Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 202

Thread: Current PVP meta...

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    If you just want to protect the Traders, you don't Need an offensive build IMHO. A super fast and manoeuvrable, silent shieldless ICourier (for harrassing) with two specific mods on its weapons should be sufficient: target lock breaker (to allow the Trader to flee) and FSD Interrupt (to prevent the ganker from pursuing the Trader). You can put a thermal cascade mine launcher on the third Slot or some other weapon with phasing sequence, to eventually force the ganker to dock for repairs after that "Encounter". Once the Trader is safe, harrass the ganker for as Long as you can before jumping out yourself.

    AFAIK, PVPers don't care about loosing their ships. They hate loosing time however. Make them loose as much of it as possible.
    I was thinking I wanted to engage and win, to be honest, but I hadn't considered hassling them, which is quite an entertaining thought, maybe I'll make a courier as well, thanks for the ideas.

    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Fragments are easy - find an alien crash site, smash UA, collect fragments, relog, done.

    Nice thread, running 4x efficient beams at the mo' (just for PvE, I am no expert) - looks like I might have to engineer some PAs instead
    Thanks for the tip on the fragments, sounds straight forward.

    Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    Yeah, it can be a lot more long ranged than I think you have it down as.

    Be prepared to meet FDLs sporting multiple rails, long range lazors or similar high distance wizardry. I can't state whether it will be a regular build you meet because I've been away from CGs for some time, but it is a popular 1v1 concept and absolutely merits consideration on what you'll do if you meet one.

    To be fair if your job is white-knighting, you interdict someone and they start flying off into the distance reverski, you might consider it a done job to shake them off another's tail anyway. If you're after the kill though...high speed reverski ships with rails never fail to draw a sigh from me. If you run in with a build without any long range elements, particularly a mostly gimballed setup, there's not much you can do.

    Specific points around your proposed build...even with efficient, that's a capacitor hungry looking ship. Being able to sustain pips in areas other than WEP is crucial on a ship such as the FDL; this is why overcharged multis are popular with many - at closer ranges with a good distributor mod, you can sustain fire happily with 1 to 2 pips.

    Utility wise, don't bother with the PD in this case. Especially if your game will be to run when shields drop, preserve the slot for something else. A lot of missile based armaments will be packhounds anyway, which aren't countered well at all by a single PD. What you use in utility should, at this point, look at your defensive strategy; are you going to use SCBs? Then I would recommend at least one heat sink. If you are not, then I can put in a recommendation for double chaff and 4 boosters (yup, chaff still has its purpose here, don't you worry). For the record, resistance based shields are used typically with SCBs. Pure Mj shield is however important in ships that might try to pull ramming off. Oh, and yes to good bulkheads; you'll still meet the odd ship with phasing.

    I might recommend something like this...
    https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fer_...MA28QgIwV0A%3D

    Mod one MC corrosive, one emissive and the C4 with auto loader.

    Three gimballed MCs for reasonable close range damage pushing, two rails to stop you being walled by SCB boats, give you constant firepower against TLBs and sting back at someone that tries to go full reverski (unfortunately I can't give you a hard counter for this unless you want to go with even more rails and develop strong evasion skills).

    Best of all, that's a simple setup. You could probably pick something more effective from a "meta PvP" perspective, but I don't think it would be best for a newer PvPer. TLB plasmas are indeed popular, I just wouldn't recommend a full fixed setup to a newcomer.

    Don't worry about popping fighters. They're more trouble than they're worth, leave you open to being stung by the main ship and will be back on the field either in a short few moments or instantaneously depending on the hangar they have. Just fly evasively at all times where possible.

    EDIT: Of course, you can always run a surprise/hassling build if you want all results and no "duelling", but that's down to your own imagination. iCourier with three cascade torp launchers might shut a few big ship owners up for instance.
    You're right I hadn't considered that some PvP is conducted at long range. I actually used to use a Silent Running/long range rails DBE for pve, til I realised that the NPC has grade 5 engineered 'eyeball', but I was still quite effective. That's probably the style I'd have most success with myself at the current time. I can use rails, maybe I should go 4 rails instead of 4 PAs.

    Regarding a LAser AND PAs, yeh, I know it's cap heavy, but I'm a decent pip-fiddler, I start an encounter at 3 sys, 1.5 wep, 1.5 eng and that is the default fallback position. If I'm facing the enemy, not under fire, I put full pips to weaps for a few seconds, if I come under fire or they get behind me, I shift to sys to absorb or eng to out-maneuver them. Whenever my weapons cap s full, I go back to the starting position (3, 1.5, 1.5). I think I'm going to need to go for a Huge corrosive MC for th reasons you stated, too many energy weapons. Does the corrosive effect affect the hull damage of PAs and Railguns?

    Thanks for the tip on fighters, in PvE, when taking on wings, I systematically take out the smaller ships first moving up to the larger shipsas it is the fastest way to reduce overall damage, I now realise that strategy will be pointless in pvp for reasons stated (infinite fighter bays, etc).

    I'm not really one for 'specific' builds, despite what I said about SR railboats, I would never ram or mine-bomb, so let's imagine an overall fight hard and win build, rather than a build that takes advantage of specific builds.

    I'm starting to think I need to be able to cover a few tactics. I like simple. I got your pm, we'll talk more.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Hey man, was about to head to sleep. Ill go over a FDL build with you.

    Weapons: The current meta is 3 efficient plasmas. 2 target lock breaker. 1 Dazzle. 2 medium sized railguns, one Long range cascade and one Long range super pen.

    * Rail gun rolls, just use g1 Sulfur rolls, and roll for thermal heat reduction long range. Then apply the special effect. You dont gain any dmg, Not worth using any of the other rolls.

    3 fixed laser long range burst lasers 1 Scramble spectrum, 1 emissive and 1 thermal shock(for when someone banks you raise the heat on em a bit) then the same two rails. This is called hitscan. And if you fire fixed lasers, you can fire rail guns. Use a subtarget to pull up the box long distance. When you do your rolls. Try to aim over 5.5k And look for a dmg/distro increase at the same time.

    All Gimbaled multicannons. Is what I use. Its countered with chaff and has a dps loss compared to fixed. However when used correctly you can win fights with this. And it counters some builds out there. Gimbals allow you to be more evasive while acquiring time on target. Hence the balance of DPS loss to compensate. Run 1 huge rapid fire multi cannon with corrosive shell, 4 over charged multi cannons, 3 thermal, 1 emissive. (THIS BUILD IS HOT) I dont run chaff, I have 1 set of sinks to control my heat and 1 set for triple banking. Both chaff engineered to extra ammo.

    *Can swap out a multi cannon for a set of heat pack hounds. Pack hounds also strip external modules when shields are down. They do aoe dmg.

    Shields: Prismatics thermal resist grade 5 is a good beginner build Module Slot 4. I wouldnt suggest biweave until you understand Human vs Human combat. Knowing the builds and capabilities of others. It hard to know how to get your uses out of biweaves. They are the stronger shield though. And I cant teach you that experience. You just have to get out there.

    Shield Cell Banks : Engineer these if you want. I dont but it would save me some heat. Get heat reduction on these. I run 3 Shield cell banks. My Banks are on slot 5, 4, 3. The size 2 is an interdictor. I dont bother with hull reinforcements or module reinforcements. This is shield build. Proper use of your sinks during turns to get as much time as you need to you arent hit with rails is important. So try to predict this. Your build relys on it.

    I run 2 resit augmented boosters all above 15.5% in Thermal,Kinetic and explosive across the board. Heavy duty boosters are okay, but very heavy. Good against PA's, thats up to you. I like to go fast.

    Thrusters: Positioning is key. Grade 5 dirty drives from palin. You want your multiplier as close to 142 as possible. Thats the max roll. Im currently sitting at 136. (Always work on this)

    Distributor: Grade 5 charge enhanced. You goal here is to get a huge increase on how fast you fill your cups. Pip Management is important and it comes down to part of the battle. If your cup fills faster than the other guy. It makes things easier on you. SO WORK ON THIS ALL THE TIME. JUST LIKE YOUR DRIVES!

    A rated sensors. your preference in engineers. Just make sure they are A rated.

    *You can remove Bank and use a Size 2 slot for Hull Reiforcement. Thermal resit on a size 2 is the same as the thermal resit on a size 5. The only difference is the HULL amount gained cause of the module size. So if you want to boost a specific resit use a size 2 or 3.

    Hull you can go light weight. It is a shield build. But you will die when they go down. I personally use Heavy duty and that gives you flat resist across the board. Reactive armor is okay but more for hull tanking.

    I've always enjoyed fighting to the death. I have a lot of rebuys and it takes a lot to learn. Its okay to lose. By typing GG or GF most of the time the fight will stop. Not all the time though, but thats okay. The reason I fight to the death is because I learn how to survive that much longer. Its where I learned the power of FA off ONLY flying, remember positioning in key. So during the last 10% of my hull, I lasted longer, and then the next fight. I applied that and stayed alive longer and started winning.

    Fighting to the death is very rewarding. But very expensive. But its what it takes. Hope to see you out there at the CGS. Get ready for fun. Its okay if you get ganked by 3-4 people. Sometimes massive hairballs happen. Good luck dude.

    Also this build will allow you to stay in a PVE Conflict Zone for a VERY VERY VERY long time. You'll never have to leave and youll kill things fast.(Great place to start learning biweaves later)

    If you or anyone else has any questions. Ill check back tomorrow to answer.

    And check out the GCI discord. Without them I couldn't have told you guys this. They have all the good guys and bad guys helping everyone. They have multiple ship builds, they will do evaluations on your 1v1's to help you get better and they have lots of documents that go more into why the meta is the meta.

    Traders come too, you want to play in open. These builds will allow you to stay alive in your trader ships. And then you start griefing the griefers cause they cant kill you. When you're properly outfitted. They better come with grom missiles and torps baby. And not everyone carries those.
    Thanks very very much for the detailed post, I'll go over it soon and have questions. I'm in Eastern Europe, so don't wait up for me!

    Edit: couple of quick points, I favour bi-weave in pve because I am good at pip management on the fly, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to PvP. To give you an idea I as a serious contributor to WoW theorycrafting back in the day, so I'm aware of the symbiosis of certain parts. For example, if I want to go high resist, low MJ, I will need to run batteries and heatsinks, something I don't really like doing. If I go high MJ at the expense of resists, it would be pointless carrying batts and therefore heatsinks, freeing up key slots for more integrity or MJ. This is the thing, it's horses for courses (testament to how WELL balanced Elite PvP is comparatively). I think I'll just have to make a decision, get oout there and try it and see what happens. Learning by doing has always been my preferred method anyway.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    GCI is everyone. Good guys and Bad guys. There is no role playing here. There is only getting really good at combat. We set up tournaments and when people get really good then can try to qualify for the PVP league. Good guys and Bad guys all help each other. Then the roleplaying stays in the game. We all respect each other, even though PVP actions can get heated. We still shake hands and go at it again.

    2 rules no premium ammo, we try to keep it as fair and balanced as possible. No combat logging.

    Try to be respectful of the GG and GF's in a fight. However its not mandatory as I am sure you'll find out. Most wing fights end in death. 1v1's are a place to learn different load outs and ship maneuverability.

    So, we leave the BS at the door. And we help each other git gud. Then we fight in the game for various reasons. And its fun to have real fights for real reasons when you arent 1v1ing and so forth.

    We are the good guys always have been.
    I cannot 'play nice' with anyone who would send an innocent CMDR to the rebuy screen for any reason, so mixed alignment groups would not work out for me.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    if logging out to do the same bothers you.
    It does, thanks, though I don't deny I may end up doing it, we'll see how fast progress goes without.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by Herbrand View Post (Source)
    Question: why Efficient Plasma? I use two Long Range Plasma as it helps a lot with hitting, due to the increase in projectile speed.
    LR plasmas are good for aiming but efficient PAs are better than unmodified at everything, and are a great bargain for DPE and absolute damage.

    Like 90s kid said, for LR plasmas shoot for a projectile speed of 1600 or close to it, and aim them with your fixed MCs.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    I was thinking I wanted to engage and win, to be honest, but I hadn't considered hassling them, which is quite an entertaining thought, maybe I'll make a courier as well, thanks for the ideas.
    NP. I for one LOVE to be the hair in the soup, the fly on the Sandwich. The succulent irony in this is that it yealds tons of salt from the biggest salt miners. And on a side note, you can't really win PVP nowadays. There are Close to None fighting to die with the sword in their Hand. They high wake when shields are down, if they don't even Clog.
    Zorgon Peterson Foxtrot Romeo India over o7

    My Explorer Profile on EDSM

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    I cannot 'play nice' with anyone who would send an innocent CMDR to the rebuy screen for any reason, so mixed alignment groups would not work out for me.
    Welp, thats pvp. Remember they didnt build this game to go do what we are doing right now. I dont think they said "HEY, Lets build this space game with powerplay so these guys can 1v1." Everyone has reasons, or complaints. Its not as bad as the forums blow it up to be.

    These guys are the same people you and I are. We do protect new people in starter area's.

    But everyone has their reasons to feel griefed. But for the most part this is not what we do. We are more about being competitive. Learning. You're not going to learn something from blowing up asps. We all know that. But sometimes it happens in role-played events. Its just the way it is.

    At the end of the day we are there to support Elite Dangerous. And help each other out in the PVP part of the game. A lot of the guys role play too.

    Dont be afraid of the names in there. If you really want to learn. Come learn from the best. And separate this from the game. Its okay to be enemies with the guys in there.

    I think this is one of the bigger problems we are having trying to come together, because I said the same things you did. I just took the chance and seen what this game was really about. GCI is the best place to learn. Think about it. The bad guys arent all that bad if they are teaching right along side the good guys.

    All I ask is remove that aspect. And view the group as a school room and teachers. Then you can do something about the bad guys in the game when you're ready.

    Hope you give it a shot. If you're really looking for the "good guys" check out Adles armada and the iridium wing. They role play good the good guys if thats what you're looking for specifically. All that I ask is you dont discredit the bad guys. Everyone gets along here.

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by ForeverN00b View Post (Source)
    Stitch and 90s kid gave very sound advice. I can echo that the GCI discord is the best source of advice and information, there are a lot of top tier pilots that hang out there and virtually all of them are happy to give advice.

    My own 2 cents is to get familiar with weapons you may have never used before. PAs, rails, cannons, frag cannons. A lot of weapons that don't see use in PvE see lots of use in PvP.

    Also, when they talk about meta builds (3 PA 2 rail FDL), it won't do you much good if you haven't practiced with those weapons. 90s kid uses gimballed MCs because he can use them to their strengths. For PvP out in the wild, a lot of builds can be viable. Fly what you are comfortable with and have fun experimenting too!
    Yes, I always knew this was the answer (best is what suits you), however, there is meta and a balance must be struck! Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty good at using all the weapons, there are only two I haven't tried, PAs and Packhounds (and I'm not likely to ever try packhounds as I don't PP).
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Welp, thats pvp. Remember they didnt build this game to go do what we are doing right now. I dont think they said "HEY, Lets build this space game with powerplay so these guys can 1v1." Everyone has reasons, or complaints. Its not as bad as the forums blow it up to be.

    These guys are the same people you and I are. We do protect new people in starter area's.

    But everyone has their reasons to feel griefed. But for the most part this is not what we do. We are more about being competitive. Learning. You're not going to learn something from blowing up asps. We all know that. But sometimes it happens in role-played events. Its just the way it is.

    At the end of the day we are there to support Elite Dangerous. And help each other out in the PVP part of the game. A lot of the guys role play too.

    Dont be afraid of the names in there. If you really want to learn. Come learn from the best. And separate this from the game. Its okay to be enemies with the guys in there.

    I think this is one of the bigger problems we are having trying to come together, because I said the same things you did. I just took the chance and seen what this game was really about. GCI is the best place to learn. Think about it. The bad guys arent all that bad if they are teaching right along side the good guys.

    All I ask is remove that aspect. And view the group as a school room and teachers. Then you can do something about the bad guys in the game when you're ready.

    Hope you give it a shot. If you're really looking for the "good guys" check out Adles armada and the iridium wing. They role play good the good guys if thats what you're looking for specifically. All that I ask is you dont discredit the bad guys. Everyone gets along here.
    will definitely think about it, thanks. Did you see my edit at the bottom of the other post?...

    Edit: couple of quick points, I favour bi-weave in pve because I am good at pip management on the fly, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to PvP. To give you an idea I as a serious contributor to WoW theorycrafting back in the day, so I'm aware of the symbiosis of certain parts. For example, if I want to go high resist, low MJ, I will need to run batteries and heatsinks, something I don't really like doing. If I go high MJ at the expense of resists, it would be pointless carrying batts and therefore heatsinks, freeing up key slots for more integrity or MJ. This is the thing, it's horses for courses (testament to how WELL balanced Elite PvP is comparatively). I think I'll just have to make a decision, get oout there and try it and see what happens. Learning by doing has always been my preferred method anyway.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    will definitely think about it, thanks. Did you see my edit at the bottom of the other post?...
    Ah just seen this, so. Remember in wow once you reached max level. The game really started with raids and the gear grind?

    Thats what this is, so, Biweaves and scramble spectrum dont go well together. And you have to use biweaves and your maneuverability to your advantage. Biweaves require you to be much faster than your opponent. Also have a fast broken regen rate with a really good distro.

    PVP is pretty unbalanced. Thats why I made the "reason open sucks for everyone thread". Because once you start min maxing. You end up turning god rolls. g5 rolls that you essentially turn into g7 rolls with secondaries. So not only are there different skill sets. But there are heavily engineered ships as opposed to moderate g5 engineered ships.

    People thats been around a lot longer FARM FARM FARM FARM during the week, do their rolls and get back to the CG to try out their upgrades. So, it can be a difficult start.

    Which is why we have been asking for "YOU GET WHAT YOU SEE" Make sliders static. Let everyone have the chance for the same roll. Remove oh you got lucky. Or you spent more time.

    Some guys have over 13,000 rolls. 4k rolls just on drives.

    But thats what it takes. So if you guys really want to know, thats why engineers are unbalanced. No one gets a fair shot. Unless you can put in hours and hours just to hope for the best.

    The fights make up for it though.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    I cannot 'play nice' with anyone who would send an innocent CMDR to the rebuy screen for any reason, so mixed alignment groups would not work out for me.
    To be fair, you posted in the forum. The forum has in-game good guys and in-game bad guys. It's a meeting spot to discuss Elite. The same applies to GCI. GCI is not a player group per se', it's the discors of the combat community.

    Do you shun the forum or reddit because there are members that kill shieldless explorers? If not, then I suggest applying the same logic to GCI.

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by ForeverN00b View Post (Source)
    LR plasmas are good for aiming but efficient PAs are better than unmodified at everything, and are a great bargain for DPE and absolute damage.

    Like 90s kid said, for LR plasmas shoot for a projectile speed of 1600 or close to it, and aim them with your fixed MCs.
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Less distro draw. All around buffs in all catagories. More time on target with plasmas when close or out maneuvering.

    Long range pairs well with Fixed multis though. You can engineer them to share the same leading reticule for no needs for adjustment.

    On my FAS I use size 3 fixed thermal frag cannons and 2 focused plasmas. Good in wing fights as long as someone as a bank stopper, strips shields, really good vs large ships.

    All preference really. Just as long as you can make it work. o/

    EDIT: Meta is META though. Its the Most Efficient Tactical Advantage, Best in slot. This is why when metas are established in other games. They change the stats, characters ect to change peoples play styles and keep the game fresh. So its good changes happen. Its all about adapting. You can git gud. But can you stay gud?

    Its almost harder to be a slave to the META. If you stick to one specific play-style(one trick). You will know your build so well, you can beat anything by tweaking your play. You learn your win conditions.
    Thanks but no thanks. The amount of time I stay on the pip vs the amount of time I stay on the gimbals' lock-on window tells me to keep my gimballed MCs - the actual DPS is just better with them.

    As for the Efficient PAs, yes, heat and distro is an issue, but I found out that with them I get to shoot accurately first. This means that Dispersal Field and/or Target Lock Breaker kick in, making my opponent's life harder for when they do get to shoot.

    I have a set of Efficient ones, I will give them a go one of those days. Also, your FAS has 5 hardpoints?
    My Glorious Flightstation
    CMDR Herbrand - FA Off Trainee - HTC Vive user

  12. #27
    My current Lance warship build :

    https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fer_...n=Dirty%20Bird

    Its heavy and slow by FdL standards but it can dish out solid DPS regardless of the loadout you encounter, plus it can take a beating and still leave a brawl unscathed without any drama if things get a bit messy.

    You will come across all sorts of weird and wonderful builds on your travels so you need something that is not too focused on dealing with any specific meta style loadouts.

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by Herbrand View Post (Source)
    Thanks but no thanks. The amount of time I stay on the pip vs the amount of time I stay on the gimbals' lock-on window tells me to keep my gimballed MCs - the actual DPS is just better with them.

    As for the Efficient PAs, yes, heat and distro is an issue, but I found out that with them I get to shoot accurately first. This means that Dispersal Field and/or Target Lock Breaker kick in, making my opponent's life harder for when they do get to shoot.

    I have a set of Efficient ones, I will give them a go one of those days. Also, your FAS has 5 hardpoints?
    Haha, no man size 3 or Large hardpoints for the frags. And 2 Focused pa's =P . I should have worded that properly.

    I personally use gimballed multis. I am a ToT fan myself. I feel they are very strong. They should reduce the tracking arc based on the sensors like they had in the patch a while back. Gimbals also force chaff, when the opponents builds could be stronger with an extra shield boosters or heatsinks. Gimbals are pretty strong when you get down to it. But they also make you pay in Dmg, wattage and chaff if they have it.

    Yep TLB and Dfield are great too. TLB needs an internal cool down along with scramble spectrum lasers. Just like they did with the grom missile. The person its applied to has a cool down and cant be effected until that internal cooldown is over.

    Dont really have a good number of seconds that would be good for them though.

  14. #29
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Ah just seen this, so. Remember in wow once you reached max level. The game really started with raids and the gear grind?

    Thats what this is, so, Biweaves and scramble spectrum dont go well together. And you have to use biweaves and your maneuverability to your advantage. Biweaves require you to be much faster than your opponent. Also have a fast broken regen rate with a really good distro.

    PVP is pretty unbalanced. Thats why I made the "reason open sucks for everyone thread". Because once you start min maxing. You end up turning god rolls. g5 rolls that you essentially turn into g7 rolls with secondaries. So not only are there different skill sets. But there are heavily engineered ships as opposed to moderate g5 engineered ships.

    People thats been around a lot longer FARM FARM FARM FARM during the week, do their rolls and get back to the CG to try out their upgrades. So, it can be a difficult start.

    Which is why we have been asking for "YOU GET WHAT YOU SEE" Make sliders static. Let everyone have the chance for the same roll. Remove oh you got lucky. Or you spent more time.

    Some guys have over 13,000 rolls. 4k rolls just on drives.

    But thats what it takes. So if you guys really want to know, thats why engineers are unbalanced. No one gets a fair shot. Unless you can put in hours and hours just to hope for the best.

    The fights make up for it though.
    Since we're on the topic, I don't have a problem with the randomness of the result, what I have a problem with is the randomness of the result AND the randomness of materials collection. I don't think there would be any point everyone rolling the same gear, in that case, why bother with engineers at all, might as well remove them from the game if we're all going to be in stock cars. Personally, I'd make mats gathering more reliable and keep the random rolls. Rewarding those who spent more time (despite my being one who would NOT have enough time to be competitive at the top), is perfectly reasonable. Time is everything, if you spend it you should be appropriately rewarded.

    Originally Posted by ForeverN00b View Post (Source)
    To be fair, you posted in the forum. The forum has in-game good guys and in-game bad guys. It's a meeting spot to discuss Elite. The same applies to GCI. GCI is not a player group per se', it's the discors of the combat community.

    Do you shun the forum or reddit because there are members that kill shieldless explorers? If not, then I suggest applying the same logic to GCI.
    Fair comment. Although I don't feel associated with forum users, we are all just like independent pilots in open. Joining a club with others is something else, but that doesn't invalidate what you say, and I'm not one for cutting off my own nose to spite my face, I'll have a look.


    To other posters, thanks.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Hope you give it a shot. If you're really looking for the "good guys" check out Adles armada and the iridium wing. They role play good the good guys if thats what you're looking for specifically. All that I ask is you dont discredit the bad guys. Everyone gets along here.
    Iridium Wing are more the "neutral guys". The ends justify the means [1], etc.

    Everyone agrees that getting explorers back safely is 'good' in principle, until we're escorting someone who's about to drop 50 million in data on a faction you're trying to overthrow, or an explorer who in their non-exploring career has ended up on a bunch of KoS lists, etc. We're also quite happy to carry out criminal acts - including PvP ones - to keep an explorer safe. (And we're certainly happy to learn combat from people who are definitely not the 'good guys', because they're generally the people who know how to do it well.)

    [1] Except heat cannons and combat logging, of course. Got to have some standards...
    Returning explorer? Need an escort to keep your data and other shinies safe? Contact Iridium Wing. Sol and Colonia.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast