Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't think 2.4 will fix Quince

Are we saying that Frontier still didn't fix the situation where one action or quickly repeated action will still complete multiple stacked missions?

If so this is depressing.

There's plenty of ways to make tons of cash without this and lots of them, thought they are grindy, still give you a small feeling of accomplishment. I've never tried to mission stacking exploits because I don't want to ruin the game for myself.

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    Are we saying that Frontier still didn't fix the situation where one action or quickly repeated action will still complete multiple stacked missions?

If so this is depressing.

There's plenty of ways to make tons of cash without this and lots of them, thought they are grindy, still give you a small feeling of accomplishment. I've never tried to mission stacking exploits because I don't want to ruin the game for myself.
    Thats fine. I'll stack enough for both of us.

Originally Posted by lemny View Post (Source)
    quarter billion per hour.
    A quarter billion is 250,000,000 (250.000.000 for you weird people on the other side of the planet), which is 250 million. Way to blow things out of proportion, no-one has ever made that much off quince, there were some claims of 100 million, but those were manipulated to look like they took less time than they did. The most I've ever made off quince is 16 million per hour, which is now down to about 6-10.

Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post (Source)
    The most I've ever made off quince is 16 million per hour, which is now down to about 6-10.
    I think you doing it wrong
    AFAIK, you can stack up to 20 and more missions (first select 2 with around 3mio each) and then switch boards until you get another 10-20 Missions at once. All with a payout between 200k and 3mio. That makes more than 20-30 mio in one run. With a Suicidewinder it takes 5 minutes. I don't know many jobs with such a payout. Even If you add another 5 mintues of pure board switching you can do 5-6 runs per hour wich will end up with 100-200 mio.
    Even if that is no exploid by the terms and conditions of FD, it's far off balance, IMO.

Suicidewinder?
    Stack missions fine but let's not make this too gamey.
    I am not in that big a rush. Stack missions (hopefully - Board doesn't always cooperate), complete them, fly back, then take some more RNG gods willing.
    Its rare for me to get a full load of missions. I don't mind Mode-Switching but I'll only do it a couple of times then I am off.
    Gotta maintain some sense of dignity!

AFAIK, you can stack up to 20 and more missions (first select 2 with around 3mio each) and then switch boards until you get another 10-20 Missions at once. All with a payout between 200k and 3mio. That makes more than 20-30 mio in one run. With a Suicidewinder it takes 5 minutes. I don't know many jobs with such a payout. Even If you add another 5 mintues of pure board switching you can do 5-6 runs per hour wich will end up with 100-200 mio.
    Even if that is no exploid by the terms and conditions of FD, it's far off balance, IMO.
    This was changed a while back you cannot get 20 anymore by session swapping. Basically you'll get what the board gives and swapping will not give anymore once you accept the 1-6 on one board.

The most ive received after the last update was 8 missions and about 10 mil on one run.
    So there isn't further need to change what's already been adjusted drastically as there still remains value there but now it's reasonable

Originally Posted by NewBlacksmurf View Post (Source)
    10 mil on one run...... now it's reasonable
    10 Mil in one run isn't really reasonable when assasination missions, or... well, almost any other mission, will give you no where near that for "one run" though, surely?

I've used Quince a fair bit and it's never been that good for me. On a really lucky mission board I might be able to stack 20M of missions which takes 10 minutes to collect (though I don't bother with a suicidewinder so it could be a bit quicker). But it take a lot longer than that to get that board and board switching doesn't help much. I might make 80M on a good hour but the average would be more like 50M, in my experience. That's still very high, but 250M or even 200M is hyperbole in my experience, and certainly not achievable long term.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    10 Mil in one run isn't really reasonable when assasination missions, or... well, almost any other mission, will give you no where near that for "one run" though, surely?
    You can get 3.9 mil in many system for killing 42 ships on one mission so it's very reasonable

I did some research into Quince and the ground scans. I'm nowhere near it (I'm in Colonia) so I looked at videos of people doing runs. One thing is very clear. They all exaggerate the length of time a run took. Looking at the game clock in the video (obviously in cut free videos) it took at least one board switch to fill up. At Best this was 3 minutes from first board load until pressing launch. More if they switched more than once as many did. Often they spent up to 5 minutes on this stage

The next leg I looked at was time from start to SRV wheels on ground. Typically it took them 8 minutes to get to this point. Then the last leg mission completion, Suicide and back to the board.

What you notice is they don't tend to count the time taken to switch boards, or the reload time to reappear at the station and do the ship animations and board load or the time to hand in the missions on return. There seems to be this blind spot for loading screens and mission management. They tend to look at the time they leave the station to the time they suicide and claim that's 10 minutes or around that.

It took most about 20 minutes to be at the point to start picking from the board again. Some a little quicker some slower. In reality three runs an hour is realistic. Most made between 8 to 12 million. BUT those that made more took longer as they had to board switch to get the well paid ones. IT worked out at an average of 32 million an hour.

This is common of these get rich processes. Often people mistake one part of the process for the whole process and the result is grossly miss-leading results. One thing that does not change much between all the videos for example is the flight time from the landing pad to SRV wheels on deck. That process alone is 5 minutes for those using a fast i-courier. Longer for the sidewinders as it took them longer to break masslock. So just picking missions and touching the planet surface with wheels is 9 minutes. Then you have drive time, scan time, suicide, reload, animation pause, board reload time before you press launch again.

This process is not as lucrative as many claim. I am not commenting here on if its valid, intended, a bug or anything like that. Just that the facts are opposed to the fanciful claims made about the pot of gold.

Originally Posted by Judge Rhadamanthus View Post (Source)
    I did some research into Quince and the ground scans. I'm nowhere near it (I'm in Colonia) so I looked at videos of people doing runs. One thing is very clear. They all exaggerate the length of time a run took. Looking at the game clock in the video (obviously in cut free videos) it took at least one board switch to fill up. At Best this was 3 minutes from first board load until pressing launch. More if they switched more than once as many did. Often they spent up to 5 minutes on this stage

The next leg I looked at was time from start to SRV wheels on ground. Typically it took them 8 minutes to get to this point. Then the last leg mission completion, Suicide and back to the board.

What you notice is they don't tend to count the time taken to switch boards, or the reload time to reappear at the station and do the ship animations and board load or the time to hand in the missions on return. There seems to be this blind spot for loading screens and mission management. They tend to look at the time they leave the station to the time they suicide and claim that's 10 minutes or around that.

It took most about 20 minutes to be at the point to start picking from the board again. Some a little quicker some slower. In reality three runs an hour is realistic. Most made between 8 to 12 million. BUT those that made more took longer as they had to board switch to get the well paid ones. IT worked out at an average of 32 million an hour.

This is common of these get rich processes. Often people mistake one part of the process for the whole process and the result is grossly miss-leading results. One thing that does not change much between all the videos for example is the flight time from the landing pad to SRV wheels on deck. That process alone is 5 minutes for those using a fast i-courier. Longer for the sidewinders as it took them longer to break masslock. So just picking missions and touching the planet surface with wheels is 9 minutes. Then you have drive time, scan time, suicide, reload, animation pause, board reload time before you press launch again.

This process is not as lucrative as many claim. I am not commenting here on if its valid, intended, a bug or anything like that. Just that the facts are opposed to the fanciful claims made about the pot of gold.

Really accurate comment above....as I'm on Xbox so prior to the recent changes.....I recall having a few 2-3 mil missions as well as some 1 mil down to 150k with my Rep maxed out. Board swapping and all....it takes a good amount of time and for me to get upwards of 300 mil took days of doing this for 2+ hours a day.

It it was boring and tedious but it's what I chose to do.
    As of the last Xbox one patch it's no where near as lucrative....and I'd argue impossible to get more than 15 -20 missions at a time consistently all paying over 1 mil.

People are asking for nerfs not realizing it's been drastically nerfed already. I'd argue that in the time some claim to have made 300 mil pre changes it would be possible to gain 30-60 mil at best

I don't think 2.4 will fix Quince---And saying "Fix" imply s that something is Wrong, which already shows a bias here.

What I will never understand, is how one player using "Quince" to Lessen the Time of Building Credits or Rank,
    would in any way Impact Another Player, so why would any player Care what you do.
    Seeing that both players have the Choice to Use or Not use anything found in the game.

I always thought Everyone Could Play the Game how they wanted to, from being a Trader to being a Pirate.
    Then how is it that we have so many "Goody2Shoes" whining about another s choice of play.

Things should be left as they are, if it is not a bug, so that ALL can make their own choice on the matter.
    We do not need one group of players dictating their "opinions" on Others.

Originally Posted by Spacegamejunkie View Post (Source)
    ...Things should be left as they are, if it is not a bug, so that ALL can make their own choice on the matter.
    We do not need one group of players dictating their "opinions" on Others.
    Yet this is your opinion, to leave it as it is, which to those wishing to change it, is you dictating your opinion to them.

Originally Posted by Judge Rhadamanthus View Post (Source)
    Yet this is your opinion, to leave it as it is, which to those wishing to change it, is you dictating your opinion to them.
    But I like his opinion!

Originally Posted by NewBlacksmurf View Post (Source)
    You can get 3.9 mil in many system for killing 42 ships on one mission so it's very reasonable
    Erm... ok? Killing 42 ships is going to take a bunch more time, and involve a whole lot more risk than a really short trip to a planet surface and back.

Not... entirely sure if your being sarcastic at this point!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast