Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: No sound coming out

  1. #1

    No sound coming out

    I've been trying for hours trying to fix this issue, but I have no idea what the problem is everything was working fine until I started the game up where no sound came out, I did some research and found that people were updating DirectX which I have no idea how to do that since I'm still new to the pc world. I'm also using my Xbox headset, the Astros A40s which are working fine since I could hear everything else but Elite dangerous. Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Your headset may be setup as a default communications device.

    Set it to be the default audio device and try again.


  3. #3
    I tried that, didn't work

  4. #4
    What kind of arcane cableage does this headset require?

  5. #5
    its just connected to the xbox controller but like I said ive been using this headset for elite on pc until recently no sound was coming out, and its only elite that doesn't have sound coming out

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by XShinychickenX View Post (Source)
    I tried that, didn't work
    that is so windows 10 64 bit lol i guess

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by BirdWisdom View Post (Source)
    that is so windows 10 64 bit lol i guess
    I think it is, I just booted elite using 32 bit and the audio was there, I went back to 64 and it disappeared, any fix on this?

  8. #8
    If you check your USB event tables between the two invocations of ED32 and ED64 I'm sure you'll be able to work it out

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by XShinychickenX View Post (Source)
    I think it is, I just booted elite using 32 bit and the audio was there, I went back to 64 and it disappeared, any fix on this?
    in the old days in 32 bit the sound did work on 5.1

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by BirdWisdom View Post (Source)
    in the old days in 32 bit the sound did work on 5.1
    And the last Windows who did have the real 5.1 was windows xp professional 32 bit, isnt that kinda wieard on my brain or yours ?

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    Your headset may be setup as a default communications device.

    Set it to be the default audio device and try again.

    https://s26.postimg.org/zaz2qwo3d/headset.png

    just do it out and in it work sudenly

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by BirdWisdom View Post (Source)
    just do it out and in it work sudenly
    If that "works" - then that points to a higher problem with either the USB or audio stacks or something in the driver cascade.

    I don't have the same equipment to test, so I'm out of suggestions here.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    If that "works" - then that points to a higher problem with either the USB or audio stacks or something in the driver cascade.

    I don't have the same equipment to test, so I'm out of suggestions here.
    have you tried another one usb port

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by BirdWisdom View Post (Source)
    have you tried another one usb port
    I'm using a wireless usb adapter, like I said other game sounds work but not elite

  15. This is the last staff post in this thread. #15
    Hello XShinychickenX, you may have checked this already, but if not please have a look at Windows Volume Mixer when the game is running and make sure it's not muted (you can access this by right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar). Please also check the DTS Headphone:X setting in-game (Options > Audio), just to rule this out as the root cause of the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast