Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 4

Originally Posted by Zambrick View Post (Source)
    If they were cool about it, they could launch it on Friday so people can use the extra day off from the national Holiday to play the game.
    The national holiday that I know about was last Monday, the next one is in December.

How do thrusters work, it is simple.

Stuff goes in, stuff happens, stuff comes out VERY fast.

Fixed an issue where the same assassination target could appear in a later chain mission or other mission board missions
    So no more Eezee?
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

I missed the patch notes for the first two versions. Did they finally fix the Courier engine sound being too loud? Cutting the volume of the whole game by 20-30 decibels every time I fly it is pretty irritating.

"Trust me, I'm a geologist." -Me.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." -George Carlin.

Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    So no more Eezee?
    Damn, I'm a gonna miss that guy .

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Ships
    General Ship Fixes and Improvements
    There's a typo; it should read:

Ships
    Type-10 added to shipyard

Look, I am sure this is an oversight, so whenever you guys want to pop type-10 into the shipyard that'd be great. You know. Like now. Now is good. I can work with now.

--

Few more fixes, 2.4 is coming along nicely.
    cmdr kofeyh | http://twitch.tv/kofeyh | "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." – Citizen G'Kar

Hot off the heels from update three just the other day... we now have reached open beta update four!

Here's the changes for this update...

Audio

• Fixed the vessel voice temperature warnings not working in Supercruise

Companion API

• Shield damage resistances should now be included on shield generators and boosters
    • Display values should now be correct for modifiers where lower values are improvements

General Fixes & Tweaks

• General text fixes

Holo-Me Creator

• When changing the Commander's gender after previewing or equipping a suit, the suit will now transition properly rather than resetting

Missions

• Chain mission inbox messages now better indicate the name and known station of the mission giver
    • Fixed an issue where the same assassination target could appear in a later chain mission or other mission board missions
    • Fixed an issue whereby location information was not displaying correctly for assassination Chain missions that occurred after an altruism mission
    • Fixed some string text that appeared in a chain mission's historical data
    • Fixed an issue whereby Chain missions could persist after deleting your save
    • Reduced the amount of Long Distance missions that will generate

Ships

• Adjustments made to the Corrosive 1 Paint Job so it works better with non-Raider Ship Kits

Stability Fixes

• Fixed a disconnection that could occur when loading into the game for the first time
    • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when using the mouse to move the camera when in the cockpit
    • Implemented measures to help prevent crashes that could occur when quickly deleting inbox messages
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining or leaving a Multi-crew session
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the System Map
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using Sythesis

UI

• Fixed some text that was cut-off in the Holo-Me UI when playing the game in some languages
    • Made some adjustments to prevent issues that could occur after Alt-Tabbing when in the Holo-Me UI
    • Fixed some overlapping that could occur in the inbox message titles

VR

• Adjusted some more outfitting cameras to work better when using VR
    Right on!

I still have a problem than I recall my ship outside the alien core base

That change log is quite short... I think we are getting very close to the live launch.

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    They display perfectly fine for me in the live build, but I can't check it in Beta as they appear have disabled Ctrl+V in the ship name field.
    That is odd, currently on the Live build the special characters Ä and Ö will show up on the livery correctly, but on the ship it still bugs to this for me.

Meanwhile Å just doesn't exist. On the 2.4 BETA's so far, the same has been for all three characters, non-existing.
    Hopefully my report on the 2.4 bug forum will get checked on so I can finally name my ship what I wanted from the beginning.

• When changing the Commander's gender after previewing or equipping a suit, the suit will now transition properly rather than resetting
    When can we expect androgynous and gender neutral avatars? This is a shocking omission and in today's day and age totally unacceptable!

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Depends on FD internal QA
    well in that case release will be tomorrow.

Originally Posted by o7MJ View Post (Source)
    That is odd, currently on the Live build the special characters Ä and Ö will show up on the livery correctly, but on the ship it still bugs to this for me.
    http://i.imgur.com/VJkcAff.png

Meanwhile Å just doesn't exist. On the 2.4 BETA's so far, the same has been for all three characters, non-existing.
    Hopefully my report on the 2.4 bug forum will get checked on so I can finally name my ship what I wanted from the beginning.
    it's also in a really weird place on the ship.

oh and yeah awesome!, so many fixes!!! hope the release will be bug free

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    That change log is quite short... I think we are getting very close to the live launch.
    And for the first time in months, there were no new items in the Frontier Store today, so I guess they ran out of them

Btw, just checked, none of the HRPs/MRPs on my Vette have any caustic resistance values printed. Was this removed in the current beta?

O7,

CMDR The Lawful | Elite Noob

Got to say well done to the Frontier art department, the Thargoid ruins on that planet, with the green atmospheric glow, and the close-up sun in the background looks fantastic. As someone who has been playing since Elite Dangerous release, it is always a good sign for the design of the galaxy/game, that the elements can come together to present some great, new views/images for the player to discover. Can't wait for news about the 3.0 developments as well.

Originally Posted by Lenin View Post (Source)
    Got to say well done to the Frontier art department, the Thargoid ruins on that planet, with the green atmospheric glow, and the close-up sun in the background looks fantastic. As someone who has been playing since Elite Dangerous release, it is always a good sign for the design of the galaxy/game, that the elements can come together to present some great, new views/images for the player to discover. Can't wait for news about the 3.0 developments as well.
    Indeed, fantastic music there too!

There is nothing afaik in any of the patch notes about a change to synthesis mechanics that has profound implications for usage during combat:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-during-combat

I am very concerned that this change might go live with almost nil awareness across the player base and consequently little or no testing and feedback, therefore.
    Federal Vigilante PvP Executioner Friend and Supporter of Adle's Armada

Looks like a great overhaul for E with the 2.4 Patch but why I am be able to install the E Open Beta (1.9) over the launcher? That makes no sense to me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast