Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Response to release date speculation!

And why am I not surprised.
    FD in his repertoire.

Any chance we could get some control over the ambient lighting in the cockpit? Who drives around with their car's dome light on at night anyway? Maybe it's a British thing...

well... that's not what I expected

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I'm actually hoping it won't be released until the 24th or so, as I'll be on holiday for a week.

I'd hate to be away at or right after the launch.
    Well, if you miss it you'll probably only miss the outrage after [insert odd bug] causes [insert something really unpleasant] to [insert large number] ships.

Thanks for the info.
    A lore livestream sounds epic
    Lore is law

how many years was the horizon season supposed to last?

Thanks very much for this update. For my part, I feel you should launch 2.4 when you think you've got it ready. If you give it to us sooner just to meet some expected date of ours, we'll just kvetch about bugs. NASA had at one point a program they called "Faster, better, cheaper." That program launched a probe to Mars that ended up just slamming into the surface where it was supposed to soft-land. Some things cannot be rushed.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    In the stream next week on Thursday 14 September at 7PM BST, we値l be bringing on our developers for a lore livestream where we値l discuss some of the story in preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We値l also be giving more information about the launch of 2.4 The Return, and a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!
    Will you be providing this information in a forum post for those of us who can't view the live stream?

Thanks
    Playing ED on an LG 34UC88, 34" 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD Monitor ● Core i7 3.4GHz 4930K ● 32GB 2133MHz DDR3 RAM ● GeForce GTX 980 ● Samsung 512GB 840 EVO SSD

My wish list of new features for Elite: Dangerous can be read HERE

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

We致e been noticing a lot of conversations and speculation regarding when 2.4 will be released, and many are guessing at this week. To respond to all of these speculations in one go, in the interest of managing expectations and being open in our communications with you, we wanted to give you a clearer idea about when we値l give you that information.

In the stream next week on Thursday 14 September at 7PM BST, we値l be bringing on our developers for a lore livestream where we値l discuss some of the story in preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We値l also be giving more information about the launch of 2.4 The Return, and a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!

Thank you for your participation in the recent betas, and thank you for your patience so far. We池e excited to bring you 2.4 The Return and look forward to the discoveries that the community makes about our alien visitors.
    So Frontier... Nothing to do here.

A lore live stream sounds great, but the delay on the release of 2.4 just plain sucks.

Originally Posted by fnkaiser View Post (Source)
    Thanks very much for this update. For my part, I feel you should launch 2.4 when you think you've got it ready. If you give it to us sooner just to meet some expected date of ours, we'll just kvetch about bugs. NASA had at one point a program they called "Faster, better, cheaper." That program launched a probe to Mars that ended up just slamming into the surface where it was supposed to soft-land. Some things cannot be rushed.
    NASA could have built and launched a probe to mars in the time it's taking them to get through the horizons season. it would have landed and given us information sent it back and now be slowly rusting away. meanwhile we're waiting for a patch to drop.

Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    A lore live stream sounds great, but the delay on the release of 2.4 just plain sucks.
    What delay? I don't think they've ever given us a date.

No doubt that Lore stream will help fill in content into the Verse.

Awesome news, thanks for the heads up.

Let's hope there are no interruptions...

See you in witchspace o7

Thanks for the info...a lore update sounds interesting. Sounds like a bit of backstory could be coming our way in preperation. But what of those who don't watch it? I know a few people who don't bother with the forums and therefor probably wouldnt know of the livestream and the info it would contain.

Would missing the livestream be a problem story-wise for those who don't watch it??...and if so, would there be any implementation of said lore in-game to "educate" those who missed it thus making a more rounded off experience for them?
    I'm a Mog...half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend.

Originally Posted by afreeflyingsoul View Post (Source)
    Any chance we could get some control over the ambient lighting in the cockpit? Who drives around with their car's dome light on at night anyway? Maybe it's a British thing...
    I remember putting a suggestion in for a toggle option on or off... to lower them

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast