tracked and followed for several jumps by bounty hunters. Your rebuy and galaxywide bounty idea can be applied in this case. You remember the 2.1 AI? put that to use again in this case.

if you attack an opfor not wanted commander in a neutral system: same. You're a murder hobo and you should be dealt with.

if you attack an opfor player in a friendly or opfor CONTROL or EXPANSION system there should be no change, the current (non beta) system is more then enough. A response by local security, and a bounty.

Also: you say VESSEL. that includes NPCS!!!! If you mean cmdrs then say Cmdrs/player.

You opened a can of worms with the engineers. You made it so trolls can destroy, annihilate even, newbs with impunity and the newb has 0 chance of escape. There is no escaping a fully engineered clipper, FDL or Python in your vanilla sidey.
    THIS IS YOUR REAL PROBLEM.

And this is the 1000th band aid to that, but by applying it you once again break something else. there are so many ways to troll with this I can't even count them..

yes. It would break powerplay very much. It's a bad idea without powerplay exclusions.

I hope I've not offended you by my typing style, if I did: my apologies.

Non related end rant: god I hate typing on IOS. the autocorrect is terrible. This abomination should be put to permanent sleep.

Edit: I read in Sandro's ( no not sandy, IOS! ) reply that there is an exclusion for undermining and other pp mechanics. That would alleviate like... almost all my points :-). I haven't played the beta, I was on vacation, I didn't know about that.

Option 3 does make the most sense, but I haven't touched Powerplay in a very long time.

And the reason for that is this:

Originally Posted by GoStu View Post (Source)
    This goes down the long, dark rabbit hole of "Should Powerplay be in Open only" and/or "Should Powerplay in Open have more reward for the extra risk?", which would heavily derail this thread. (I'd love to have that conversation somewhere else though.)
    I hope you'll open up that discussion once again. Until then, PP feels like either fighting invincible enemies or grinding until your fingers bleed.

Originally Posted by Misaniovent View Post (Source)
    It will be hard to discuss this without making all kinds of judgments, but I will try to remove emotion from my response to this:

If people are in private, it's usually either for instancing reasons, to avoid something like a blocked nav beacon, or to protect their merits.
    Which is why it is generally encouraged to keep PP in open to avoid the "super-secret cloaking devices"... just saying....

Originally Posted by GoStu View Post (Source)
    This goes down the long, dark rabbit hole of "Should Powerplay be in Open only" and/or "Should Powerplay in Open have more reward for the extra risk?", which would heavily derail this thread. (I'd love to have that conversation somewhere else though.)
    I second the desire to have this talk elsewhere.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast