Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: [Livestreams] Questions and Answers Thread

Thanks a lot Paige

I have a question.

Did Ed get some sleep?

Thanks, Paige. It’s always great to get as much information as we can from all the members of FD.

Just viewed last live stream and I notice that Ed and Steve cheat using dev tools to escape the consequences of a gank ( getting set back many ly's from the goal area ); does this mean FD support cheating to avoid consequences?

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #20
    Hello WolfStarslayer,

It was unfortunate that Steve was killed, however, he accepted the rebuy and intended to carry on with the stream as planned, very much accepting the "consequences of the gank". Unfortunately, he ended up back in Colonia where he had previously been docked which would have meant the stream would have been cut short should he have remained there, as you can't very well get to Maia in 30 minutes!

Frontier Developments, of course, does not advocate cheating to "avoid consequences", however, we do believe in putting on a good show which would not have been possible otherwise.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    Just viewed last live stream and I notice that Ed and Steve cheat using dev tools to escape the consequences of a gank ( getting set back many ly's from the goal area ); does this mean FD support cheating to avoid consequences?

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

OK got it, not ok to cheat to avoid consequences, but OK to cheat to 'put on a good show'; thanks for the explanation.

P.s. having to fly back 30,000 ly has happened to some unfortunate cmdr's who have been ganked getting back from the black, would of thought it would be better to offer a realistic demonstration of the game play many enjoy and frontier endorse.

OK got it, not ok to cheat to avoid consequences, but OK to cheat to 'put on a good show'; thanks for the explanation.

P.s. having to fly back 30,000 ly has happened to some unfortunate cmdr's who have been ganked getting back from the black, would of thought it would be better to offer a realistic demonstration of the game play many enjoy and frontier endorse.
    I feel like youre taking this out of context firstly i would imagine someone coming back from colonia would dock before taking part in a cg obviously steve didnt in this case but then again if you were coming back from colonia it probably wouldnt be to do a live stream at a very specific time which might be unplanned.

Secondly steve became a target because he was on the fdev livestream you dont usually attract that much attention.

Yes they used tools but that was to give us a stream to watch that was relevant to an upcoming release. They also didnt show us mining or thargoid bases or racing or one of the many things you can do because it wasnt the purpose of the stream. other streamers would make sure they docked.

If it was a private group I'd say fair enough, but this was a 'live' stream supposedly representing 'live' play; as for the 'stream sniping' aspect as this was at a CG that doesn't wash as non-streaming cmdr's are ganked all the time, just read the forums.

The cmdr who killed Steve had every right to expect his victim to be sent back to his last berth and this was taken from him via dev tools; just doesn't seem fair and as I said before not representative of what cmdr's can do in 'live' play. I can see no one else seems bothered by this duplicity so I'll leave it there.

If it was a private group I'd say fair enough, but this was a 'live' stream supposedly representing 'live' play; as for the 'stream sniping' aspect as this was at a CG that doesn't wash as non-streaming cmdr's are ganked all the time, just read the forums.

The cmdr who killed Steve had every right to expect his victim to be sent back to his last berth and this was taken from him via dev tools; just doesn't seem fair and as I said before not representative of what cmdr's can do in 'live' play. I can see no one else seems bothered by this duplicity so I'll leave it there.

While this is sure to disappoint you, the reality is that Frontier do not have to abide by the rules that normal players do.

If a dev wanted to check out something in Colonia (to debug an issue or test a feature), would you expect them to take the long journey, or to just do whatever is necessary to appear there? It would be an absolutely foolish use of business time and money to do anything but tweak the game to get the fastest response.

The same applies to the live stream. They wanted to demonstrate a particular feature, not demonstrate travelling huge distances. It would have been unreasonable for them to do anything but to "cheat" as it would have broken the live stream.

Not only was the stream fascinating, the Q&A is as well.

Great info. Thanks for getting answers and collating the responses

What is the length of one side of a Coriolis station in meters?

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Not only was the stream fascinating, the Q&A is as well.
    Seriously, I could listen to and read stuff by Ant for hours upon hours, it's all so interesting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast