Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: [Livestreams] Questions and Answers Thread

  1. #61

  2. #62
    Why can’t fines be proportionate to the commanders wealth

    ????

  3. #63
    I have just been fined 60cr for accidentally smashing into a ship whilst exiting a station. I have a lot of credits, so why shouldn’t I have a fine that’s significant enough to make me meant to fly more carefully?

    Want

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by vantablack View Post (Source)
    Why can’t fines be proportionate to the commanders wealth

    ????
    It's easy to abuse. Take this example: say for argument's sake that the fine for killing another cmdr is 10% of the perpetrator's total wealth. Then let's say that CMDR JimBob is a successful trader worth a couple billion and he's running missions in his cutter. Assume that as CMDR JimBob is going through the slot on his latest run, he's paying attention to the other ships going through and doesn't realize that he's going at 105 m/s. At that point CMDR Itchy Potter, the infamous griefer, decides to ram a damaged sidey into him. CMDR JimBob was ready for this eventuality, so he's got engineered shields and hull and survives the station's reprisal for his murder by ramming of CMDR Itchy Potter (space law dictates that in case of collision in a station, whoever is going over 100m/s is at fault; the damaged sidey did not survive the collision, so it's murder). Unfortunately now CDMR JimBob is a hunted man with a couple hundred million bounty on his head (10% of a couple billion).

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by vantablack View Post (Source)
    I have just been fined 60cr for accidentally smashing into a ship whilst exiting a station. I have a lot of credits, so why shouldn’t I have a fine that’s significant enough to make me meant to fly more carefully?

    Want
    What matters is how fast you were going, not how you got to that speed. You can fly as carefully as you are physically able to, and still get into trouble.

  6. #66
    Has listening post Alpha at IC1848 SECTOR IS-T D3-29 A 3 A at coordinates -7.4144 : -125.7662, been removed?

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    QUESTIONS FROM 09/11/2017 - Discovery Scanner 1 - Creating a Galaxy with Dr Anthony Ross. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-YStEK444
    15) How come some stars are older than the Universe in Elite Dangerous?
    The oldest stars in the real Milky Way can tend towards 13,800,000,000 years. The sectors themselves have a maximum average age of 12,810,000,000 years. Unfortunately, though, there is a small, rare, bug in resolving the range of ages across a few sectors, and there have been a few cases of the stated age if a star being around 18 billion years. Yup, that's an oopsie. Bluntly fixing this will upset some generation and alter the galaxy, so a careful approach is needed for fixing this one up. It's my list of work to address, apologies for the delay.
    Hi Ant, I strongly suggest you not fix this "bug".

    There are stars IRL that appear to be older than the universe. There are also areas of heavy element content that seem impossible given the age of the universe and how these elements are made.

    As opposed to a single incident big-bang and "the start of time", an eternal, oscillating universe would account for excess of heavy elements observed and is to me more logical and compelling idea of the life of our universe.

    Example discussion of this topic (note lots of ideas of modifying physics models far into the site; changes to make the big-bang model work "better", but which c/would fundamentally alter various other areas of physics): http://www.pnas.org/content/94/13/6579.full

    Perhaps like the Trappist system, a nice win for Stellar Forge, rather than an error.

  8. #68
    Do we know if there will be a stream today and if yes, what about?

  9. #69
    Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    Do we know if there will be a stream today and if yes, what about?
    Supposedly there is a stream with lead developer Mark Allen about how the Thargon swarm was created. Ed Lewis doesn't normally put a thread up until the afternoon (UK time).

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Supposedly there is a stream with lead developer Mark Allen about how the Thargon swarm was created. Ed Lewis doesn't normally put a thread up until the afternoon (UK time).
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...13#post6154513

  11. #71
    Thanks.

    I even heard that before. Damn, my brain isn't what it used to be.

    I blame T.J.

  12. #72
    Why not make engineered modules degrade over time so they start at 100% but take a small amount of damage over time. As a opposite to them giving players a brilliant "constantly better" roll they need fixing a lot more often and pirates who use them will need to get a safe haven to fix them as well?

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by EdzUp View Post (Source)
    Why not make engineered modules degrade over time so they start at 100% but take a small amount of damage over time. As a opposite to them giving players a brilliant "constantly better" roll they need fixing a lot more often and pirates who use them will need to get a safe haven to fix them as well?
    Because that would suck.

  14. #74
    Originally Posted by CMDR ANCALAGON View Post (Source)
    Because that would suck.
    No it wouldn't. It would make sense and it would be a good addition in my opinion.

  15. #75
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    No it wouldn't. It would make sense and it would be a good addition in my opinion.
    I disagree. It just adds another layer of "busy work" and performing repeated actions for the sake of it, rather than because it rewards skill. Instead of doing what they enjoyed it'd be a sisyphean task of no fun for the player.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast