Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mining still useless and broken?

Re: Assimiliator1

Well I have split up all the materials, equal, so I have maxed out of each that I can carry, I don't want to discard to be able to mine. 500% more is not really excessive, it will make it more relaxed, u can macro the key that it keeps the mouse button pressed until you push the same button again.

Halts, well if you have maximum materials, and no space, if your limpets picks up a material and try to deliver it to your ship, because full already, all limpets just stop, until you start discarding some materials.

To the people who using abusive aspects:

Well its not meant to use tricks to be able to get a decent yield with mining, it should be default and fair for everyone.

Material storage cap at its current level is a right pain, I do agree with that. Re splitting up materials evenly, I think that's a mistake as the common materials you can get on any landable planet easily, personally I keep 5-15 of the common materials (depending how much it's needed of course) & give more room to the rarer materials. I had about 70 Niobium at 1 point (I was using lots of jumponium). But, even adjusting material levels more to what I think I'll likely need, the current level is still badly restrictive.

And 500% increase would be excessive .
    THARGOID/US CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & criteria (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

Originally Posted by z33r0x View Post (Source)
    To the people who using abusive aspects:

Well its not meant to use tricks to be able to get a decent yield with mining, it should be default and fair for everyone.
    The stuff on the elite miners reddit isn't abusive (not now the exploit is being fixed anyway). It relies on mapping the locations of prime rocks within a RES, and carefully mining the fringes of the RES. It's exciting, especially on your own rather than in a wing, as the pirates do usually spot you sooner or later - so you need to pay up run or fight.

Mapping the procedural rocks is a skill and makes RES mining (especially Haz-RES mining) worthwhile.

Quality of life improvements to tag high grade rocks in game would be great, but it's already easy using Chicago Chad's guides on reddit - and more skilful than just hitting the rock with a 'locator limpet' or something. I mine solo, I don't use exploits and can still fill my hold with painite at the Haz-RES sites in Njikan thanks to Chad and YinYin. Alone it's maybe a little less profitable than maximised A-B-A-B trading, but it's far more exciting. In a wing like Chad does it, it's probably about the most profitable non-exploitative thing you can do in the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123