Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PFB, Ship Rebuy Penalty and Powerplay

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    Playing last night I got caught out by the trick where a player in a damaged eagle (20% hull) waits for you as you are entering the slot and boosts into you. If you're going a hair over 100 m/s most likely the station kills you.
    None of these changes will affect that. Same guys every CG for over a year now. Total exploit of game mechanics. I am not terribly salty because it's very rare I'll get caught out, but FD that is the problem as it's a genuine abuse of game mechanics and you have taken no measures to stop it.
    Like I said, same guys doing it for over a year now. I can only imagine the number of times they've been reported. None of these changes will address this sort of thing. Unfortunately, they will make it worse as what works at the station entrance will also start working at any haz Res.
    Just something to keep in mind.
    The diabolical variant is the one where you're going under, but a second buddy uses force shell cannons to push you over the speed limit right before that 20% eagle boosts into you.
    CMDR Tannik Seldon - The "Million-to-One Chance"
    [Youtube]

Here are the rules I would like to see:
    Non Powerplay:
    If resulting bounty is from attacking a player, force player to wait till bounty expires or untill ship destruction, resulting rebuy will be from the ship that was origonaly used when bounty was acquired.
    Allow players to pay off bounty if resulting bounty is from attacking an NPC, do not charge player for rebuy cost. (because there are times where the game makes you wanted when you shouldn't have been and clean NPCS can apparently attack you without getting wanted)
    Power play:
    Give bounty if attacking ship of a power that belongs to the same super power regardless of system state/location Example: federation attacking federation will result in a bounty regardless of circumstances. Only exception: other ship is wanted for crimes against superpower.
    Give bounty if opposing power is attacked without any power play related cargo. unless they are in controlled system for their power. (or maybe just head quarters ?)
    Make power play issued bounties last the whole duration regardless if NPC or Player, But make ship rebuy penalty against players only.

Not going to lie I love the new live powerplay crime rules, reminds me of eve online declaration of wars.
    twitter@solehunt3r
    CEO - Crazy Space People
    Director - Pandemic Horde

Originally Posted by Sole Hunter View Post (Source)
    Not going to lie I love the new live powerplay crime rules, reminds me of eve online declaration of wars rules.
    100% agree. I'm delighted by this outcome, particularly as we fought hard for it. Props to the Devs for listening.

My only proviso is this: cooldown on faction swapping.

At present, if at Rank 1, you can swap instantly if you're willing to tolerate a few NPC interdictions, or on a 0.5 day cooldown otherwise.

0.5 days is nothing. That's literally leave Power, go to sleep, wake up, pledge to new Power.

Personally I think there should be a 7 or 14 day cooldown on changing Superpower (Fed/Imp), maybe a lot shorter if you're just moving within the same Superpower, with other swaps (eg Independent to Fed) somewhere inbetween.

Even though from a PvP perspective it would be convenient to change allegiance on a daily basis according to where we're huntin', I don't think that's really in the spirit of the exception and indeed might even result in it eventually being taken away.

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    100% agree. I'm delighted by this outcome, particularly as we fought hard for it. Props to the Devs for listening.

My only proviso is this: cooldown on faction swapping.

At present, if at Rank 1, you can swap instantly if you're willing to tolerate a few NPC interdictions, or on a 0.5 day cooldown otherwise.

0.5 days is nothing. That's literally leave Power, go to sleep, wake up, pledge to new Power.

Personally I think there should be a 7 or 14 day cooldown on changing Superpower (Fed/Imp), maybe a lot shorter if you're just moving within the same Superpower, with other swaps (eg Independent to Fed) somewhere inbetween.

Even though from a PvP perspective it would be convenient to change allegiance on a daily basis according to where we're huntin', I don't think that's really in the spirit of the exception and indeed might even result in it eventually being taken away.
    Don't ask too much from them it was already difficult to get this idea in place.

Had to put some water on my eye globes when I saw this change. I wasn't sure if they we're trolling us or genuinely had an IQ raise over night. It's probably all the sugar from the cookies and tea.

I agree, glad to see a good change... for once.
    twitter@solehunt3r
    CEO - Crazy Space People
    Director - Pandemic Horde

sounds fair but still complex ... if you don't care about powers, like me.

i'd wrap it up with an additional rule:
    no bounty/penalty/bad karma whatsoever when destructing a ship that fired at you first, regardless of faction or wanted status, with the sole exception of local system security.

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    Playing last night I got caught out by the trick where a player in a damaged eagle (20% hull) waits for you as you are entering the slot and boosts into you. If you're going a hair over 100 m/s most likely the station kills you.
    None of these changes will affect that. Same guys every CG for over a year now. Total exploit of game mechanics. I am not terribly salty because it's very rare I'll get caught out, but FD that is the problem as it's a genuine abuse of game mechanics and you have taken no measures to stop it.
    Like I said, same guys doing it for over a year now. I can only imagine the number of times they've been reported. None of these changes will address this sort of thing. Unfortunately, they will make it worse as what works at the station entrance will also start working at any haz Res.
    Just something to keep in mind.
    I agree it IS an exploit that the game cannot differentiate between suicide and murder, they are nothing alike, Also the fighter ram exploit to get you wanted also works in REZ sites no matter what speed you're going, including standing completely still in a conda with no way to avoid a commander intent on crashing into you. It needs fixing - it's NOT a crime!

Originally Posted by Evil Flanker View Post (Source)
    I agree it IS an exploit that the game cannot differentiate between suicide and murder, they are nothing alike, Also the fighter ram exploit to get you wanted also works in REZ sites no matter what speed you're going, including standing completely still in a conda with no way to avoid a commander intent on crashing into you. It needs fixing - it's NOT a crime!
    And it will be painfully common.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031