Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 4

Originally Posted by OuterGTR View Post (Source)
    You are wrong to think that I'm a hater of Elite! I'm just loosing trust to developers! They seem to be loosing love to the game!
    Are you releasing your trust to the developers?

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :( OuterGTR's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Buio View Post (Source)
    Are you releasing your trust to the developers?
    What you mean?
    (Not an english person, sorry for it))

someone please thell me that the wave scanner sound slider was fixed

What "AWESOME" you have found here? Are you serious?
    When i was reasing the list, I've had a feeling that it is some very bad joke!
    The overall beta of 2.4 is pointless!
    There are a lot of people bashing FDev on this, but it's beta testing software for bug fixes, not a release. Don't expect amazing features when they have said the surprises are being held back for the actual release. No one requires you to test, it's volunteering your time if you choose to do it.

They seem to be loosing love to the game!
    Spread the love then? (People work quickest when they feel happy)

So .. 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 4 .. eh?

Let's rock ..

Let there be Thargoids! :D

Originally Posted by punkerich View Post (Source)
    A wild speculation appears: release of 2.4 planned for next week, confirmed in tomorrows newsletter...

If they were cool about it, they could launch it on Friday so people can use the extra day off from the national Holiday to play the game.

What you mean?
    (Not an english person, sorry for it))
    No need to be sorry, I was just kidding a bit. Loose and lose are quite different things.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :( OuterGTR's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Buio View Post (Source)
    No need to be sorry, I was just kidding a bit. Loose and lose are quite different things.
    Oh, ok then)

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)

General Fixes & Tweaks

• General text fixes
    Still no the fix for Ä Ö special characters and the inclusion of Å as this bug thread states.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...orrect-letters

Originally Posted by o7MJ View Post (Source)
    Still no the fix for Ä Ö special characters and the inclusion of Å as this bug thread states.
    Is there a beta bug report for it? Sounds like it needs one if you know it's still not working.

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Is there a beta bug report for it? Sounds like it needs one if you know it's still not working.
    Snap, I did not think of the beta bug report, this one is from the general PC & Mac. I'll add one right away, rep for reminding me.

Explains why there are no ThÄrgÖids in the beta

Snap, I did not think of the beta bug report, this one is from the general PC & Mac. I'll add one right away, rep for reminding me.
    They display perfectly fine for me in the live build, but I can't check it in Beta as they appear have disabled Ctrl+V in the ship name field :/ (I've bugged that) And Alt key codes don't work, strange that I get English alphabet letters when holding the Alt key and pressing numbers on the numpad... but I digress.

Originally Posted by Pawel Sebastian View Post (Source)
    So this 2.4 update is about fixes only, when we see new content besides useless skins?
    Now, many complain that there are oh so many bugs to squash. Now they squash then, I gather it is a good thing. *Then* put forward new content (which is promised with thw Thargoid stuff *after* beta anyway).

So, good to see we have an update focused on background fixing. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Hot off the heels from update three just the other day... we now have reached open beta update four!

Here's the changes for this update...

Audio

• Fixed the vessel voice temperature warnings not working in Supercruise

Companion API

• Shield damage resistances should now be included on shield generators and boosters
    • Display values should now be correct for modifiers where lower values are improvements

General Fixes & Tweaks

• General text fixes

Holo-Me Creator

• When changing the Commander's gender after previewing or equipping a suit, the suit will now transition properly rather than resetting

Missions

• Chain mission inbox messages now better indicate the name and known station of the mission giver
    • Fixed an issue where the same assassination target could appear in a later chain mission or other mission board missions
    • Fixed an issue whereby location information was not displaying correctly for assassination Chain missions that occurred after an altruism mission
    • Fixed some string text that appeared in a chain mission's historical data
    • Fixed an issue whereby Chain missions could persist after deleting your save
    • Reduced the amount of Long Distance missions that will generate

Ships
    General Ship Fixes and Improvements

• Adjustments made to the Corrosive 1 Paint Job so it works better with non-Raider Ship Kits

Stability Fixes

• Fixed a disconnection that could occur when loading into the game for the first time
    • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when using the mouse to move the camera when in the cockpit
    • Implemented measures to help prevent crashes that could occur when quickly deleting inbox messages
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining or leaving a Multi-crew session
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the System Map
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using Sythesis

UI

• Fixed some text that was cut-off in the Holo-Me UI when playing the game in some languages
    • Made some adjustments to prevent issues that could occur after Alt-Tabbing when in the Holo-Me UI
    • Fixed some overlapping that could occur in the inbox message titles

VR

• Adjusted some more outfitting cameras to work better when using VR
    Seriously? I only just managed to get Beta 3 downloaded at about 10pm last night......& now you're already giving us Beta 4?!?!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast