Thread: Small plasma accelerators

Small plasma accelerators

Could we see some small PA's added to the hard point list (pretty please)

Small plasma repeater. But not a small PA itself. Also a medium plasma repeater wit ha RoF of 3/s.

But first we need to balance the other modules/weapons/ships before we add new broken stuff.

Huge Rail Gun, please...

After all remember that PAs were stupidly called "planetary bombardment weapons" in the literature... /rolleyes.

Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post (Source)
    Huge Rail Gun, please...

After all remember that PAs were stupidly called "planetary bombardment weapons" in the literature... /rolleyes.
    Remember, literature from the game where it weighted 900 tons and is the thing stick out the front of the Panther Clipper
    (when the internal capacity of the Anaconda was a mere 650 tons without a drive)

Fighters can have them, SRV's have them...

I'd gladly weld a fighter to the nose of my anaconda to have a plasma repeater there.

Originally Posted by Conch View Post (Source)
    handheld PA?

Originally Posted by Crimson Kaim View Post (Source)
    Small plasma repeater. But not a small PA itself. Also a medium plasma repeater wit ha RoF of 3/s.

But first we need to balance the other modules/weapons/ships before we add new broken stuff.
    1) I think if you want to do a balancing exercise, it is much better to throw everything into the mix that you wish to balance first - it's not a cooking recipe - if it were, we'd probably only have three guns in the entire game; but balancing first before adding just makes it even more difficult to add
    2) The plasma repeater guns only make sense whilst the only planetary vehicle is that unmodifiable SRV - which necessitates it being a jack of all trades; otherwise that plasma repeater [conceptually] is too uber-awesome

Therefore - I back your request, make plasma repeaters available for ships (small & medium), and make available an anti-plasma paint spray (it's a sort of coconut milk with vesuvian dew-drops shaken in) that ships can use to negate 50% of the damage. The side effect is it turns all ships bright pink. So worth it!

You just want to use them on your dolphin, don't you OP?

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    You just want to use them on your dolphin, don't you OP?
    how very dare you? there is no personal gain here whatsoever!*

*except small PA's on a Dolphin