Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Response to release date speculation!

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    Thanks for update... lets not moan or grumble. lets let FDev iron any issues identified during beta. we are all very excited, and lets be honest we don't want it to flop, we want it to be as good as possible.

If its end of Sept then great so Be it...... a little bit longer won't harm.
    Quality takes time
    +1 here. In the meantime I'm building up my credits as much as I can for that surprise attack that will blow me out of space.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Travers View Post (Source)
    Will you be providing this information in a forum post for those of us who can't view the live stream?

Normally the livestreams are on youtube, so should be around for a while.

Wow, this delay before release has me more intrigued than ever. Seeing how short and unremarkable the beta was, and seeing how Thargoid-related mechanic details haven't been discussed much, I sort of expected a quick launch of 2.4, with most of the Thargoid stuff arriving as GalNet stories accompanied by a few systems suddenly occupied by aliens that we would need to fight off in CZs, etc (sort of like how Eve has Sansha Incursions). But this delay sounds like the Thargoid content is going to be something more complex, something requiring careful preparation and an explanatory livestream! VERY interesting.

Regardless, good job FD! The game had trouble at launch but it is now on its way to the stars! Loving it! o7

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    In the stream next week on Thursday 14 September at 7PM BST, we’ll be bringing on our developers for a lore livestream where we’ll discuss some of the story in preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We’ll also be giving more information about the launch of 2.4 The Return, and a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!
    Why do you keep delaying 2.4? You won't release everything at once.

This live-stream won't show content that we haven't seen before either. It will only discuss lore.

It's an announcement of an announcement then another announcement of an announcement.

At the 2.4 live stream they'll say "Find out more in the next live stream next week and at Frontier Expo" thus delaying the release for another couple of weeks.

That's not The Office, that's just a pale imitation.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been noticing a lot of conversations and speculation regarding when 2.4 will be released, and many are guessing at this week. To respond to all of these speculations in one go, in the interest of managing expectations and being open in our communications with you, we wanted to give you a clearer idea about when we’ll give you that information.

In the stream next week on Thursday 14 September at 7PM BST, we’ll be bringing on our developers for a lore livestream where we’ll discuss some of the story in preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We’ll also be giving more information about the launch of 2.4 The Return, and a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!

Thank you for your participation in the recent betas, and thank you for your patience so far. We’re excited to bring you 2.4 The Return and look forward to the discoveries that the community makes about our alien visitors.
    My f5 key thanks you!

Originally Posted by Ambroza View Post (Source)
    What delay? I don't think they've ever given us a date.
    No they haven't, I should have said the "perceived delay", many a time at the end of a beta the live update usually comes really quickly after. To hear that it's not going to be in the next two weeks, kinda sucks...

Originally Posted by Cocalarix View Post (Source)
    Thanks Dale. I think that 2.4 teaser trailer might've confused some of us.

So either on the 21st or 28th is my bet. I have a feeling this is a wait for M$ and Sony to approve the final 2.4 build, or you guys have more tests to do internally. We sure didn't have that much to test.
    The bias is unreal with this post. I almost felt like upvoting it because it's so bad.

I know that many people will talk peacefully with the Thargoids when 2.4 is online
    but I am very realistic, and the federal movement indicates that things will not be that way.

and there are always those who pay more for something unique

And I do not want interaction with text messaging with aliem
    This is not fun
    Scientifically speaking of course kkkk

What I really want is something like a great battle (same massacre)
    Human ships exploding everywhere and messages coming through all systems saying we have to knock down the target at all costs.
    Then missions to collect rare and expensive debris
    Which would be better paid on the black market
    Open the intact core of the ship on a secret base and discover that the tharg was very much alive and preparing for melee in there
    the door opens and 27 renowned scientists die with guts through the windows.

Containment missions ally at the base half-dead, with weapons of tranquillizer and shock (ah innocent).
    The noise coming from the end of the hall, screams and shots.
    After a few more deaths we can say that we have catch one
    Palin comes in and talks to me now is me.
    Half an hour later he comes out full of green blood all over his body and says:
    "I need more specimens"
    "many more"[alien]

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    I love this game... seriously. I'm so happy I found it last year.
    Its taken me back ..... I loved it in the 1980s

Thanks FDev
    Gotta agree. And a couple of weeks is fine with me. Got a couple of things I am trying to accomplish in-game first anyway.

Looking forward to both :D any hints as to who'll be on the stream? Can you confirm or deny if there'll be loaches of the space variety?

Appreciate the communication.

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Why do you keep delaying 2.4? You won't release everything at once.

This live-stream won't show content that we haven't seen before either. It will only discuss lore.

It's an announcement of an announcement then another announcement of an announcement.

At the 2.4 live stream they'll say "Find out more in the next live stream next week and at Frontier Expo" thus delaying the release for another couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w0jakILepk
    At the rate of progress so far, the expo is just going to be announcing the release date for 2.4.

I'm seriously starting to lose faith that ED is in anything other than maintenance mode and everything is strung out to build the hype for relatively little.

@Dale, could you please use the Youtube 'live schedule reminder'? It's so much easier to track and follow the correct date & time across timezones when if you do it like that.
    That as well as we'll get a reminder suggestion even if we haven't visited the Forums in a few days.
    And it wouldn't hurt if you put up the reminders for the livestreams right after one is over.

Pretty please :)

Originally Posted by jefranklin18 View Post (Source)
    At the rate of progress so far, the expo is just going to be announcing the release date for 2.4.

I'm seriously starting to lose faith that ED is in anything other than maintenance mode and everything is strung out to build the hype for relatively little.
    Hyperbole levels turned up to 11.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast