Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poland demanding 840 Billion possibly 1000 Billion Reparations from Germany ?

Here would be a good behavior of Germany for the European countries --- Germany must give much more to Europe

Originally Posted by FuzzySpider View Post (Source)
    My ancestors came from Mercia, which has been annexed by Londinium.

I want compensation!
    It is legitimate

...which by a remarkable coincidence is the EU asking price of Brexit

Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory View Post (Source)
    ...which by a remarkable coincidence is the EU asking price of Brexit
    60-100billion
    850 billion

Rounding error?

Originally Posted by Boomer Kay View Post (Source)
    You can have a slightly used Volkswagen Cheater 2.0TDI
    Is that the one with zero emissions?

Originally Posted by Boomer Kay View Post (Source)
    60-100billion
    850 billion

Rounding error?
    Comedy failure

I'm all for paying reparations to Poland.

But if we start declaring international agreements void unilaterally, we should demand the abandoning of the Oder-Neiße line and restoration of the 'old' borders.
    http://inara.cz/data/sigs/16/16159.png

In all cases, Alsace and Lorraine must remain in France

I'm obviously not serious.

The French aren't the ones trying to declare those treaties void unilaterally, are they?
    http://inara.cz/data/sigs/16/16159.png

The "en vogue" political movement is nationalism, which carries a lot of baggage.

This in turn is encouraged by the terrible conditions present in many parts of the world and people trying to flee from those countries. The "you're not like us, we don't want you here" response from the populations of the countries that these refugees are trying to reach has an effect.

Should nationalism continue to grow, Europe will feel the brunt of the results due to geography. Answers to problems will be fragmented due to competing ideologies, governments and other factors. The EU "unity" will be harder to maintain, the haves won't want to support the have nots, the different government forms may not readily reach consensus to action when required.

US has Trump, and he has uncovered the populist/national sentiment here, but US also has two great oceans as barriers plus the strongest blue water navy in the world. Trump may not get his wall, but border security will and should increase (of note, I'm not a Trump supporter, but will back him here). Also, Mexico may have its issues but I could think of many worst neighbors, Canada is a sterling neighbor, steady and stable. Insulation.

Read history to see where strong nationalism has gotten us. We live in interesting times.

Originally Posted by Becks View Post (Source)
    I'm obviously not serious.

The French aren't the ones trying to declare those treaties void unilaterally, are they?
    Germans and French are the best enemies of the world

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123