Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screaming internally

Immersion accomplished.

No, you never cried to them, just to your soul.....

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    The key take away here, is transport isn't designed to work. Because folks never wanted it to work. So Frontier made sure it mostly doesn't work. This is going to be the general concensus, up until thargoids appear (300+LY away) and then suddenly why doesn't it work over range? mm. Oh well.
    How can it not work? When I transfer a ship, it arrives at the station I transfer it to. What's not working?

Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    How can it not work? When I transfer a ship, it arrives at the station I transfer it to. What's not working?
    Ah, so it's not just me then.

try price line i bet it will be 50% off

Originally Posted by BIGPUNGED2000 View Post (Source)
    try price line i bet it will be 50% off
    But I already offered the OP 50% off!

OP - 55% off. Final offer.

Originally Posted by mephisto9466 View Post (Source)
    Doo eeeet!

And for perfect immersion, stay at your computer while it transfers.

Wow, that is a lot of credits (well, for me at least). I can't even buy a stock cutter (lack of credits and rank) if I wanted to. Probably going to be in the colonia area in the next couple of weeks, but in my Asp X which is rigged for exploration.

Strip down the cutter as much as you can, fly manually, and ship the modules over, should cost less.

I went to Colonia in my annie. It had a range of 19Ly/jump. Then I went and got it destroyed (not paying attention) and instead of the rebuy putting me in the last station docked it dumped me back in the bubble. Couldn't be bothered with a ticket, so I flew back out again. Before I left I built a semi-long range DBX (does about 55Ly/jump) and had that shipped out when I got to Jaques. Then I decided I needed some engineered modules for the annie and flew back in the DBX, idea being to grab another annie, engineer it, strip it, store the modules and then transfer them out to Jaques when I got back. Somewhere along the line I gave up on that idea (I forget why) so now I'm on my way back to Colonia again to get the annie and fly it back to the bubble. Whew. What I'm learning though, is that the neutron highway approach (which I'm using now for the first time on route to Colonia) is WAY slower than a straight buckyball run. Still, there's moneh in those neutrons.
    Eventually, I might get around to doing something else. Instead of wearing a groove in the space-time between the Bubble and Colonia.

Bottom line is, if you want ship x in Colonia, fly ship x to Colonia. It's the simplest, cheapest way.

Originally Posted by mephisto9466 View Post (Source)
    why do that in the cutter when i can do that in the anaconda and do it in less time?
    Because the Grade 5-modded Cutter needed to go there, not an Anaconda

Originally Posted by Silent Pact View Post (Source)
    What I'm learning though, is that the neutron highway approach (which I'm using now for the first time on route to Colonia) is WAY slower than a straight buckyball run. Still, there's moneh in those neutrons.
    That should change in 2.4 when the route plotter can plot through those fields (and also go for 20000 LYs). Then you can Buckyball through the neutron fields.

Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    That should change in 2.4 when the route plotter can plot through those fields (and also go for 20000 LYs). Then you can Buckyball through the neutron fields.
    Now see, that sounds great. No, it really does. And then I come over all "in my day we had to plot manually, bloody kids today, blah, blah...."

Originally Posted by Silent Pact View Post (Source)
    And then I come over all "in my day we had to plot manually, bloody kids today, blah, blah...."
    My first six months (maybe year) of E: D was spent out in the black. Pilots these days have never had it so good. Route plotting in the core when E: D came out? Could set your destination, then go and make supper. If you were lucky, you'd have a route plotted by the time you came back.

I'm hoping these 3 weeks of CGs to establish more route-to-colonia-stations might signal Fdev deciding to ease up on these prohibitive costs on what they *very clearly labelled* a "Quality of Life" feature....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123