Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question of the week: Like tears in the rain?

Question Question of the week: Like tears in the rain?

Welcome CMDR’s,

I know, I said no more threads but this is one I felt just had to be posted plus the forums need a bit of controversy.

I’d like to discuss how do you feel Frontier should approach the updates that have been penned in for post 2.4 for improving core features.
    Do you think an approach such as that used for the DDF would be a good idea or do you think there is a better way?

I feel this is important for them to get right and discuss with us before committing to systems which in the reality of playing the game just don’t cut the mustard. As we all know these forums are a breeding ground for ideas by the CMDR’s but many times we are left feeling like our ideas are no more than tears in the rain.

Lets talk about how to change this, who knows maybe we can show them a new way of doing things, perhaps your idea will be the ice on a desert plane which makes a difference!

Bonus points for the first to spot the correct song reference.

As always play nice with each other or one of the mods might get upset...

eminem, without me?

bhuddism say (or so i've heard) that you should not expect, because if you expect you most probably will be disappointed.

without expectation every changelog is a pure text of joy

but absolutely yes to the ddf approach, but i think many of the originals got scared away. Difficult to define the new team, it will be.

Originally Posted by Bran Tse Mallory View Post (Source)
    I’d like to discuss how do you feel Frontier should approach the updates that have been penned in for post 2.4 for improving core features.
    I'd like them to focus on one aspect at a time. Commit totally to improving Exploration (say), then commit to improving trading, then...etc

Obviously it won't be as simple as that - improving one area will necessitate improving related areas, probably - but you get my drift. None of this scattershot approach that seems to have been the bane of 2.x

...like tears, in rain.

Ironically, given your choice of title, you're too late for 2.4, that's already been burned to a disc (figuratively speaking).

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    Ironically, given your choice of title, you're too late for 2.4, that's already been burned to a disc (figuratively speaking).
    The reason 2.4 is taking so long is they still record the release onto tape .. in real time

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    The reason 2.4 is taking so long is they still record the release onto tape .. in real time
    Plus the tape deck they're using needs its heads realigning.

(Christ, I use to do that, back in the computer shop I worked in as a Saturday job oh so very many years ago)

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Oh gawd who let you loose again???

Hopefully there will be some info at the Expo next month on FDs plans for the future.

As mentioned above though I'd like to see areas being worked on in turn i.e. Exploration being the major point of focus with discussions with the community on how and what needs improving and what needs adding. then moving onto another area i.e Mining.

The potential is there for Frontier lead discussions on the future of the game with the community to keep creating great content long into the future.

Joe Satriani - Tears in the Rain?

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    I feel sorry for the guy who had to learn fluent hexadecimal!!

Originally Posted by steevaavoo View Post (Source)
    Joe Satriani - Tears in the Rain?
    Surfing with the Alien seems more appropriate given current events in game, but yeh, I get that you noticed the misquote too!

I feel sorry for the guy who had to learn fluent hexadecimal!!
    *raises hand*

Ok, not fluent per se, but I do spend more time than I'd like in a hex editor as part of my job.

And I thought this would be about Blade Runner

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    *raises hand*

Ok, not fluent per se, but I do spend more time than I'd like in a hex editor as part of my job.
    You still running Win 3.1 on Novell or something?? lollllololollollol, sorry to laugh at your pain, that's mean, I know.

Yeah I had the Blade Runner reference not the song...

You still running Win 3.1 on Novell or something?? lollllololollollol, sorry to laugh at your pain, that's mean, I know.
    I used to admin a Novell 3.11 server you heartless monster!

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    I used to admin a Novell 3.11 server you heartless monster!
    Ssssh, don't tell anyone, but I know a UK national company still using a tokenring novell 3 server on NETBuie because they are too cheap to have their bespoke software that drives their business updated to run on electric instead of steam.

But that's nothing, now I'm in Greece, I've seen it all. I went to do an IT systems audit of a midrange DB2 server at a major bank a few years ago, and the man whose job it was for the last 7 years to administrate the system, did not know the logon password for his or the root account. Turns out, nobody had logged in in 9 years and all the builtin accounts still had their default passwords. It was the first time I didn't even try to hide my disgust, I just gave him a head shake and walked out. NO RELIANCE! <stamp>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast