Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Screaming internally

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by mephisto9466 View Post (Source)
    *screams internally*
    Just use the neutron highway to take neutron express out. Ship transport is designed to be obsolete at launch. Module transport is more useful, but just as intolerably bad. I still trigger transfers on log out. It can be as immersive as it wants, without wasting my time in a game that already wastes an inordinate amount of time.

    Originally Posted by metascrawl View Post (Source)
    Well, this too. I hear you can get a jump range of 30LY or more on a Cutter engineered and outfitted for exploration, which should be okay for such a trip. And once you get it there you can use module transfer to convert it back to the build you had in the bubble. I imagine that in itself is not cheap, but a lot less than 1.4 billion.
    It's not that much less expensive. The key take away here, is transport isn't designed to work. Because folks never wanted it to work. So Frontier made sure it mostly doesn't work. This is going to be the general concensus, up until thargoids appear (300+LY away) and then suddenly why doesn't it work over range? mm. Oh well.
    cmdr kofeyh | http://twitch.tv/kofeyh | "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." – Citizen G'Kar

  2. #17
    One of the reasons for the cost, is the desire to keep I-Win! ships down to a controllable level. That's also why we haven't seen an engineer in Colonia.

    When you move to Colonia, take your best ship, probably an all-rounder. Think of it as a one-way trip, and you will be much happier.

    NB: Strip the best modules off your ships left behind. If possible, strip everything off. That way, you can still get them. It also makes the other ships cheaper to transport, or reduces your losses on sale.
    "Are you people working under the assumption that playing Elite is meant to be fun?"

    "The elite dictionary does not have the word sympathy in it but has about 500 definitions of stupidity​"

    "
    The contempt with which the game treats it's players is not accidental. It's by design. The game hates you, that's just the way it is."

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Ralph Vargr View Post (Source)
    One of the reasons for the cost, is the desire to keep I-Win! ships down to a controllable level. That's also why we haven't seen an engineer in Colonia.

    When you move to Colonia, take your best ship, probably an all-rounder. Think of it as a one-way trip, and you will be much happier.

    NB: Strip the best modules off your ships left behind. If possible, strip everything off. That way, you can still get them. It also makes the other ships cheaper to transport, or reduces your losses on sale.
    the only reason i didnt want to bring the cutter to colonia is because i could get 61ly off of my anaconda

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by TheNut View Post (Source)
    Know what's crazy? For some players, that's pocket change
    And some of these earned it by hauling sh...biowaste.
    Griefing harmless NPC Sidewinders since 3301.

  5. #20
    Just haul it over the Neutron Highway.

    Trust me, it works and effectively saves you 1.1B Credits...

    ( Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt )

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    Just haul it over the Neutron Highway.

    Trust me, it works and effectively saves you 1.1B Credits...
    http://www.falconfly.de/temp/ELITE-NeutronHighway-3.jpg
    ( Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt )
    why do that in the cutter when i can do that in the anaconda and do it in less time?

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by mephisto9466 View Post (Source)
    why do that in the cutter when i can do that in the anaconda and do it in less time?
    Because you seem to want your Cutter in Colonia? Ok, don't, just spend the 1.4 billion.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45898&dateline=1412260065

  8. #23
    imho the ship transfer costs were set at a time when you could earn much more and thus require rebalancing especially if mission stacking is going to be smacked by the 2.4 nerf hammer

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    Fly the Cutter out there manually and have cheaper ships shuttled as necessary.
    Right On CMDR. This is what I did recently. Flew my Vette to Colonia (~1400jumps), then pay to transport other ships/modules over.

  10. #25
    Now you're regretting flying out there in the sidewinder - aren't you

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by Sergio Smegolia View Post (Source)
    Because you seem to want your Cutter in Colonia? Ok, don't, just spend the 1.4 billion.
    never wanted the cutter in colonia. I decided to see how much it would cost if i were to try and i started screaming internally at how much it actually costs.

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by mephisto9466 View Post (Source)
    never wanted the cutter in colonia. I decided to see how much it would cost if i were to try and i started screaming internally at how much it actually costs.
    You've got to let the scream out, otherwise it will all build up and you'll explode. Or ragequit with a goodbye thread or whatever...
    Griefing harmless NPC Sidewinders since 3301.

  13. #28
    OP names his Cutter "Neutron Express" then doesn't use it on the Neutron Highway to easy-mode it to Colonia... Kappa.

    But seriously you'd have probably had more fun bringing it out there manually, plus all the systems you could tag and screenshot getting there...

  14. #29
    It seems a bit odd that as an experienced pilot I get offered 45 million for a passenger mission to take a scientist to Colonia (and back!) but the pilot taking that Cutter gets paid such an extortionate amount. The balancing on ship transfer is all out and excludes players who don't rake in the cash from using it.

  15. #30
    I'm more amazed that it only takes the Galaxy Logistics guys 60 hours to get that ship out there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast