Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.4 Open Beta now over

I need to know we get new music in battle when the thargoid fights us.

Voyager 1 is a space probe launched by NASA on September 5, 1977

Hmm... a very good day to update.

I think they have a few bugs to sort out prior to release... I doubt they will sort by tomorrow. Who knows may be Edd is staying up all night fixing the code etc

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    Well, I failed my mission.

To unlock the Corvette before 2.4 drops.

86% to go, in... errr... What's the release date?

I can do about 8% a session... So 11 sessions... 2 sessions a week...

2.4 will be released, no doubt, when I'm at 99%. In 5.5 weeks!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    You know it better, Cosmicspacehead: Don't grind!

And by the way ... maybe there will be new & interesting missions for gaining military ranks as soon as the Thargoids attack. How knows? At least, it would be reasonable to expect, wouldn't it?
    I work towards this ship, too ... but I can wait.

Originally Posted by Sentynal View Post (Source)
    Is there any easy way to delete all these beta installs that I have on my PC?
    The options are removed so I can't select them to uninstall them??
    I for one delete the beta folder completely from my pc. This has provided me with a clean upgrade every time.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    Well, I failed my mission.

To unlock the Corvette before 2.4 drops.

86% to go, in... errr... What's the release date?

I can do about 8% a session... So 11 sessions... 2 sessions a week...

2.4 will be released, no doubt, when I'm at 99%. In 5.5 weeks!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    I own a Corvette and you are not missing out on much. I wish it had a bigger jump range. Anaconda does much better fully upgraded for combat. Take time doing fed missions you will get it.

Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post (Source)
    I for one delete the beta folder completely from my pc. This has provided me with a clean upgrade every time.
    I for one always leave the beta installed and watch with glee all the complaints about large downloads when the new version goes live - bwahahaha!

Originally Posted by Crash1099 View Post (Source)
    I need to know we get new music in battle when the thargoid fights us.
    In my case, that'll be the theme song from Benny Hill.

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    I think they have a few bugs to sort out prior to release... I doubt they will sort by tomorrow. Who knows may be Edd is staying up all night fixing the code etc
    As I understand it, 2.4 is guaranteed to have more than a few bugs.

Give me the 2.4 release now, i can´t hold on longer.
    I need this right now, pleaseeee

I'll hope that i didn't need to cash in the community Mission to get the decal. You shut down the Servers before i could do that. (A day ago it was still active.)

Also, worst thing about the Beta has ended: It disappeared from the launcher so i can't uninstall it from there, but have to do it manually.

I just hurry to plunder the Thargoid Bases for a bit longer till they start shooting back....
    About 7 million cr. in half an hour on the black market isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by Kzak View Post (Source)
    I presume (guess!) that it'll be about two weeks, perhaps more, before 2.4 goes live. This is based on that they tend to have a month of beta testing, or more, for each major patch.
    They need just enough time to add in those traditional little eleventh-hour feature-breaking tweaks that weren't in the beta, so that when 2.4 drops the forums can ignite with, "Didn't anyone test this?", "This is what you get when people pay for beta access!" and "Beta testers SUUUUCK!"

Originally Posted by patttiat View Post (Source)
    Give me the 2.4 release now, i can´t hold on longer.
    I need this right now, pleaseeee
    It won't be Today or Tomorrow.

PaigeHarvey_Frontier said:
    "Doesn't sound cryptic at all to me /u/ollobrains! 2.4 is not launching tomorrow and we will let the community as a whole know when it's coming via our usual social channels "

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger..._24_launching/

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    It won't be Today or Tomorrow.

PaigeHarvey_Frontier said:
    "Doesn't sound cryptic at all to me /u/ollobrains! 2.4 is not launching tomorrow and we will let the community as a whole know when it's coming via our usual social channels "

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger..._24_launching/
    thanks for that info. i wish FD would post these things on their official forum for those who do not like reddit... its not like this is their official forum or anything.................... (oh wait!).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast