Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Synthesis 30 second delay and damage interruption removes reloading during combat

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    It's not an issue in PvE. You just end the engagement and then reload. It's an issue in 1v1 PvP.
    But isnt the issue in 1v1 pvp not the inability to synthesize ammo, but rather the need to even do it at all? Which brings us back to Silly Shields? If all the ammo on board a warship isnt enough to kill one ship, something is up...

Originally Posted by CMDR Ilmari View Post (Source)
    Yeah, but then we got engineers, and now it doesn't really matter which weapon you use
    Yes, I personally think that making engineer recipes that allowed weapons to be what they... arent (multi cannons, now doing huge shield damage....) was a terrible idea.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Yes, I personally think that making engineer recipes that allowed weapons to be what they... arent (multi cannons, now doing huge shield damage....) was a terrible idea.
    They don't because we also have engineer recipes that allow shields to have equal resistances to all damage types (except plasma, which do "absolute" damage).

If the intended compromise of kinetic weapons is unbalanced and there should be more ammo, why not push for that? Instead of trying to fix the problem with something that may not even be for that exact purpose (having infinite ammo in combat) . . .

Don't you guys think that FDEV's purpose is EXACTLY to make you/us use Lasers vs Shields and keep our Kin vs Hull, as intended?

Originally Posted by CMDR Ilmari View Post (Source)
    They don't because we also have engineer recipes that allow shields to have equal resistances to all damage types (except plasma, which do "absolute" damage).
    Yes, which was also a silly idea.

Originally Posted by Bio-Flame View Post (Source)
    Don't you guys think that FDEV's purpose is EXACTLY to make you/us use Lasers vs Shields and keep our Kin vs Hull, as intended?
    I hope so, because that makes a lot more sense.

What if rather than a timer reset it was a timer pause, so wepaonsfire interupted the synthesis but eventually it would complete

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    What if rather than a timer reset it was a timer pause, so wepaonsfire interupted the synthesis but eventually it would complete
    That'd be cool. Add a 1-2 second "cooldown" after each hit, then the timer continues.

It'd be about avoid hits rather than zooming off in to the sunset and coming back later. Lol

Cool!

Is this limited to combat damage or does crash (SRV fall) damage reset the synth progress bar as well?

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    This sounds like a decent solution...

I can understand that 1v1 PvP might suffer for it
    All forms of PvP really, not just 1v1. The number of players involved does not change the nature of the problem.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    I hope so, because that makes a lot more sense.
    OP addressed this.

Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    In practice, I expect that 1v1's that already take 20 to 40 mins will now either be abandoned earlier or start to take 30 mins to 60 mins, being fought over a series of 'rounds' ... bi-weaves recharging whilst synthesis reloading is performed.

If we move more towards laser-based builds (an existing trend already, admittedly) TTK will simply increase by the same if not a greater margin due to reduced DPE.
    Also I don't think players have a problem with the principle of lasers vs shields/kinetics vs hulls. Lasers are simply weaker than kinetics even if shields are involved. This change is a roundabout way of enforcing the principle. Kinetics are better vs hulls because they deal more damage vs hulls. Now lasers will be better vs shields, not because they deal more damage than kinetics, but that you don't have to worry about running out of ammo? That doesn't seem very consistent.

It should also be said that even if you are happy with indirect enforcement of the lasers vs shields/kinetics vs hulls principle it does nothing to PvE; kinetics will still offer the best DPS and the cooldown in PvE is irrelevant.

Also like to point out that they also introduced a delay on the report crimes. which is great... no crimes changing!

Originally Posted by slum View Post (Source)
    All forms of PvP really, not just 1v1. The number of players involved does not change the nature of the problem.

OP addressed this.

Also I don't think players have a problem with the principle of lasers vs shields/kinetics vs hulls. Lasers are simply weaker than kinetics even if shields are involved. This change is a roundabout way of enforcing the principle. Kinetics are better vs hulls because they deal more damage vs hulls. Now lasers will be better vs shields, not because they deal more damage than kinetics, but that you don't have to worry about running out of ammo? That doesn't seem very consistent.

It should also be said that even if you are happy with indirect enforcement of the lasers vs shields/kinetics vs hulls principle it does nothing to PvE; kinetics will still offer the best DPS and the cooldown in PvE is irrelevant.

Do you really think Kin weapons are supposed to NOT be balanced against having to need ammo?

Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Cool!

Is this limited to combat damage or does crash (SRV fall) damage reset the synth progress bar as well?
    *Gulp* Oh my if there is a timer on SRV repair, then same-instance Srv racing is a goner. Sometimes you gotta repair like every 10 seconds because of that ghost damage.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast