Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Current PVP meta...

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    If you dont like pip management, remove the shield and boosters, 4 heat sinks for silent running 100% and put another HRP instead of the shield, keep pips to 0-4-2 or 0-3-3.
    And then soil yourself at the first emissive missile launching fiend you encounter

OP is apparently good at the pip management side of things though, so no concerns here.
    "Please replace these components if use causes fatal damage: HEAT SINK. MAGAZINE. OPERATOR"

Instead of the FDL, get a FAS, its more maneuverable, half the rebuy (4mil).
    Good weapons would be 4 PAs or 4 Frags.
    Bi weave shields with thermal resist and 2 boosters and 2 heat sinks.

Armoured plant, 1 MRP and rest HRPS heavy duty. Military armour also heavy duty.

If you dont like pip management, remove the shield and boosters, 4 heat sinks for silent running 100% and put another HRP instead of the shield, keep pips to 0-4-2 or 0-3-3.
    Yeh, I liked my FAS a lot, I only stopped using it in PvE cos Python. Thanks for the tips. By the way, why military armor and not reactive with G5 thermal?
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

Armoured plant, 1 MRP and rest HRPS heavy duty. Military armour also heavy duty.

What ?

The FAS has very good yaw and pitch rates but TERRIBLE vertical and lateral thrust.

The FdL has exceptional strafe thrusters enabling it to evade much more consistently and is a much harder target to hit.

FAS pilots generally just boost at you shoot their load, flip it and then come back for another pop. Its very predictable and easily countered as it cant strafe orbit any where near as well.

Originally Posted by HeavyGroovez View Post (Source)
    What ?

The FAS has very good yaw and pitch rates but TERRIBLE vertical and lateral thrust.

The FdL has exceptional strafe thrusters enabling it to evade much more consistently and is a much harder target to hit.

FAS pilots generally just boost at you shoot their load, flip it and then come back for another pop. Its very predictable and easily countered as it cant strafe orbit.
    With FA off, the FAS can dance with the best (using main thrusters), but I know what you mean about the vertical and lateral thrusters, thanks, I'm even more keen to try the FDL for this reason, I haven't flown anything that agile since the Vulture, looking forward to it.
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    With FA off, the FAS can dance with the best (using main thrusters), but I know what you mean about the vertical and lateral thrusters, thanks, I'm even more keen to try the FDL for this reason, I haven't flown anything that agile since the Vulture, looking forward to it.
    To be honest, it cant.

It works well as a wing ship and if there is a lot of action it can bomb around and be a legit alpha strike threat but 1v1 its gonna get sent packing by a decent Lance pilot.

Its a fun ship but its not in the same league as the Lance.

This describes my FAS perfectly. Hulltank with 4 PAs. I need to reroll a few of the HRPs but the basic concept is targeting denial.

To be honest, it cant.

It works well as a wing ship and if there is a lot of action it can bomb around and be a legit alpha strike threat but 1v1 its gonna get sent packing by a decent Lance pilot.

Its a fun ship but its not in the same league as the Lance.
    Good to know, cos I fancy all that up and down and side to side action.

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    Good to know, cos I fancy all that up and down and side to side action.
    That is where the Lance shines.

Good pilots will get in tight and high strafe orbit so you end up having to boost flip out of the circle brawl, let it settle and then boom and zoom.

The armoured plant is to avoid being rail sniped when shields are down and recharging (and its often).

While the FDL is a better combat ship than the FAS (4 times the cost also), the FAS is more maneuverable ( most manuevarble ship in the game).

The 4-0-2 prismatic loadout on the FDL sacrifices manuevarbility (0 pips to engine), and here the FAS outflies the FDL in 1 v 1.

Emmisive weapons counter Silent Running but the current FDL meta uses 3 PAs and 2 Rails, none of those have emmisive effects (9/10 builds).

The armoured plant is to avoid being rail sniped when shields are down and recharging (and its often).

While the FDL is a better combat ship than the FAS (4 times the cost also), the FAS is more maneuverable ( most manuevarble ship in the game).

The 4-0-2 prismatic loadout on the FDL sacrifices manuevarbility (0 pips to engine), and here the FAS outflies the FDL in 1 v 1.

Emmisive weapons counter Silent Running but the current FDL meta uses 3 PAs and 2 Rails, none of those have emmisive effects (9/10 builds).
    Also, emissive doesn't really matter unless someone is fleeing, because the second an SR player fires, they're able to be targeted by anyone in the wing.

What are you on about ?

The FAS is not the most manoeuvrable ship in the game, not even close.

As for the prismatic lance if you need to reposition you stick 4 pips in motor, that's just basic combat protocol regardless of ship and loadout.

What are you on about ?

The FAS is not the most manoeuvrable ship in the game, not even close.

As for the prismatic lance if you need to reposition you stick 4 pips in motor, that's just basic combat protocol regardless of ship and loadout.
    It's the most maneuverable PvP-viable ship in the game.

Originally Posted by ForeverN00b View Post (Source)
    This describes my FAS perfectly. Hulltank with 4 PAs. I need to reroll a few of the HRPs but the basic concept is targeting denial.
    Anyone run the FGS in PVP? Seven fixed G5 multis. FA permanently off for maneuverability. Fighter bay. Strafe tactics.

Originally Posted by XanderVekk View Post (Source)
    Anyone run the FGS in PVP? Seven fixed G5 multis. FA permanently off for maneuverability. Fighter bay. Strafe tactics.
    Some do, but it's not really viable. Too slow and easy to module snipe, so they go down pretty quick. Only really works in wing fights if your wingmates are conscious and make sure to stay close to you.

Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post (Source)
    It's the most maneuverable PvP-viable ship in the game.
    It cant strafe its way out of a paper bag.

Strong on axis rotation does not make up for this.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast