Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOTAS KickStarter - We Desperately Need One

Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    So you do have a problem with the USB disconnects? I'd asked several people that say they use the CH throttle and nobody else has reported a problem.
    My issue is the stick/throttle no-longer being recognised after waking the PC from sleep - they have to be unplugged then reconnected. Not sure if that is the same issue as yours or not, but from memory the cure was meant to be a powered USB hub.
    i actually didnt expect to die, so i spend all money to upgrade and cargo. NOT MY FAULT

So you do have a problem with the USB disconnects? I'd asked several people that say they use the CH throttle and nobody else has reported a problem. I guess my problems actually started when I upgraded to Win 10, come to think of it. But I don't want to go back to Win 7 as I think there are, or will soon be, performance issues with VR that will require Win 10.

Originally Posted by taotoo View Post (Source)
    My issue is the stick/throttle no-longer being recognised after waking the PC from sleep - they have to be unplugged then reconnected. Not sure if that is the same issue as yours or not, but from memory the cure was meant to be a powered USB hub.
    Have you checked that is isn't the known issue with Win10 power management of USB devices causing the disconnects?

Have a look here if you want to check:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-...ff-usb-device/

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-p...ng-usb-devices

Good luck

Originally Posted by Rock Hermit View Post (Source)
    I bought the Warthog two years ago - just for ED its fantastic.
    I was told the Warthog has no Z axis? Is that true? I'd be shocked if it was true given the huge price tag?

"Profits are everything."
    CMDR Turson

Originally Posted by CMDR Turson View Post (Source)
    I was told the Warthog has no Z axis? Is that true? I'd be shocked if it was true given the huge price tag?
    Correct - you don't need it. People use pedals or in my case mapping a yaw-to-roll button.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    Have you checked that is isn't the known issue with Win10 power management of USB devices causing the disconnects?

Have a look here if you want to check:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-...ff-usb-device/

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-p...ng-usb-devices

Good luck
    Thanks but I went through all that already and no improvement - I just avoid using sleep.
    i actually didnt expect to die, so i spend all money to upgrade and cargo. NOT MY FAULT

Just sayin. I'd back it.
    I'd love to do it if I knew how.

I would like CH to build an HOTAS like the Saitek X56 but with the brick-like quality of a CH HOTAS.

I love the X56. I think it has everything a spacesim HOTAS needs. It really is an awesome tool.
    It just needs a better build quality.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    Correct - you don't need it. People use pedals or in my case mapping a yaw-to-roll button.
    A joystick with Z-axis is so much more convenient.

Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

Originally Posted by CMDR Turson View Post (Source)
    Z axis on the JS is an abomination, so no it's not there, use pedals.

Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

@Shadowdancer. My mini stick is way worse than 5%, but maybe I can fix that. It's not too bad if I let is snap back, but if I ease it back it is horrible.
    The 5% stated in the datasheet are relative to the component's full mechanical range; you have less range as it is mounted on the throttle, so the reset error relative to that is greater. I usually have it set at a 10% deadzone on both axes in CH Control Manager which makes it work very well with some care to not have it at the "slop limit" when going through calibration.

You may be able to get more range by replacing the hat with some small blob that doesn't contact the case.

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    Z axis on the JS is an abomination, so no it's not there, use pedals.
    I so agree to that, especially after the horrible design with absolutely no positive grip that Saitek push out. I remember the SWFF2 to be way better in that regard, but pedals are so much of a relief once you get used to them.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12