Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOLPHIN - Can you please fix it before release :(

Thumbs down DOLPHIN - Can you please fix it before release :(

can you please fix it, it still happens in beta 3 and cooks the dolphin (not checked 4 don't have the time)

video is from live server (xbox) - (and yes many bug reports raised), I didn't record the beta (don't know how on PC) but the result is the same - link to bug report https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t=#post5877639

More videos

https://youtu.be/zmQ1ToVb_s4

For comparison, here's another ship which has infamous overheating issue over the same planet (where Didi Vatermann's based) - and yet no problems at all!

https://youtu.be/FharMQPESFA

original beta bug report

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5368258

and another video (and this guy really does fly it like he stole it without issues then turns simply and has issues!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dqxoVRvNbQ&t=769s

for clarity this is not just heat gained plantside as the ship gets up and well beyond 150% heat in seconds.

Link to the bug you raise for this- thanks!

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    I didn't record the beta (don't know how on PC)
    I use Nvidia Geforce Experience to record. It's pretty good and it's free.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Link to the bug you raise for this- thanks!
    added to 1st post

Didn't realise this was a bug lol. Be nice not to cook while turning.

Yep... I think they will fix it so that it always cooks It's not supposed so be flown as aggressive. The bug may be the opposite of what you think.

Several ships have exceptionally weak lateral thrusters which overheat the ship when you fly sideways or upside down over the planet surface. I never considered it a bug.

I agree it should be there just not as severe. It'd be different if you were boosting while turning and shooting rails to see it spike so fast. But even from a landing pad, pitching up a mere 90* while thrusting (not boosting) causes the heat warnings and that is likely not supposed to happen.

Is this a problem that's only seen in this beta? Because I haven't seen anything like that in the live game and I practically live in mine!

how do you get the heat so high in the first place?

If that's a bug then it applies also to the
    -Hauler
    -Dolphin
    -Cobra
    -Cutter
    -Conda
    -Orca
    -Beluga

I thought it was something that occurs with turning but if not I'd like it removed as I'm on Xbox too

Originally Posted by NewBlacksmurf View Post (Source)
    If that's a bug then it applies also to the
    -Hauler
    -Dolphin
    -Cobra
    -Cutter
    -Conda
    -Orca
    -Beluga

I thought it was something that occurs with turning but if not I'd like it removed as I'm on Xbox too
    post a vid of it, as I cant replicate this on any other ship, and for it to happen sometimes and other times you can fly fine (in the same goddam bit of space) ... suggests its not part of the game make up!

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Is this a problem that's only seen in this beta? Because I haven't seen anything like that in the live game and I practically live in mine!
    its been around since last beta, no-ones fixed it FD are too interested on pew pew, the landing gear is also knackard and it falls through planets, but I can live with the latter!!!!! ( I live in mine which is why I know its faults so well!)

Originally Posted by lemny View Post (Source)
    Yep... I think they will fix it so that it always cooks It's not supposed so be flown as aggressive. The bug may be the opposite of what you think.
    nope as its fine one minute and hot the next, also confirmed by FD as a bug many times

and those saying its not a bug, have you even watched the video to the end??, I fly it pretty gentle when the heat bug causes issues, then when the bug disappears I fly it like I stole it and no heat issues, intermittent bug and yes it exists

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    did you even watch it???? the heat rose just flying about, boosting and turning even sharper I was fine... in the same area of space... jeez
    Lots of people here who haven't checked the bug report - colour me surprised I was initially skeptical but FD have acknowledged the bug. Now they just need to work out when to fix it.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Lots of people here who haven't checked the bug report - colour me surprised I was initially skeptical but FD have acknowledged the bug. Now they just need to work out when to fix it.
    its the fact this has been happening since the Dolphin was released - it was in the beta bug list and just ignored that's what's frustrating getting close to 6 months now!

and when fanboys are now ignoring it as a bug as well as FD... great work!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast