Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Expo now on instagram

Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post (Source)
    Surprise surprise. A bunch of old miserable people complaining.
    Ya well after all these are forums for a game that came out in 1984, I kind of expected it but not at this level

If you do not like any specific social media - then do the adult thing and don't use/view it.

But stop the name calling, please.

Originally Posted by R34per View Post (Source)
    Woah, what's up with all the complaints about the "Garbage Generation" if you don't like it just don't use it, jeez.
    Generational warfare is as old as civilisation itself.

Perhaps for the older folk in the game Frontier can send them telegrams whenever they have important news to share.

Originally Posted by DeVaStAtOr View Post (Source)
    Generational warfare is as old as civilisation itself.

Perhaps for the older folk in the game Frontier can send them telegrams whenever they have important news to share.
    Oi!

I'm one of those 'older folk'

Originally Posted by R34per View Post (Source)
    Ya well after all these are forums for a game that came out in 1984, I kind of expected it but not at this level
    You're doing it yourself by the way. I assume you realised I'm poking some fairly gentle fun at the detrators. I'm 46. Age tells you nothing about a person.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Oi!

I'm one of those 'older folk'
    He can't help himself, he's Scottish.

(Derogatory generalisation bar raised considerably )

Christ Frontier you bunch of Tweets, put everything on this forum and stop making me double Facebook or so help me I will Snapchat , come to Cambridge and kick you all in the Periscope.

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small - Neil Armstrong"

NEVER FORGET ENGINEERGATE OR WHO WAS INVOLVED!

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    If you do not like any specific social media - then do the adult thing and don't use/view it.

But stop the name calling, please.
    What if you hate ALL social media?

I know, old timer, "don't use it" - but I already don't and only want to spread the word that one can live a full, productive, informed and happy life free of it.

---

"Garbage Generation" - There were the Baby Boomers, then Generation X, then the short-lived Generation Y, the Millennials, and finally the "Garbage Generation", but it's not quite what it sounds like - the GG are growing up with everything being disposable - and will generate more waste than the previous generations before them, but that's only part of it - in addition to all the disposables, they are also starting to shift in the socio-political views and values too, and will also dispose of a lot of remnants of both the Old Left and the Old Right - throwing out many of the "new" values, the extremes of Political Correctness, the extremes of both social justice and injustice, creating sweeping reforms in their wake, and they will come to embrace this terminology, in part because it sounds so harsh, but also in part because of how much garbage they will be getting rid of as well.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    What if you hate ALL social media?

I know, old timer, "don't use it" - but I already don't and only want to spread the word that one can live a full, productive, informed and happy life free of it.

---

"Garbage Generation" - There were the Baby Boomers, then Generation X, then the short-lived Generation Y, the Millennials, and finally the "Garbage Generation", but it's not quite what it sounds like - the GG are growing up with everything being disposable - and will generate more waste than the previous generations before them, but that's only part of it - in addition to all the disposables, they are also starting to shift in the socio-political views and values too, and will also dispose of a lot of remnants of both the Old Left and the Old Right - throwing out many of the "new" values, the extremes of Political Correctness, the extremes of both social justice and injustice, creating sweeping reforms in their wake, and they will come to embrace this terminology, in part because it sounds so harsh, but also in part because of how much garbage they will be getting rid of as well.
    I'm still in the "Frontier Expo Thread" right? Everyone knows they can live a normal life without having to check your mate on instagram every 5 minutes, the fact that they don't want to do it is another thing and in the end they are entirely free to leave ve as they wish. If they want to live their entire lives in front of a monitor then they can do it, if they want to live everything without a single minute wasted on social media then that's totally ok too, what's not ok is bashing those that don't prefer such lifestyle.

Anyways I won't proceed to do further derailing, nice to see FD expanding to more social networks.

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    You're doing it yourself by the way. I assume you realised I'm poking some fairly gentle fun at the detrators. I'm 46. Age tells you nothing about a person.
    I never said it did,what I meant by that was that it was expected to find people that were going to act the way they did.

And I did realized you weren't all that serious, sorry if any offense was taken.

Aren't you all advertising the fact that you don't like advertising?

V2k.

For those of us who don't have access to those thing-a-ma-gigs at work, which are we missing?

Generations are meaningless borders drawn by marketing analysts.

Not a big fan of insta, really. However, I assume anything relevant will be reposted here in short order.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Trying to find information on Elite Dangerous nowadays is like a sidequest in Fallout series:

Started with a Commodore 64, a tape deck and TV. Starting to show my age.
    Click here to see my screenshot album

I'm in the UK, which is currently UTC+1

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)

He can't help himself, he's Scottish.

(Derogatory generalisation bar raised considerably )
    And you can't help yourself raising the derogatory bar, because you are english

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast