Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOLPHIN - Can you please fix it before release :(

Originally Posted by Jayridium View Post (Source)
    If that were the case they ought to drift not cook the ship.
    I assume the point is the thrusters need to fire more/longer to maintain height, causing the overheating. But it makes little sense to me in the video above, the gravity is just 0.28G; I could understand it on a planet with >> 1G.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Okay. Just curious as I know you can put 4 size drives in with virtiually the same speed as the 5. I wonder what 5A Clean drives would be like.
    I will bet a significant sum of money it will still cook the ship until they fix it.

Originally Posted by who? View Post (Source)
    I assume the point is the thrusters need to fire more/longer to maintain height, causing the overheating. But it makes little sense to me in the video above, the gravity is just 0.28G; I could understand it on a planet with >> 1G.
    gravity don't increase the bug effect neither does heat on planet, well of course gravity and heat effects the heat of the ship, but what I mean is the bug is still present on high G and hot planets

i.e. you can be flying ok one minute in gravity extremes and hot planets and then cooking the next, so the ship has adequate thruster capacity to land on all planets without overheating (and it darn well should) its just the bug that creates the overheating, I just don't understand how FD haven't resolved this yet as it happens literally 80% of the time planetside

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    I will bet a significant sum of money it will still cook the ship until they fix it.
    Yep, I suspect it will as well. Was just trying to see if there where ways to mitigate the bug.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Yep, I suspect it will as well. Was just trying to see if there where ways to mitigate the bug.
    decent grade 5 clean and dirty drive rolls are expensive

That overheating bug is still present in 2.4? That's bad. It's one of the reasons why I don't use the Dolphin. Nice little ship and it could be a good money maker, but cooking the ship every time I take of or land on a planet is ridiculous (unless I don't touch "roll"; having to fly only with pitch and yaw and carefully keeping an eye on being level to the ground is not what I want to do).
    --
    Frontier Development: "… malicious griefing (which we loosely define as actions whose only purpose, outcome and gain is to punish and frustrate other players)."

The DBX needs an increase of agility!
    FDev: Give us a jump capable Condor with class 1 FSD, and 3 class 1 slots for ADS, DSS and fuel scoop

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    That overheating bug is still present in 2.4? That's bad. It's one of the reasons why I don't use the Dolphin. Nice little ship and it could be a good money maker, but cooking the ship every time I take of or land on a planet is ridiculous (unless I don't touch "roll"; having to fly only with pitch and yaw and carefully keeping an eye on being level to the ground is not what I want to do).
    still in the beta yes as it was with 2.3 and highlighted in the beta forum, weather it hits live AGAIN is another question, no feedback from frontier yet

... I just don't understand how FD haven't resolved this yet as it happens literally 80% of the time planetside
    two things:
    i do fly a dolphin from time to time and NEVER had that overheating thing happen even once. so just because its 80% for you , doesn't mean its easiy to recreate.

but

in the corelated bug topic, the support guy gave an answer that he was able to recreate the issue...
    the issue is probably not so severe that puts it up ontop of the thousand other bugs that are to be squashed.

The Clipper does this... is it not part of the design?
    Tribalistic Fanboyism is not good for the game, any game really. I Love Elite, but don't always love the implementation of the ideas nor the development philosophy.

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    two things:
    i do fly a dolphin from time to time and NEVER had that overheating thing happen even once. so just because its 80% for you , doesn't mean its easiy to recreate.

but

in the corelated bug topic, the support guy gave an answer that he was able to recreate the issue...
    the issue is probably not so severe that puts it up ontop of the thousand other bugs that are to be squashed.
    80% of the time would imply its easy to recreate, in fact others have replicated the bug on a different format (pc) with relative ease and kindly posted videos.

if you went planetside and tried the same moves it would happen to you too. (of course you could just lie and say it never happened) but QA- Mitch managed to;

1) read the bug report (along with all the other bug reports and day to day jobs)
    2) assign it to his teams workload (to fit in a live test I would assume)
    3) test it
    4) post back on the forum

this was all within 3 hours of the bug being posted on the forum and I posted it at 8:31am out of office hours!

^ I would call that easy to replicate.

and the icing on the cake is "that this is still an issue."

it took me longer to reply to this thread.

just for good measure more archived video evidence and bug reports from original beta

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5368258

and another video (and this guy really does fly it like he stole it without issues then turns simply and has issues!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dqxoVRvNbQ&t=769s

so yeah... it is quite common.

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    The Clipper does this... is it not part of the design?

don't be shy post a video / raise a ticket id like to compare

don't be shy post a video / raise a ticket id like to compare
    I don't own a Clipper anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cutter doesn't do it a bit as well. I won't be taking a video of it but you can easily test it if you're interested. It seems to have to do something with the friction of atmosphere combined with the speed of a ship and its power plants overall heat efficiency for the ship in question. Combine that with how aggressive people are engineering their ships with dirty drives and other high heat elements, it doesn't seem all that shocking that people would experience this. The Beluga is a notorious boiling pot without even being near a planet for example.

It's possible that the Dolphin does have something on the high side but I think the idea of heating up while turning in atmosphere is by design since the Dolphin isn't the only ship to do so. I suppose we'll have to wait and see for confirmation, but I never thought anything of it back in my Clipper days.
    Tribalistic Fanboyism is not good for the game, any game really. I Love Elite, but don't always love the implementation of the ideas nor the development philosophy.

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    I don't own a Clipper anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cutter doesn't do it a bit as well. I won't be taking a video of it but you can easily test it if you're interested. It seems to have to do something with the friction of atmosphere combined with the speed of a ship and its power plants overall heat efficiency for the ship in question. Combine that with how aggressive people are engineering their ships with dirty drives and other high heat elements, it doesn't seem all that shocking that people would experience this. The Beluga is a notorious boiling pot without even being near a planet for example.

It's possible that the Dolphin does have something on the high side but I think the idea of heating up while turning in atmosphere is by design since the Dolphin isn't the only ship to do so. I suppose we'll have to wait and see for confirmation, but I never thought anything of it back in my Clipper days.
    I can see you haven't read any of this thread, but again this happens with stock drives with the dolphin, I haven't yet been able to replicate it in any other ship I have tested it to death - I welcome any new evidence to the contrary though but it needs to be factual and evidenced.

its not a constant issue, sometimes it flies fine, and I am well versed in the heat mechanics of high gravity worlds, its a bug as confirmed by FD linked in the first post, and linked in post #39 we have yet to see it on other ships, but that's not to say its not there, if you have any real bug reports and evidence of it happening on other ships please help the investigation rather than saying "meh its by design it happens on all ships, go test it" that just causes confusion for all involved and those investigating.

please read my posts and those of others, watch the videos fully before commenting as its rather frustrating explaining the same thing over and over again, otherwise please refrain from posting as its off topic and baiting

I can see you haven't read any of this thread, but again this happens with stock drives with the dolphin, I haven't yet been able to replicate it in any other ship I have tested it to death - I welcome any new evidence to the contrary though but it needs to be factual and evidenced.

its not a constant issue, sometimes it flies fine, and I am well versed in the heat mechanics of high gravity worlds, its a bug as confirmed by FD linked in the first post, and linked in post #39 we have yet to see it on other ships, but that's not to say its not there, if you have any real bug reports and evidence of it happening on other ships please help the investigation rather than saying "meh its by design it happens on all ships, go test it" that just causes confusion for all involved and those investigating.

please read my posts and those of others, watch the videos fully before commenting as its rather frustrating explaining the same thing over and over again, otherwise please refrain from posting as its off topic and baiting
    There's no baiting involved, nor is it off topic. I asked a serious question since other ships do experience it even with stock drives, the bit about engineering only amplifies the issues. I wasn't reporting a bug, nor did I need you to fully explain the entire thing over, I was trying to discuss the issue and relate it to other possibilities, which is part of these boards. Given that you're so quick to get defensive over nothing though, perhaps I *will* bow out.

So was this confirmed to be a bug? Because as mentioned lots of ships heat up like this inside of a moon/planet atmosphere. I never knew why but assumed it was there on purpose.
    --
    1700+ hours put in means I will speak my mind.
    --
    CMDR Heavenly Hammer
    HTC Vive VR @ 4/7/16 | Oculus Rift @ 9/20/16
    32" 21:9 + i7 6700K + 1080Ti Black + 32GB RAM + CH Stick, Throttle & Pedals
    My Shipyard: Sidewinder, Eagle, iEagle, Adder, Viper 3, Cobra 3, Cobra 4, 2x iCourier, DbX, Vulture, AspS, AspX, 6x FDS, FAS, iClipper, 2x FDL, FGS, Python, Beluga, Conda, Corvette, 2x iCutter
    Imperial King |Federation Admiral
    Elite Combat Pilot | Elite Trader | Elite Explorer on 2/2/17
    NeoGAFer

This has been acknowledged by FD:

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey Kenneth Mcgrew,

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that this is still an issue.

I've looked into this again and been able to reproduce the issue on my end.

I've passed this back to the developers to get checked out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast