Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 331 to 338 of 338

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Response to release date speculation!

  1. #331
    Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    I also find it taking a long time. Tomorrow they'll announce the release date of 2.4 So they delayed the release by more than 2 weeks.
    I have a gut feeling that you might be surprised how fast Thargoids will arrive after tomorrow's stream ...

    (I think I have good arguments for this, but I won't present them here - because IF I am right, it would spoil the fun for those believing me. No arguments, no convincing of anybody. Which makes this a pretty useless comment.
    I just want to be able to come back to this post and write: "I told you so!" :p)

  2. #332
    Originally Posted by lefty1117 View Post (Source)
    Why is this taking so long to come out? In all the previous betas the updates launched as soon as beta ended, like the day after. Why such a delay this time?
    Previous updates they had the beta, ignored a ton of reported bugs and released anyways. What's the point of a beta if they aren't going to actually fix anything?

    I'm quite happy to wait patiently while they fix bugs this time around. It seems they may be going about things in a more considered way lately, and it's much appreciated.

  3. #333
    Originally Posted by lefty1117 View Post (Source)
    Why is this taking so long to come out? In all the previous betas the updates launched as soon as beta ended, like the day after. Why such a delay this time?
    Most of the 2.4 content is/was locked off for the betas, and needs to be re-enabled and tested before Live release. I don't know if that's the reason for the longer wait this time, but I'm sure it contributed to it.

  4. #334
    Probably a private beta still happening with specially selected and invited commanders behind nda.
    We all know they have favourites who get invited behind the scenes etc.

  5. #335
    Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    Probably a private beta still happening with specially selected and invited commanders behind nda.
    We all know they have favourites who get invited behind the scenes etc.
    Do they? Hope that those blessed favourites are no pvp n00bs (did I say devs.?) otherwise the aliens will be easy to kill.

  6. #336
    Originally Posted by Gutser View Post (Source)
    Do they? Hope that those blessed favourites are no pvp n00bs (did I say devs.?) otherwise the aliens will be easy to kill.
    if the thargoids would be a challenge, all the noob player cry over the forum for a nerf.
    i bet a cutter that the thargoids will be ez to kill as the high rez npc pirate´s

  7. #337
    Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    I have a gut feeling that you might be surprised how fast Thargoids will arrive after tomorrow's stream ...

    (I think I have good arguments for this, but I won't present them here - because IF I am right, it would spoil the fun for those believing me. No arguments, no convincing of anybody. Which makes this a pretty useless comment.
    I just want to be able to come back to this post and write: "I told you so!" :p)
    Aaaaand I was wrong! :p

    While tomorrow still migth be earlier then Cosmo expected, it is definitely not what I had in mind. And while it happens all the time that people state all sorts of nonsense here at the forum and never come back to their claims and eat their words, I want to do better ...

    What I thought and seriously believed in was, that FDev had "snaked in" a surprise Thargoid attack into the live game code that would happen even before the actual 2.4 patch would be launched. And that a server-side toggle flip would be all that is needed to trigger it.

    Why did I belive this?
    - Well, the Thargoid ship models do exist in the game for quite some time now. No suspicious new game data would be needed for them.
    - FDev decided they need an open beta for this patch, including a CG with decal as a reward. The content to be tested seemed quite marginal to me ... so why an open beta with a very tempting reward to "lure" as many people to download it as possible? What, if FDev had used the beta to deliver some hidden live-game update to as many users as possible?
    - what would have been more surprising than some alien activity before the actual related patch would have landed?

    Oh well ... it didn't happen. I was obviously wrong and I admit it hereby. :(
    I am still more than excited about tomorrow and the Thargoids (active) appearancen Elite: Dangerous. I am looking forward to this patch more than to any other point update so far! :)
    However I would have loved, if FDev would have had the same idea (and/or if this idea would have been feasible) and if the pattern of events would have been as described ... wouldn't it have been epic?

  8. #338
    Data miners would have spoiled it.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223