Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't think 2.4 will fix Quince

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Erm... ok? Killing 42 ships is going to take a bunch more time, and involve a whole lot more risk than a really short trip to a planet surface and back.

Not... entirely sure if your being sarcastic at this point!
    Im not being sarcastic cause you can get 14-20 of those and make 10-60 mil and not it doesn't take a long time in Quince especially considering what and where. Do you understand the context?
    Every kill 42 mission is a min of 3.9 mil per mission. Do the math for time on those vs scan missions.

Combat is a much better way to soend time.
    20 x 4 mil
    vs
    6 x maybe 500k or on a good board now 14 x 750k (averaging out scan missions)

Just as easy you can do passenger missions.

Simply put....people are complaining about something that was designed to be AND it's been adjusted already.
    Why anyone would want no one to be able to go far out to make more credits blows my mind as it's open to everyone on all platforms always.

Is is that you or others don't want others to have nice things ?
    is it that you or others feel someone else should have it harder?
    cause the reality is this.....I feel that I and others should have access to the way it was originally rather than the current nerfs or any incoming nerfs.

Whoever feels otherwise needs to clarify why and provide specific examples because as is, it's a situation that's not fair and also intentionally extending needless grinds that were available for what 1 year plus.....for what reason?

its not a glitch or bug or exploit it's how the game works. Funny that when people need a mission for an engineer, materials, rank up mission, passenger mission types and even combat it's fine but somehow this differs???????

I went there today to time how long to make 100 million. It took me 3 hrs 20 minutes or 200 minutes. Still about 30 million an hour there not bad for those looking for easy money. About 500000 a minute.

Originally Posted by lemny View Post (Source)
    AFAIK, you can stack up to 20 and more missions (first select 2 with around 3mio each) and then switch boards until you get another 10-20 Missions at once.
    Except to get 20 of the 3 mill missions, you need to flip the board MUCH more than that, you'll be there for hours if you only cherry pick the 3 million ones (yes, I have sat there for hours flipping the board before, I was board, ok?).

All with a payout between 200k and 3mio.
    So, 1 of the 3 mill, and 19 of the 200k, yep, checks out.

That makes more than 20-30 mio in one run.
    Your math is off, 200k times 19 plus 3 million is 6.8 million per trip.

With a Suicidewinder it takes 5 minutes.
    It takes 5 minutes to fly to the site, it takes additional time to scan, self-destruct, and board flip. Considerably more.

I don't know many jobs with such a payout.
    After you do the math correctly, and realize you can't get that many high paying missions that quick, it works out to about a wing of anacondas in a hazres with KW scanners.

Even If you add another 5 mintues of pure board switching you can do 5-6 runs per hour wich will end up with 100-200 mio.

LOL good one! XD

Even if that is no exploid by the terms and conditions of FD, it's far off balance, IMO.
    Well, if your statistics were right, yeah, it would be off balance, but, they aren't, and it's not.

Originally Posted by Raptoid View Post (Source)
    I went there today to time how long to make 100 million. It took me 3 hrs 20 minutes or 200 minutes. Still about 30 million an hour there not bad for those looking for easy money. About 500000 a minute.
    This is a proper test. It includes all the variables; Bad boards, server lag, the target being on the far side of the planet etc. Its not just someone looking at their best run ever and just seeing how many times it fits into an hour. Do the runs solidly for a few hours and see what you get at the end.

Guess I am stupid and have a short attention span. And don't suicide or feel a panic to rush. Or roll the boards more then a couple of times.
    I don't make near that money. Guessing...depending on random factors...I average 4-6 million an hour?
    Normally that would be the end of 2nd guessing for me except when I logged out last time the boards must have had 12 fairly high money missions showing. Most peeved I didn't have time to take them.
    My point is I think Faction state, number of factions, and RNG has much to do with it.

Tried it out last night. Made 25 million in around two hours. I wasn't exactly focussing on it.

Noticed that once you have picked up an initial set of the missions, board flipping doesn't seem to spawn any more of them (no, you don't need to have picked up 20 for this to start happening)

So after a bit, I board flipped until there were lots of the same mission type with high numbers on the board, at the same time, and took all of those, then went and did the scan.

Also, did the scan in mobius, as most of the time, once out of glide, my missions would complete without me needing to scan, because someone else scanned down there.

I never used suicide, just flew back.

Board flipping repeatedly is a waste of time hand in the missions in solo, flip to open, get about 15 missions offered consistently for about a total of 7-12 million. If they do not show up flip back to solo and take what it gives you and go do not sit and wait for board change. No need to suicide either this is the easiest mission ever land right next to the base, scan it, when you leave the surface simply fly just to the right of the orbit line for the station takes about 2 minutes back to the station. I can just about turn 4 runs of these missions from board back to board in an hour and I use a simple hauler with a 3500 rebuy. This gives you the 8 tons of cargo you need also for these missions as there are usually a couple of them with material rewards. I can consistently make about 30M per hour doing this although gets real boring after about an hour. At that rate you can be a billionare in 33 hrs of this which I would not know but that has got to be one of the quickest ways to a billion credits.

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Guess I am stupid and have a short attention span. And don't suicide or feel a panic to rush. Or roll the boards more then a couple of times.
    I don't make near that money. Guessing...depending on random factors...I average 4-6 million an hour?
    Normally that would be the end of 2nd guessing for me except when I logged out last time the boards must have had 12 fairly high money missions showing. Most peeved I didn't have time to take them.
    My point is I think Faction state, number of factions, and RNG has much to do with it.
    Your status with each faction makes a big difference. You definitely get more and better paying missions once you're allied with all the factions.

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    Your status with each faction makes a big difference. You definitely get more and better paying missions once you're allied with all the factions.
    Yes thank you. I did forget to mention it.
    Currently doing the grind, not for rank but strictly for the money, and the difference in money between Allied and Cordial is clear.

Quince should definitely be fixed. In a game with a balanced gameplay, there is no reason for other type of activities if one in particular is disproportionately more rewarding.

And don't come back with the trite "if you don't like it don't use it", as it is clearly affecting the game's balance.

Credits is an important part of the game's progression, and the economy has been fundamentally broken since Sothis because of mistakes like this one.

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    I think you may be onto something at the end. I definitely don't like seeing Master-ranked players flying my precious 'vette. I know it's irrational, but I still get a twinge of petulance.
    They have pills for that.

That'll fix that pesky petulance.

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    I think you may be onto something at the end. I definitely don't like seeing Master-ranked players flying my precious 'vette. I know it's irrational, but I still get a twinge of petulance.
    I'm a 'Novice' at combat.

I fly a Corvette.

Who cares?

(and I've never even been to Quince)

Originally Posted by Juniper View Post (Source)
    I'm a 'Novice' at combat.

I fly a Corvette.

Who cares?

(and I've never even been to Quince)
    No one does. Well most people don't. I don't.
    God speed!

Had a couple hours today to play and have come to the conclusion that, unless I am doing it "wrong", Mode Switching really don't do much of anything. Think it's more a time factor (10 minutes?) for Board updates.

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Had a couple hours today to play and have come to the conclusion that, unless I am doing it "wrong", Mode Switching really don't do much of anything. Think it's more a time factor (10 minutes?) for Board updates.
    It does a little, they nerfed it a LOT recently, it used to make a fairly large difference. There are also a couple of factors that affect board changes, first is FD's holy, thou-shalt-not-be-questioned RNG, second is player activity in the station, the more players taking missions at that station, the more board flipping is effective.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast