Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: GPU problems!!! GTX1080OC

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by DerDzvero View Post (Source)
    Commander, is that a new PC of you or old one, which suddenly started making problems?

    I'm not an expert, but i see the same voltage on my MB for DDR4-3000 - 1.5V. The memory tech doc though says 1.35V so I'm not sure if Asus MB overclocks it or it's supposed to work that way.. nevertheless, if cold boot of Motherboard (psu disconnect) helps, that points to MB or RAM issue. Asus writes in bios data for next boot sequence and this disappears if you cold start the PC. So the data is wrong somehow in your case in my opinion..

    What does your bios say about ram?
    Hi there,

    It's an old PC, I guess it's around 4 years old, I only change the GPU. As I know nothing about RAM and XMP I'm now reading what I can about it, my RAM do not support XMP, but as I understand it, XMP is "only" a table informing the system of what kind of RAM it is? So I need to check the setting for my RAM and see it it's the same in the BIOS.

    Thanks for all the support it really did help me in finding the root cause.

    Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

  2. #17
    I have an ASUS ROG 1070GTX OC and got a similar problem, but only very randomly and one (hard) reboot is usually enough. I may have traced it down to the GPU, but can't reliably reproduce. My system (new one, 6 months old) runs perfectly otherwise. In my case, BIOS boots up and the Asus logo appears, but then Windows boots into the black. This might be a known problem with Windows 10 & monitor detection & display driver timeouts - or not. And in my case, it could also be related to the Oculus which is always connected.

    Did you check the Windows event logs yet? They should give you detailed information about how far Windows gets in its boot process and where the error might occur.

    O7,


    CMDR The Lawful | Elite Noob.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    In my case, BIOS boots up and the Asus logo appears, but then Windows boots into the black. This might be a known problem with Windows 10 & monitor detection & display driver timeouts - or not. And in my case, it could also be related to the Oculus which is always connected.
    I'm just in the middle of reading reviews of DisplayPort cables on amazon and some people had the same symptoms as you and found that a new cable fixed the problem. I'm not saying this will fix your problem, it could be one of several things but just thought I'd share.

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    I have an ASUS ROG 1070GTX OC and got a similar problem, but only very randomly and one (hard) reboot is usually enough. I may have traced it down to the GPU, but can't reliably reproduce. My system (new one, 6 months old) runs perfectly otherwise. In my case, BIOS boots up and the Asus logo appears, but then Windows boots into the black. This might be a known problem with Windows 10 & monitor detection & display driver timeouts - or not. And in my case, it could also be related to the Oculus which is always connected.

    Did you check the Windows event logs yet? They should give you detailed information about how far Windows gets in its boot process and where the error might occur.

    O7,
    naaaa didn't check that, maybe if I knew where to find them

    EDIT: I must have fumbled so much around with it, that it got tired of me, works fine now

    Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    naaaa didn't check that, maybe if I knew where to find them

    EDIT: I must have fumbled so much around with it, that it got tired of me, works fine now
    Congrats! Regarding the Windows event logs: you can find them in the Event Viewer. Easiest way to access that is right-clicking the Start button, 4th item from the top (Windows 10).

    O7,


    CMDR The Lawful | Elite Noob.

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    Congrats! Regarding the Windows event logs: you can find them in the Event Viewer. Easiest way to access that is right-clicking the Start button, 4th item from the top (Windows 10).

    O7,
    Found it but don't know what to look for?

    Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    Found it but don't know what to look for?
    Any errors during boot, but that's only in case that your system actually boots with black screen! If it doesn't boot at all (e.g. stuck at HW initialization) you won't see anything there.

    Mine doesn't boot, when issue occurs. I have a led keyboard that flashes like rainbow before driver is loaded and then changes to fixed colour. When I see the issue keyboard remains forever in rainbow mode..

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by DerDzvero View Post (Source)
    Any errors during boot, but that's only in case that your system actually boots with black screen! If it doesn't boot at all (e.g. stuck at HW initialization) you won't see anything there.

    Mine doesn't boot, when issue occurs. I have a led keyboard that flashes like rainbow before driver is loaded and then changes to fixed colour. When I see the issue keyboard remains forever in rainbow mode..
    Ok, I've now been running stable for a few days, I don't know what I did, because all I did was fumbling around, at some point I got a 60 error on the MOBO, but after that nothing has been out of the normal.

    Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12