Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS4 4k Support?

I have to point out. 4K.who cares? 1080p 60fps is more competitive.
    Flying with the grace of a unicorn...
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: [REDACTED]
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | Saitek X52 | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    People with 4k screens care

4K would be aces even 2k checkerboard. I've no doubt there will be a pro enhanced version of elite and frankly look forward to it ��

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    People with 4k screens care
    It won't be at a high framerate though.
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | Saitek X52 | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

It won't be at a high framerate though.
    Some people's priorities are different than yours.

Originally Posted by damon8r351 View Post (Source)
    Some people's priorities are different than yours.
    Indeed. But high frame rate > 4K in PvP.

I don't play PvP.

I no expert but from what I've researched is. If one is going to use a ps4 pro it's best if they also have a 4k screen. It will work on a conventional but then it worse than a ps4 in general.

I'm will buy a ps4 pro as soon as the tv repair man has an unwanted 4k tv he wants to get rid of. The tv doesn't have to work but the screen has to. Just a matter of time. I'm not going to invest big bucks in both a new console and a new 4k tv.
    https://inara.cz/data/sigs/78/78744.png

Fill that which is empty; Empty that which is full; Scratch where it itches!

A poor pilot or an outmatched ship in 60fps mode will not win just because their opponent is in high quality mode. Even if the ships/pilots were evenly matched, i doubt it would make much difference at all to the outcome, given how elite's space battles are not what you could exactly call 'twitch' gaming.

And, 4k 30fps pvp will look better than 1080p 60fps pvp on my telly
    Zulu Uniform Bravo Dangerous ELITE ​ELITE
    xbox/psn: zubnut

A poor pilot or an outmatched ship in 60fps mode will not win just because their opponent is in high quality mode. Even if the ships/pilots were evenly matched, i doubt it would make much difference at all to the outcome, given how elite's space battles are not what you could exactly call 'twitch' gaming.

No, but on two equally able pilots and ships...

Higher framerates will always give you an advantage no matter what you're playing. Why do you think Destiny 2 is locked to 30fps on the Pro and X? To keep the PvP field balanced and even.

Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Higher framerates will always give you an advantage no matter what you're playing. Why do you think Destiny 2 is locked to 30fps on the Pro and X? To keep the PvP field balanced and even.
    Destiny 2 is locked at 30 FPS on console primarily because from the ground up the program was designed and optimised to run on the base models,so std ps4 and Xbox one.
    If Bungie could push the lock up further they would but the base tech cannot handle it.
    The enhanced versions are really just tweaks to the base code.
    If the game was designed around the Pro and XoneX you would see different results in FPS.
    He looks French. I think I'll call him Steve French
    What if it's a ​SAMSQUANCH !!

Originally Posted by heliman001 View Post (Source)
    Destiny 2 is locked at 30 FPS on console primarily because from the ground up the program was designed and optimised to run on the base models,so std ps4 and Xbox one.
    If Bungie could push the lock up further they would but the base tech cannot handle it.
    The enhanced versions are really just tweaks to the base code.
    If the game was designed around the Pro and XoneX you would see different results in FPS.
    Not true at all. PC Destiny 2 has uncapped FPS and it's just a port of the console version. Bungie literally stated the Pro and X can do 60fps but they capped it at 30fps for balance purposes.

No, but on two equally able pilots and ships...
    Not on elite i think, maybe, just maybe, cod and snap lock aiming. Elite is just not comparable in the way you think it is.

Also, everyone has different types of display and latency there, and online speeds would also be slightly different compared to how close to the cabinet etc.

In my opinion, it just would not make any noticeable difference on elite.

Me, and a few others who want 4k. I guess its all about who wants what, for you FPS is king, for me not so much, having a choice on PS4 Pro with Performance, Quality and 4k would be a good choice to have.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    I no expert but from what I've researched is. If one is going to use a ps4 pro it's best if they also have a 4k screen. It will work on a conventional but then it worse than a ps4 in general.
    You need to do better research I am afraid, when I first got my PS4 Pro I only had a 1080p screen and read all the naysayers saying its "pointless". Then I played HZD at 1080p on the Pro and was wow, this is way better than my standard PS4 (downsampled from 4k and with much more particle effects at 1080p). So no a PS4 Pro will not be worse on a 1080p screen than a stock console.

Elite while not 4k is much better on a PS4 Pro than a stock PS4. If you don't believe me just watch the DF analysis.

There was teething troubles at the initial release of the PS4 Pro, its got Boost mode now for older games and most new games are enhanced on PS4 Pro.
    Join us on the Elite PS4 community discord server for Elite Dangerous - ElitePS https://discord.gg/uwzGfT2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123