Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Response to release date speculation!

Thanks a lot. Really looking forward to 2.4. The Beta was already a blast :)

This is awesome news, because lot of us got worried beta got too short to fix all bugs we found there.

Also heck yeah for lore stream! After so long time!

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Hooray for everything. \o/

Flimley
    This. :)

Thank you very much for this update ! Have my support for working so hard FD :p

Figured my vacation starts the 15th....though maybe a trip to Florida isn't that bright of an idea at this point. :D

LOL, great![where is it]

Now I am chewing on my finger nails, because I am on vacation the first two weeks in October and not at my PC...:eek:

Originally Posted by dragoniv View Post (Source)
    Figured my vacation starts the 15th....though maybe a trip to Florida isn't that bright of an idea at this point. :D
    Ha, funny.
    So one of us will be drawing the shorter straw...[big grin]

I'm actually hoping it won't be released until the 24th or so, as I'll be on holiday for a week.

I'd hate to be away at or right after the launch. :(

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    ...in the interest of managing expectations...
    ...next ...Thursday ... we’ll discuss ... preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We’ll also be giving... a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!
    Announcement of an announcement of a tentative release coming late next week.

Actually useful info since it looks like I don't need to worry about logging in or checking for daily announcements for at least a few weeks. Delayed announcements usually mean the actual release is a ways off.

Hopefully it will coincide with my days off.

Plus, it gives me chance to order a new F5 key :)

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I'm actually hoping it won't be released until the 24th or so, as I'll be on holiday for a week.

I'd hate to be away at or right after the launch. :(
    Same with me, I am back on 23rd and extremely glad I will probably not miss the launch :)

Thank you very very much for that info. You probably just saved yourselves hundreds of thousands of page refreshes, if not more! ;) Not that Im an F5 addict or anything like that. Should make your IT guys happy. lol

Using tea leaves and averages.....

2.0 -> 2.1 = 163 days
    2.1 -> 2.2 = 154 days
    2.2 -> 2.3 = 166 days
    2.3 -> 2.4 = 161 days* + 1 day for good luck = 20th September 2017 (33rd Anniversary of original release)

* average number of days between previous release dates.
    Edit: FWIW dates between final beta and release have been between one and two weeks, so make of that what you will....

Sounds good! I'm off on the hols anyways, so take your time!

:D S

I'm scared of Thargoids !!

Would it be OK if we skipped 2.4 altogether please?

[up]

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast