Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there was one small QOL thing they could put in for 2.4, what would it be?

One small QoL thing they could put in for 2.4?

*lists several bigger things that would never make it into 2.4*

I'm not sure anything I want is small enough to make it into 2.4, so I can't answer seriously. I can dream though, let's go with bookmark organization or custom route plotting.

Hi for me its

1. Categorise or groups book marks.
    2. Hold up to 1000 bookmarks
    3. Be able to book mark a planet co ordinate etc once the planet has been visited only.. or detail surface scanned. (Gives a reason to purchase a detailed surface scanner)
    4. List of all minor factions you are not natural with, with drill downs into systems they operate in.. with show in map option
    5. HUD led near cargo scoop to show if external lights are on
    6. Toggle button to dim or brighten internal lights
    7. Filter systems you are pledged too

That's it I think

In system super cruise route plotter that marks out the quickest route to travel from the stars entry point in the system, to the destination star port or other point of interest within the very same system.
    This would have an on screen bread crumb trail to follow to ensure you got to your destination as quick as possible and avoid getting slowed down by all those planets and asteroids, nevermind other suns in the system.

This would compliment the existing galactic route plotter that allows you to plot from system to system

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    A small box, with a massive hard drive full of huge Quality of life/core updates on it.

That was a cheep shot and you know it.

Danni Minogue as my co-pilot or better still Danni and Kylie Then id sail away to beagles point ( economical route )

Would love to see a

- filter for missions. I.e. Missions in current system, outstanding missions, type of mission, factions...
    - A nested list of messages under each mission in the missions tab;
    - Mission details in system/galaxy map to go with the icon;
    - some kind of rework for the synthesis system... not sure what exactly but its abit difficult to know how much of the stuff you'll need and where to find them perhaps a rework of the scanner system to filter planets by material;
    - A count on the targeting panel for the amount materials you have of the selected type;
    - allow me to filter the galaxy map of known materials (elements only);
    - Limpet recall;
    - Access to trade data after leaving the system (just information capture)
    - Also at the top of my list... allow me to browse through engineers blue prints while not sitting in their base. Its a good task to do while in long super cruise flights.

Sorrry was only meant to be a short one but there are loads of disconnects throughout the UI that require the constant opening and closing of windows, can get a bit frustrating in VR especially.

Thanks for reading

Keeping the information about the system to which we are heading available while in Witchspace.

Or an easier one that that. I just heard you can dismiss the Elite loading logo by pressing Esc. Could we dismiss it with a fire button as well?

The return of UI Focus headlook auto toggle.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Keeping the information about the system to which we are heading available while in Witchspace.
    Yes!

Map bookmarks as well as said above as well as saved ship loadouts.

- At the 'contacts' menu: a notification, how many of the floating materials are already owned (in brackets behind each material in the list).
    - Every material that is part of a locked blueprint: marked in blue.

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    - At the 'contacts' menu: a notification, how many of the floating materials are already owned (in brackets behind each material in the list).
    - Every material that is part of a locked blueprint: marked in blue.
    List of known blueprints with each material (in details of each material, not just what synthesis can be made from each, under Inventory | Materials)

Actually something I mentioned to Mr Brookes last year, and to Zac this year.

An engineer to mod out the cargo scoop for an additional small hardpoint, even if only on small/medium ships

Sidey with 3 weapons

Two renames stand out for me;

- "galactic powers" label on the <ship> <left panel> change to "galnet" .. vice versa in starport (or a button for each on station boards). eg. powerplay information, as provided to you by your friendly neighbourhood galnet service.

- "slow down" message, direct replacement "overspeed" (one word) - to describe the state of the engines in overspeed condition.

Originally Posted by Y2K View Post (Source)
    Danni Minogue as my co-pilot or better still Danni and Kylie Then id sail away to beagles point ( economical route )
    Hmmmm, I like the sound of that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast