Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: [Livestreams] Questions and Answers Thread

Thanks for posting that Paige and thank you to "Dr Anthony Ross" for his time last night on an excellent live stream, and then for answering all the questions from the chat - must have been a busy lunch-hour!

Question: There are non-atmospheric ice planets (80%+ ice) which have surface temperatures listed in the range of 400-500K. Is this really possible in real life, or a quirk of the Stellar Forge?

Wow! Those Q&A answers are awesome! For anyone interested in more detail on the stuff re: dividing the galaxy into cubes of 8 and then smaller cubes of 8, etc and also on generating names from co-ordinates, cmdrs Alot and Jackie Silver put together a brilliant presentation on this at Lavecon 2016 and there's a thread with all their work over here ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Cartographics

Thanks for doing that Paige and a huge thanks again to Ant for last night, awesome stuff all round!

This is good. Like questioms and answers xxx

Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    OK got it, not ok to cheat to avoid consequences, but OK to cheat to 'put on a good show'; thanks for the explanation.

P.s. having to fly back 30,000 ly has happened to some unfortunate cmdr's who have been ganked getting back from the black, would of thought it would be better to offer a realistic demonstration of the game play many enjoy and frontier endorse.
    Yes. Yes it is. Equating dev account usage while putting on a livestream to CMDR's being ganked is about as specious an argument as you can get.

You're telling me you'd rather sit there for sixteen hours watching Ed come back from Colonia before he carried on the livestream? I call to that. The drippiest of in fact. Ed has an hour (of his personal time BTW) to present a topic or highlight a feature. He's also a dev, works for Frontier and can do whatever he wants in the game. Deal with it.

Anyone that easily offended needs to stop watching literally everything. Mandatory blindfold and earplugs.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    4) When do we get to hear about what is coming next for Stellar Forge? Like comets, flyable gas giants, etc.

Oh, yeah, that's scheduled for MMPPPPPPH ...
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's really looking forward to MMPPPPPPH.

This is great! Thank you.
    Point 4 being the highlight though

Originally Posted by Andovar View Post (Source)
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's really looking forward to MMPPPPPPH.
    I really want to see gas giants. First, it is cloud galore, second, gas mining, third, additional place to do dogfights.

QUESTIONS FROM 09/11/2017 - Discovery Scanner 1 - Creating a Galaxy with Dr Anthony Ross. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-YStEK444
    Thanks so much for providing those questions in text form!

P.S.: Could you perhaps also add a link to the post with the actual questions in this thread to the first post? That would make finding them later on probably a lot easier.

Originally Posted by shadragon View Post (Source)
    What is the length of one side of a Coriolis station in meters?
    As far as we know from lore and player calculations, a Coriolis is a 4km Cuboctahedron (also called by nobody : "The Beveled Cube™") which means the diagonal of a a square face of a Coriolis Starport is 4Km long...

Originally Posted by Kaocraft View Post (Source)
    Question: There are non-atmospheric ice planets (80%+ ice) which have surface temperatures listed in the range of 400-500K. Is this really possible in real life, or a quirk of the Stellar Forge?
    I'd say that was a bug. Even without an atmosphere ice would start to melt at that temperature.

Excellent work. Thanks to all.

09/11/2017 - Discovery Scanner 1 - Creating a Galaxy with Dr Anthony Ross. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-YStEK444
    this last link is wrong, correct is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3nhCykZNw

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast