Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC Pilots going missing

NPC Pilots going missing

I have been starting to dabble in my Conda with having an NPC Copilot to run my fighters. I have had a policy of hiring Harmless NPCs to train them up. I have had an issue with my NPCs disappearing. Sometimes when I deactivate them and change to a ship they can't join me on (For going to other systems on my longer range or trading style vessels as an example), they show up as activatable in the crew lounge until I switch back to my fighter equipped Conda and they have disappeared. I have also logged back in after a couple of days away from the game only to have the NPC I had been training disappear. Does anyone know if this is an issue outside of PS4? I'm hearing stories from my favorite streamers talking about keeping their crewman for months (they play on PC) and am jealous.

ED CSW ROCKS!

You don't need to deactivate them manually though if just changing to a solo ship. They just get left in the crew lounge (still earning money off you too).

When you jump back in a crewable ship, you just need to remember to assign them again from the crew lounge. They should show up in one of the three slots you have for npc crew.

If you are not accidentally firing them when manually deactivating them (!) then it may be a bug, and would suggest filing a bug report.

Never had an issue with crew like that on xbox, but not yet tried slf on ps4.

I have definitely lost crew. I'm not sure where they have gone. One that I had raised to Expert being lost was lame, but I was especially sad at losing one named Jarvis with a British accent.

ED CSW ROCKS!

Well, either there is alien abduction (but early though as 2.4 not dropped yet) or that is very bugged.

File a report and I'm sure FD can find your crew. They may even give you back a few credits for them being AWOL!

Maybe it's a good idea to close all doors and hatches before departing.

Not to hijack the thread too much but I noticed when I swapped out of my Anaconda and then subsequently died some weeks back(I was using a Sidewinder to do some material gathering and really forgot how fragile it really was :/) my non-active NPC crew died too, even though she was not active in the lounge, is that normal? I have subsequently re-trained another guy and he's still with me. Her voice was annoying anyway.......
    Join us on the Elite PS4 community discord server for Elite Dangerous - ElitePS https://discord.gg/uwzGfT2

Inso much as I don't carry weapons or get involved in combat. I'm toying with the idea of adding at least one crew member. I mean it's cold and loneyly out there in the black. And I kind of miss my wife's nagging. I realize one has to pay them somehow and or they get a share of bounties. But if I don't do any combat, how would a crew member get paid, and if not, do they just quit, or what. Yes, passenger's do a bit of nagging, but it's not the same.

As everyone knows, my ship is in the top 1% of all the passenger liner out there, and though there is suppose to be attendents, I've never seen or heard them. So, having a crew member, might work out.
    https://inara.cz/data/sigs/78/78744.png

Fill that which is empty; Empty that which is full; Scratch where it itches!

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    Inso much as I don't carry weapons or get involved in combat. I'm toying with the idea of adding at least one crew member. I mean it's cold and loneyly out there in the black. And I kind of miss my wife's nagging. I realize one has to pay them somehow and or they get a share of bounties. But if I don't do any combat, how would a crew member get paid, and if not, do they just quit, or what. Yes, passenger's do a bit of nagging, but it's not the same.

As everyone knows, my ship is in the top 1% of all the passenger liner out there, and though there is suppose to be attendents, I've never seen or heard them. So, having a crew member, might work out.
    They just take a fix % of all of your earnings, for low ranked crew its lower and for high ranked crew its higher, you can choose to "train" a low ranked crew member up (by using them in combat and contributing to kills) and they will be cheaper to pay at the high rank than if you hired the high rank crew member outright. (roughly by about half it seems by my very limited use of SLFs so far).
    Join us on the Elite PS4 community discord server for Elite Dangerous - ElitePS https://discord.gg/uwzGfT2

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    They just take a fix % of all of your earnings, for low ranked crew its lower and for high ranked crew its higher, you can choose to "train" a low ranked crew member up (by using them in combat and contributing to kills) and they will be cheaper to pay at the high rank than if you hired the high rank crew member outright. (roughly by about half it seems by my very limited use of SLFs so far).
    OK, but I don't get involved in combat. Do they or will they accept a percentage of my passenger rewards. Can they man the turrets if and when I'm interdicted, thus giving me more time to run. Or do they just hang around the pool table drinking my beer until I insist they go fight, in which case I need fighter craft on board. And that's not gonna happen.

OK, but I don't get involved in combat. Do they or will they accept a percentage of my passenger rewards. Can they man the turrets if and when I'm interdicted, thus giving me more time to run. Or do they just hang around the pool table drinking my beer until I insist they go fight, in which case I need fighter craft on board. And that's not gonna happen.
    They will keep drinking your beer I'm afraid. It would be great to see a "Crew" in your cockpit for larger/more complicated vessels. But even if you have them on board, unless you have them deployed they stay quiet and aren't ever on the bridge. That would be a great addition at least. They will take a % of ANY income, CG rewards, Mission payouts, Bounty Scalps, trade profits, they just like soaking up the $$.

ED CSW ROCKS!

===8<---
    So there's currently nobody to give your passengers the safety demonstration?

NPC's have probably wondered how you got your pilots license to begin with and gone off to join Jonny Depp being a real pirate

V2k.

Originally Posted by Bummer View Post (Source)
    So there's currently nobody to give your passengers the safety demonstration?
    That's true, so they don't know how to fire up the escape pods and are stuck for the duration of their trip.

Sometimes safety is over rated.

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    ... when I swapped out of my Anaconda and then subsequently died some weeks back(I was using a Sidewinder to do some material gathering and really forgot how fragile it really was :/) my non-active NPC crew died too, even though she was not active in the lounge, is that normal?
    No it's a bug.

What happens is NPC Crew should only be "active" in a capable ship, and if you select them. Swap to a single seater ship for example (or any ship without a SLF) and they should automatically go inactive.
    However they remain seated in your ship "active" even though it should be impossible.

Then if you die, your crew member dies too.

Even if you specifically remove them one session, by swapping to a conda and removing them, them swapping back to your Cobra, next session they may hope into your co-pilot's seat again...

I'll make a bug, as although I think it's been reported, I've not seen anyone upload a video.
    EDIT: made a bug report, add to it here, if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast