Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Livestream - Thargoid Lore Run Through 14/09 7PM BST

The lifetime pass was for all expansions to the game, whatever they are named now or in the future.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Have to wonder where people get their thoughts from. The Lifetime Expansion never mentioned seasons and you got them anyway. What do seasons have to do with anything?
    I think the problem stems from the fact that when they reintroduced the lifetime expansion pass just before the launch of Horizons the description of it was talking about being valid for all seasons i.s.o of the text from the Kickstarter page which stated "all future expansions".

From the FAQ:

"The Lifetime Expansion Pass (LEP) is the virtual pass that grants players access to all future seasons of Elite Dangerous content released over the coming years, along with any Beta server test phases."

This seems to have made some commanders panic when FDEV was talking about stepping away from the season model for future updates. As a Kickstarter backer with the original lifetime expansion pass I would be royally peeved if they'd take this promise away, but not nearly as much as my friend who bought the lifetime expansion pass for 195 dollars (or rather the Euro equivalent of it, but I can't find any references to the Euro pricing). Since that was roughly 4x the price of the game they better not renege on their promise of free expansions for the lifetime of the game!

Originally Posted by Crazy Joe View Post (Source)
    I think the problem stems from the fact that when they reintroduced the lifetime expansion pass just before the launch of Horizons the description of it was talking about being valid for all seasons i.s.o of the text from the Kickstarter page which stated "all future expansions".

From the FAQ:

"The Lifetime Expansion Pass (LEP) is the virtual pass that grants players access to all future seasons of Elite Dangerous content released over the coming years, along with any Beta server test phases."

This seems to have made some commanders panic when FDEV was talking about stepping away from the season model for future updates. As a Kickstarter backer with the original lifetime expansion pass I would be royally peeved if they'd take this promise away, but not nearly as much as my friend who bought the lifetime expansion pass for 195 dollars (or rather the Euro equivalent of it, but I can't find any references to the Euro pricing). Since that was roughly 4x the price of the game they better not renege on their promise of free expansions for the lifetime of the game!
    Absolutely. I do think, though, that some word from FD would be useful.

Yes, they should also confirm that Elite is a game involving space ships, and that it will be set in the future. They haven't confirmed that for a while, and we should check - just to be sure

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Tomorrow night on the stream I'll be joined by Sandro Sammarco at 7PM BST to run through the official Thargoid Lore and have a good ol' chat about Elite Dangerous.

Hopefully we'll be able to sneak in a couple of questions to Sandy from the live chat, too!

See you tomorrow at 7PM BST - https://www.youtube.com/elitedangerous/live

I'll be interested to hear/see the new official pre-3300 timeline and lore. Galcop? INRA? The lore has been modified since Elite in 1984 and in a manner that makes some of the official canon novels slightly awkward with respect to it.

Originally Posted by Steph View Post (Source)
    I'll be interested to hear/see the new official pre-3300 timeline and lore. Galcop? INRA? The lore has been modified since Elite in 1984 and in a manner that makes some of the official canon novels slightly awkward with respect to it.
    Both are still in the lore. Galcop collapsed financially though (as one of the books explained rather painfully, with galcop Viper patrol pilots having to bring their own lunch due to budget cuts ) and INRA is still in its usual shadowy/mythical state.

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Absolutely. I do think, though, that some word from FD would be useful.
    Word on when the Horizons content ends & the next set of paid content begins would be helpful indeed.

I hope there's some mention of the Lifetime Expansion Pass, and whether FD will still honour it now that they are not updating ED as seasons.
    There will still be paid for expansions which the LEP are for. The LEP doesn't even mention season, maybe all LEP owners should pay for season 2 as it is only for expansions?

Sorry being sarcastic. Of course FDev are going to honour the Lifetime Expansion Pass with future paid for expansions.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    There will still be paid for expansions which the LEP are for. The LEP doesn't even mention season, maybe all LEP owners should pay for season 2 as it is only for expansions?

Sorry being sarcastic. Of course FDev are going to honour the Lifetime Expansion Pass with future paid for expansions.
    It's all very well saying this (and no news is good news(?)), but how can we be certain? Shouldn't we be taking FD's word for it rather than relying on forum speculation? I have some optimism, but I am also bracing myself for a kick in the teeth if FD change their mind.

But as I said earlier, some info/reassurance would be most welcome.

It's all very well saying this (and no news is good news(?)), but how can we be certain? Shouldn't we be taking FD's word for it rather than relying on forum speculation? I have some optimism, but I am also bracing myself for a kick in the teeth if FD change their mind.

But as I said earlier, some info/reassurance would be most welcome.
    Because it would be unethical and would destroy any trust the gamers would have with FDev. It would me a marketing disaster, so the odds of that happening are pretty much zero.

I have a few questions.

1) I know that the reason for heat sink synthesis being only made by stuff attainable in the bubble is so that explorers are not self sufficient. Why is this an issue?

2) Wouldn't having the materials needed for explorers be available on planets be an extra reason to explore these planets, and also tie in to better exploration mechanics in the future, that is as long as the new jump mechanic doesn't get implemented.

3) Regarding the new jump mechanic, that when we jump to a close binary, it moves us some distance away from the stars as a safety measure. Surely this makes the need for heat sinks virtually redundant, therefore making explorers even more self sufficient then before, possible not needing heat sinks at all. The odds of us needing heat sinks are pretty much zero with this change, or was that a bug?

4) If heat sinks need electronic components to make, why do missiles only need a few bits of natural materials found on planets. Surely some consistancy would be a good thing in the game, either add them to the missiles or remove them from the heat sinks.

QUESTION: Will we be getting more than just reskinned conflict zones with thargoids in them plus more engineer grind?

QUESTION: Will Sandro be able to answer any questions without saying "I don't know"?

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    The lifetime pass was for all expansions to the game, whatever they are named now or in the future.
    Yes for the life

7pm i cant wait! Cup of tea ready and a SMOKE!
    Case:Corsair 900D - Fully Watercooled - CPU:4930k@5ghz on H20 - GPU:2xNvidia TitanXM@1590mhz on H20 -
    Motherboard:Rampage 4 Black - Ram:Mushkin Redline 2133 Monitor:Overlord Tempest 27"- 2560*1440 IPS - 120hz
    Controls:Microsoft Force Feedback 2 + CH Pro Throttle + Track IR 5
    Original Elite player/Kickstarter Alpha Backer from 1984/2012
    My X79 Fully Watercooled Build Log - CMDR V3teran UK

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast