Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 4

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

2.4 The Return - Open Beta Update 4

Hot off the heels from update three just the other day... we now have reached open beta update four!

Here's the changes for this update...

Audio

• Fixed the vessel voice temperature warnings not working in Supercruise

Companion API

• Shield damage resistances should now be included on shield generators and boosters
    • Display values should now be correct for modifiers where lower values are improvements

General Fixes & Tweaks

• General text fixes

Holo-Me Creator

• When changing the Commander's gender after previewing or equipping a suit, the suit will now transition properly rather than resetting

Missions

• Chain mission inbox messages now better indicate the name and known station of the mission giver
    • Fixed an issue where the same assassination target could appear in a later chain mission or other mission board missions
    • Fixed an issue whereby location information was not displaying correctly for assassination Chain missions that occurred after an altruism mission
    • Fixed some string text that appeared in a chain mission's historical data
    • Fixed an issue whereby Chain missions could persist after deleting your save
    • Reduced the amount of Long Distance missions that will generate

Ships
    General Ship Fixes and Improvements

• Adjustments made to the Corrosive 1 Paint Job so it works better with non-Raider Ship Kits

Stability Fixes

• Fixed a disconnection that could occur when loading into the game for the first time
    • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when using the mouse to move the camera when in the cockpit
    • Implemented measures to help prevent crashes that could occur when quickly deleting inbox messages
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining or leaving a Multi-crew session
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the System Map
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when using Sythesis

UI

• Fixed some text that was cut-off in the Holo-Me UI when playing the game in some languages
    • Made some adjustments to prevent issues that could occur after Alt-Tabbing when in the Holo-Me UI
    • Fixed some overlapping that could occur in the inbox message titles

VR

• Adjusted some more outfitting cameras to work better when using VR
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

Awesome!
    Proudly Flying as "CMDR SPACE HAMBURGER"

can you confirm that you have fixed the heat cannons?

A wild speculation appears: release of 2.4 planned for next week, confirmed in tomorrows newsletter...

Exuses me to ask this here.. but will 2.4 also fix the SLI planet lighting bug?
    At the moment it keeps pulsing in 2.3.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    • Fixed the vessel voice temperature warnings not working in Supercruise
    Woohoo, my old pet peeve
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Ships
    My heart dropped when reading this.
    T-10, your days are numbered.

Originally Posted by punkerich View Post (Source)
    A wild speculation appears: release of 2.4 planned for next week, confirmed in tomorrows newsletter...
    Depends on FD internal QA but I would say yes. They still quite a crashes and other small bugs to fix. But I would say one or two beta updates and we roll out.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Very nice. Two or three of the mission fixes bugs I encountered just last night.

Let's roll! Thanks FDev

Nice, might have to run some more missions

So this 2.4 update is about fixes only, when we see new content besides useless skins?

Still have to try Beta 3, you are too fast on fixing bugs!

Originally Posted by Pawel Sebastian View Post (Source)
    So this 2.4 update is about fixes only, when we see new content besides useless skins?
    When story will kick off during launch of 2.4. Till then all content related to story - including gameplay - is hidden.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Noobdelux View Post (Source)
    can you confirm that you have fixed the heat cannons?
    Yes, please someone confirm this is fixed or will be - so sick of s using these things and not skipping them like the rest of the PvP community.
    -={ Building The Most Immersive Elite Dangerous Simulator - An Extensive Guide }=-
    Computer | Software | Displays / VR | Chassis | Motion - Vibration / Transducer | Flight Controls |
    Racing Controls / Button boxes | Audio | Storage | Cooling / Miscellaneous | Costs | Questions / The Future | Pictures

-={ Gentleman Pirate - The Guide }=-
    Good Ships | Loadouts | Where/Who to Hunt | Hunting in a Wing
    Conduct / Ethical Issues | Macros / Add-ons | General Workflow of an Encounter | Tips / FAQs

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast