Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't think 2.4 will fix Quince

I don't think 2.4 will fix Quince

As far as I understand, the changes to the mission system will prevent completing multiple surface missions with one scan.

But if you check quince, the mission generator in this isolated place generates 20 bases at the same location.

Even if you have to scan 20 separate data points, you can do this in this one (20 overlapping) base location.

If you had tested it you would know that surface scans still complete the same way, do not change in 2.4

What does it matter?
    Players, other then you, will have access to money and rank if they want to grind away for it?
    Who cares?

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    If you had tested it you would know that surface scans still complete the same way, do not change in 2.4
    • Ship kills, and actions to complete planetary hack and disable missions will now only contribute to a single mission, this will be the earliest mission accepted
    Oh I thought this would also go for the surface scan missions. I don't get why FD excludes them in this fix.

It will when the thargoids come and totally wipe the system off the map...
    Elite | Tycoon | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke | Rear Admiral | Alliance
    Current Assets: ~2.9 Bil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs

Whoa if Fdev fixed Quince that way, my respect for them would increase by 1000 percent..

It won't fix quince, because quince isn't broken...

* In your opinion

fify
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs

A quarter billion per hour and such imperial reputation boost is far of ballance. And that's without suicidewinder.
    It's no exploit by FDs terms and conditions, but for me, it feels broken.

I am happy, I discovered it after credits lost their purpose for me. Otherwise "normal" ways to earn them would have felt annoying in comparison.

Originally Posted by lemny View Post (Source)
    A quarter billion per hour and such imperial reputation boost is far of ballance. And that's without suicidewinder.
    It's no exploit by FDs terms and conditions, but for me, it feels broken.

I am happy, I discovered it after credits lost their purpose for me. Otherwise "normal" ways to earn them would have felt annoying in comparison.
    Then simple do not use it. I used it a couple of times and was like boring and moved on.

Originally Posted by Crash1099 View Post (Source)
    Then simple do not use it. I used it a couple of times and was like boring and moved on.
    It affects everyone though, how do you think the idiots that kill sidewinders in the starter system fund their various *Insert rude word here*? I know at least 3 well(ish) known players that many would label griefers who make their 10s of billions of credits with various things like this that have been in the game since launch and now can have maybe 500 rebuys before they are even mildly concerned. It means anyone that is trying to defend said system or stop them ramming people at stations etc etc etc is fighting an impossible to win battle... Unless they too have used the get rich quick method and then it's just a battle of attrition.

For this reason more than any other I'd be glad to see the back of it. The people that benefit legitimately from these are those with limited playtime who can fast-track into some ships they'd otherwise not be able to buy/outfit. Yet for a large number of people it's kinda broken PvP and the idea that you can stop someone at least temporarily by killing them.

Originally Posted by Crash1099 View Post (Source)
    That's not the point. The pure existence of such places make other ways to earn credits feel pointless.

I only used it for exquisite focus crystals, and even there I got only a few in an hour which will vanish in seconds in a bad roll on my power distributor.
    But as I said, as I don't need any more credits or empire reputation, that breaks nothing for me.
    But like Alex, I think these places can ruin the experience in more than one way for players wich are still on the way to their first python.

While part of me doesn't like seeing Novice cutters and Master corvettes, I can't blame the new players that use the exploit. I've used Niu Hsing and Wu Giunnagi to grind navy ranks. Doing that and making money enough to buy the ship? That's a heady proposition.

Another issue is the imbalance between normal missions and passenger missions. 5 million credits for a 50 LY transport mission?

Quarter billion an hour? King (or Admiral if you like) in a afternoon?

I hear this often and have grinded once at every spot ever mentioned in this forums. And you know what?
    I have never made "a quarter billion an hour" or ranked high for all the grinding. Ensign for Feds and Baron for the Imps.
    Never got a big ship because of it. Did it for days. Boring so I leave. Haven't look back yet.
    If someone wants to do that grind for a pixel ship well god bless.
    Who cares? I'll tell you.
    The ones who already did it and don't want anyone else to have it.
    This game is most life-like.

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Quarter billion an hour? King (or Admiral if you like) in a afternoon?

I hear this often and have grinded once at every spot ever mentioned in this forums. And you know what?
    I have never made "a quarter billion an hour" or ranked high for all the grinding. Ensign for Feds and Baron for the Imps.
    Never got a big ship because of it. Did it for days. Boring so I leave. Haven't look back yet.
    If someone wants to do that grind for a pixel ship well god bless.
    Who cares? I'll tell you.
    The ones who already did it and don't want anyone else to have it.
    This game is most life-like.
    I think you may be onto something at the end. I definitely don't like seeing Master-ranked players flying my precious 'vette. I know it's irrational, but I still get a twinge of petulance.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast