Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How the hell do you fly your ship down to a planet surface to specific coordinates?

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    Glad I'm not the only one who needs to consult a dictionary to know what latitude and longitude is.
    Not consult I just don't know which one is the top and which one is the bottom one

Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post (Source)
    They really should add the ability to set a course to set co-ordinates, it is 3303 after all!
    too much depth game play for frontier bro... remember inch deep this is TOTALY UNECESSARY FOR PLAYING THE GAME MAH! Or so they say...

Originally Posted by UselessThing View Post (Source)
    I had totally given up on finding things on planets before someone introduced me to this! It's AWESOMES

By flying along one latitude OR longitude so that only one coordinate changes. Once matched go the other "axis".

You get a co-ordinate system FOR FREE.

Universal Meridian Lines.

On earth the zero Meridian goes through Greenwich.
    Do you know where it is on Mars? Venus? Enceladus?

You get a Zero Meridian FOR FREE.
    You get a functional longitude without needing to come to a consensus on where Zero is.

If you can't find your way around - go back to grade 8.

Frankly I think Frontier should implement Orbital Mechanics and even that go the full Delta V.
    But only for people who whinge about having to work out a compass heading from Lat and Long.

Thank you all for your responses, very much appreciated!

Originally Posted by FrogsFriend View Post (Source)
    The simplest way is to fix one at a time by flying on 0/90/180/270 degree headings. But it's quicker if you can visualise it....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5898530
    Yep. Do one coordinate, then go to the other. It's not too bad that way.

Wish there was an in game tool to manually select a coordinate as a target, then fly there like going to a base.

Good afternoon,
    As stated previously, regardless of what you are being told, not everyone finds this process easy. I certainly don't. You just have to give it a go a few times, honestly it does get easier.
    Regards
    Pug

I don't understand the problem here - the only bit than annoys me is that I have to go into OC before I can tell which way is North.

Once you see the lat/long numbers is it really so hard to figure out which way to head to make them change towards the co-ordinates you seek?

I thought the issue was retrieving the coordinates from the System Chart zoomed into the planet? (Where you should really be able to plant a waypoint).

for all the QOL push FD is pushing instead of new content - this should be the first darned thing they should fix. The current "Guess the direction" model is just PITA

100% agree. Insane that 1300 years into the future we can't plot our way to a specific set of coords.

Believe it or not, it used to be even worse. Back when people were meeting Bomba down on Wilson we only got the compass and Lat/Long in 'normal' flight

And Lat and Long were reversed !

Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    You get a co-ordinate system FOR FREE.

Universal Meridian Lines.

On earth the zero Meridian goes through Greenwich.
    Do you know where it is on Mars? Venus? Enceladus?

You get a Zero Meridian FOR FREE.
    Really? I bought my copy of Elite.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast