Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOLPHIN - Can you please fix it before release :(

I'm using the Dolphin from the beginning, I love it and it works fine for me, I only have to be a little
    more careful with fuel scooping. You have to use it as intended, there are other ships better suited
    for low deck dogfights

Originally Posted by dree View Post (Source)
    I'm using the Dolphin from the beginning, I love it and it works fine for me, I only have to be a little
    more careful with fuel scooping. You have to use it as intended, there are other ships better suited
    for low deck dogfights
    it doesn't happen in SC... The Dolphin in SC is amazing! and I agree use as intended but this is certainly not working as intended, who mentioned dogfights? this is just planet side flying - dolphin is useless at combat as noted here

not asking for that to be changed its not a combat ship.

Agree, I don't even have weapons on board, and bringing passengers to a planet does not overheat my Dolphin.
    Sorry, I could not come up with another word than 'dogfight' when I saw the commander flying in the first video

Kenneth, are you exploring in yours (I am). Obviously I have had multiple landings, SRV excursions and photo shoots. I've never seen that landing gear/clipping issue before! It take it that there were no issues lifting off. Is this not more likely to be a planet generation issue rather that Dolphin. If you live in yours you just may never have seen this happening in other ships for that reason... and I've actually managed to fly underneath a planet surface in a Python!

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Kenneth, are you exploring in yours (I am). Obviously I have had multiple landings, SRV excursions and photo shoots. I've never seen that landing gear/clipping issue before! It take it that there were no issues lifting off. Is this not more likely to be a planet generation issue rather that Dolphin. If you live in yours you just may never have seen this happening in other ships for that reason... and I've actually managed to fly underneath a planet surface in a Python!
    when it came out I took it to beagle / ishums, the whole darn galaxy and I lived with its problems, since returning to the bubble I have flirted with other ships in my collection to gather materials etc, out of curiosity I found all my issues are Dolphin related unfortunately, I couldn't replicate any of them in other ships, even if I took them to the same co-ordinates on a planet I can guarantee the dolphin falls through

as for that issue, it landed like that from "recall ship" obviously I couldn't get the SRV under it to board ship, I ended up driving about 100km before it landed correctly on the 30th or so attempt each time it would sink into the planet after landing

I can live with all the above though, its the heat that really winds me up as I fly in the external cam to take some videos, and when you return to the ship its overheating and cooking itself my trip to beagle was filmed flying straight lines only because of this issue as I can replicate it on any planet if im patient enough, it doesn't happen all the time but its obvious when it happens as the heat rises rapidly.

Skardee was an interesting test I conducted last night in live and also the latest beta over the weekend, a ridiculously hot planet next to the sun... the dolphin was fine flying around that until 20minutes later all hell broke loose doing nothing different than 5 minutes earlier. it is Defo a dolphin bug and present in live and beta

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    post a vid of it, as I cant replicate this on any other ship, and for it to happen sometimes and other times you can fly fine (in the same goddam bit of space) ... suggests its not part of the game make up!

its been around since last beta, no-ones fixed it FD are too interested on pew pew, the landing gear is also knackard and it falls through planets, but I can live with the latter!!!!! ( I live in mine which is why I know its faults so well!)

http://i.imgur.com/gMLYHFj.png

nope as its fine one minute and hot the next, also confirmed by FD as a bug many times

and those saying its not a bug, have you even watched the video to the end??, I fly it pretty gentle when the heat bug causes issues, then when the bug disappears I fly it like I stole it and no heat issues, intermittent bug and yes it exists
    Clips are acting up right now but for anyone curious, anytime I'm over 50% throttle and turn using the left thumb stick on Xbox one out of super cruise this happens on those ships I mentioned. In my experience the Dolphin, Cutter, Clipper, Orca heat goes up almost instantly the higher the throttle.

Other than the clipper and Cutter my ships are d rated other than my fsd and this happens with or without any engineering.
    I just assumed it was how they made the game which never made sense to me but now reading this I see it's not normal.

The cobra and some of my earlier ships never did this but I assumed it was some sort of penalty they added as you purchase larger or better ships.

Originally Posted by NewBlacksmurf View Post (Source)
    Clips are acting up right now but for anyone curious, anytime I'm over 50% throttle and turn using the left thumb stick on Xbox one out of super cruise this happens on those ships I mentioned. In my experience the Dolphin, Cutter, Clipper, Orca heat goes up almost instantly the higher the throttle.

Other than the clipper and Cutter my ships are d rated other than my fsd and this happens with or without any engineering.
    I just assumed it was how they made the game which never made sense to me but now reading this I see it's not normal.

The cobra and some of my earlier ships never did this but I assumed it was some sort of penalty they added as you purchase larger or better ships.
    I've yet to see this on another ship so I would be interested to see videos, all heat goes up when using the thrusters by a couple of % but going from 45% to over 300% (if you let it) is not by design.

in my video when bugging the heat continues to rise overheating the ship, when not bugging doing the same moves even with boost on top the ships heat wanders between 47% to 57% max which is normal.

at 1:17 my ships starts cooling down from the same turn where it was overheating seconds before, if this indeed happens on other ships then raise a ticket but I just tested an orca and couldn't replicate

I'll try and replicate this with the Dolphin on my Alt account tonight and post a video on this thread if it helps?

FWIW only I've personally had problems of this kind are on the T7.

EDIT: Yep, it overheats pretty randomly - don't know if you want to use the link below in your bug report?

For comparison, here's another ship which has infamous overheating issue over the same planet (where Didi Vatermann's based) - and yet no problems at all!

Originally Posted by CMDR Ahab View Post (Source)
    I'll try and replicate this with the Dolphin on my Alt account tonight and post a video on this thread if it helps?

FWIW only I've personally had problems of this kind are on the T7.

EDIT: Yep, it overheats pretty randomly - don't know if you want to use the link below in your bug report?

https://youtu.be/zmQ1ToVb_s4

For comparison, here's another ship which has infamous overheating issue over the same planet (where Didi Vatermann's based) - and yet no problems at all!

https://youtu.be/FharMQPESFA
    thanks for testing and confirming too, I also could replicate in Beta but cant take video in beta, its a shame after 6months the developers just don't care.

What size thruster do you have in your ship and what engineering?

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    In my case, A5s with DDT5 coupled with LE1 PP

in my case I have had the same results with;

4D stock
    4A stock
    4D G5 clean
    4D G5 dirty
    5A stock
    5A G5 dirty

the bug does not discriminate based on thruster selection.

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    in my case I have had the same results with;

4D stock
    4A stock
    4D G5 clean
    4D G5 dirty
    5A stock
    5A G5 dirty

the bug does not discriminate based on thruster selection.
    Okay. Just curious as I know you can put 4 size drives in with virtiually the same speed as the 5. I wonder what 5A Clean drives would be like.

Okay. Just curious as I know you can put 4 size drives in with virtiually the same speed as the 5. I wonder what 5A Clean drives would be like.
    Don't know about A5s but with the A4 cleans I experimented with, they were actually worse, especially with fuel scooping. Can't remember what they were like near a planet surface unfortunately.

Do have a set of Clean A5s in a T7 on my main account which I could try, unfortunately I'm at Colonia at the moment, so it'll be at least a week before I get back.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Several ships have exceptionally weak lateral thrusters which overheat the ship when you fly sideways or upside down over the planet surface. I never considered it a bug.
    If that were the case they ought to drift not cook the ship.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast