Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Can we just turn CQC off now?

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    It was just meant for pure PvP but FD totally missed their audience.
    Who'd have guessed...?

CQC needs its lobby moved in-game, and it needs AI opponents. For me, CQC is fun in short bursts. But it's too often empty, so I return to it rarely.

We have a Discord channel that you can use to check whether there's a game going on. That can save you some unnecessary waiting time. Link in my signature.

Originally Posted by Blian View Post (Source)
    By this logic, please get rid of engineers, exploration , powerplay and trading, because I don't like them and they irritate me.

Dudes I've been playing every frcking evening for more than a year, so can't really see your points.
    Never understood the hate around cqc, I'm playing it sometimes and it's always lots of fun, and never had any problems finding a party, specially with the discord channel...

Cqc is the real pure pvp part of elite iMO.
    Some words I found in a cqc guide it sum it up better than I could with my poor english :

"All in all, CQC is a welcome breath of fresh air after being subjected to the shield meta and the way PVP works in Open Play. There’s no running away, there’s no overpowered ship builds or constant shield cell banking, there’s just a bunch of pilots in similarly-equipped ships going head-to-head to find out who’s the best. It’s not going to be for everyone, but for someone who has been a long-time combat flight sim enthusiast, this is the game mode you’ve been waiting a long time for.

Hopefully this quick little primer will help you get a bit better at it. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteHudson...c_for_dummies/

Originally Posted by Virgile View Post (Source)
    Never understood the hate around cqc, I'm playing it sometimes and it's always lots of fun, and never had any problems finding a party, specially with the discord channel...

Cqc is the real pure pvp part of elite iMO.
    Some words I found in a cqc guide it sum it up better than I could with my poor english :

"All in all, CQC is a welcome breath of fresh air after being subjected to the shield meta and the way PVP works in Open Play. There’s no running away, there’s no overpowered ship builds or constant shield cell banking, there’s just a bunch of pilots in similarly-equipped ships going head-to-head to find out who’s the best. It’s not going to be for everyone, but for someone who has been a long-time combat flight sim enthusiast, this is the game mode you’ve been waiting a long time for.

Hopefully this quick little primer will help you get a bit better at it. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteHudson...c_for_dummies/
    indeed the issue with CQC is like a lot of the additions to the game. it is just lacking in content - esp for those with an eye on quad elite.

what there is is very very good but with no additions since launch it is just a bit limited. I am glad it is in there however and will always go back to it for a bit of a pvp fix.

i expected horizons to come with some new surface CQC maps for instance - perhaps one using a smashed up surface city as an arena space

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    indeed the issue with CQC is like a lot of the additions to the game. it is just lacking in content - esp for those with an eye on quad elite.

what there is is very very good but with no additions since launch it is just a bit limited. I am glad it is in there however and will always go back to it for a bit of a pvp fix.

i expected horizons to come with some new surface CQC maps for instance - perhaps one using a smashed up surface city as an arena space
    Cqc is all about being mobile and being able to use structure to hide and sneak, so I don't even know if planetary map would be that great.

But just as Obsidian ant noted in many of his recent videos, there are things that could be made with low effort to give players more information about what's going on in the galaxy.
    I'm sure there would be more players if Arena stats were present in open play in the form of a leaderboard or galnet reports, right now it feels like the module is on a paralel universe. CQC should be advertised in the game like it was a popular sport...

Let people know that people are playing it, and some are really really good at it...

OP, nobody forces you to play CQC.

Some people like it. I think 'Capture the Flag' with friends can be pretty cool.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789