Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How the hell do you fly your ship down to a planet surface to specific coordinates?

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    Glad I'm not the only one who needs to consult a dictionary to know what latitude and longitude is.
    Not consult I just don't know which one is the top and which one is the bottom one

Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post (Source)
    They really should add the ability to set a course to set co-ordinates, it is 3303 after all!
    too much depth game play for frontier bro... remember inch deep this is TOTALY UNECESSARY FOR PLAYING THE GAME MAH! Or so they say...
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Originally Posted by UselessThing View Post (Source)
    I had totally given up on finding things on planets before someone introduced me to this! It's AWESOMES

By flying along one latitude OR longitude so that only one coordinate changes. Once matched go the other "axis".

All the cogs and wheels stay still if it is the People's will.

You get a co-ordinate system FOR FREE.

Universal Meridian Lines.

On earth the zero Meridian goes through Greenwich.
    Do you know where it is on Mars? Venus? Enceladus?

You get a Zero Meridian FOR FREE.
    You get a functional longitude without needing to come to a consensus on where Zero is.

If you can't find your way around - go back to grade 8.

Frankly I think Frontier should implement Orbital Mechanics and even that go the full Delta V.
    But only for people who whinge about having to work out a compass heading from Lat and Long.

Assistant Cultural Attaché for G 14-6
    Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps - Data Entry Clerk Second Class
    Alliance Office of Statistics - Kitchen Staff Supervisor

-[--->+<]>--.[--->+<]>--.---.[++>---<]>--.++[->+++<]>.+++++++++.+++.[-->+++++<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.---.--[--->+<]>-.[->++<]>+.[--->+<]>+..---.--------.+++++++++++++.-----------.++.--[--->+<]>.

Thank you all for your responses, very much appreciated!
    Case:Corsair 900D - Fully Watercooled - CPU:4930k@5ghz on H20 - GPU:2xNvidia TitanXM@1590mhz on H20 -
    Motherboard:Rampage 4 Black - Ram:Mushkin Redline 2133 Monitor:Overlord Tempest 27"- 2560*1440 IPS - 120hz
    Controls:Microsoft Force Feedback 2 + CH Pro Throttle + Track IR 5
    Original Elite player/Kickstarter Alpha Backer from 1984/2012
    My X79 Fully Watercooled Build Log - CMDR V3teran UK

Originally Posted by FrogsFriend View Post (Source)
    The simplest way is to fix one at a time by flying on 0/90/180/270 degree headings. But it's quicker if you can visualise it....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5898530
    Yep. Do one coordinate, then go to the other. It's not too bad that way.

Wish there was an in game tool to manually select a coordinate as a target, then fly there like going to a base.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123