Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103

Thread: Can we just turn CQC off now?

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by TomS View Post (Source)
    Turn off the lights to cover any red faces as we all leave the lobby simulator.

    Quietly remove the silly rank thing from the real game.

    Never speak of it again?

    o7
    Ah no thanks, I still have friends playing it, and I'll be back in once I get my new rig up and running. Was just watching a bunch of guys streaming CQC a few days ago, still seems like a blast. Only change I'd recommend is adding rock hard AI bots, nothing like the lightweight NPC's we get in game, would really allow SJA to push the AI to the limit without forum tears, that would at least make up for the dodgy matchmaking at certain times.
    Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream...

  2. #17
    No thanks, still need to do some to get the system permit - should be fun!

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    So don't play it. Problem solved. But I'm sure you've worked that out for yourself already.
    I can't play it because no-one else does...

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by TomS View Post (Source)
    I can't play it because no-one else does...
    Nice.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by TomS View Post (Source)
    I can't play it because no-one else does...

    But someone just said they were playing it
    Is your argument you can't so no one should be able to?

    Is it called TomS' CQC?

  6. #21
    AI bots is a good idea - lets bring that in. At least after c.5mins of waiting...

    Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    But someone just said they were playing it
    Is your argument you can't so no one should be able to?

    Is it called TomS's CQC?
    I wish it were - I'd add Ai bots, or make everyone who wanted to play the real game qualify by forcing them to play CQC for 5 mins before they could log on. Or i'd just turn it off <quietly>

  7. #22
    Hey, I even got a game of Team Deathmatch the other week. It's totally not completely dead

    (Plus now I've got VR it really is mind meltingly good! )

    But yeah, bots, maps, a tutorial, practice zones, materials as rewards, more creds, a standalone sale again, PowerPlay competitions, Braben bobble heads to the most hulls shredded... Whatever it takes, I do wish they'd juice it back to life...

    If the choice is occasional games vs no games at all though, let the beast live...

  8. #23
    I like CQC, just not more than the game proper. Bots would be cool, some unique game modes would be cool, maybe something asymmetrical like lots of small vs a few big. Just something to give it more flavour than the dry old hat modes that exist now. The combat is fun but the combat can't be the main draw to play because it exists in the game, why go to cqc to do something you can in-game?

    Maybe finding a way to add something distinct enough that the experience can only exist in CQC might be revitalising, maybe broadening it to include srv races, something, I dunno, just feels too half baked to retain players.
    Never type in anger and press enter

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Golgot View Post (Source)
    (Plus now I've got VR it really is mind meltingly good! )
    Yep, that's what's got me into it recently.

    I'm all for improvements to it, including AI bots. What I'm not for is closing it down. Especially when there are people playing it!
    Duchess Commander Crank Larson

    Twitch | YouTube

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Golgot View Post (Source)

    (Plus now I've got VR it really is mind meltingly good! )

    ...
    Never tried it outside of VR, it is frikin amazing in VR. Would love to see some surface maps.
    Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream...

  11. #26
    Would be a shame if it was removed. Desperately needs improvement though.

  12. #27
    The rank removal from the main game would be enough for me.
    http://junglebiscuit.com/dynamic/elitesigs/sigs/Brusilovbrown.png
    i7 3930K @3.9, GTX 970 (4GB), 8GB.

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by Golgot View Post (Source)
    Hey, I even got a game of Team Deathmatch the other week. It's totally not completely dead

    (Plus now I've got VR it really is mind meltingly good! )

    But yeah, bots, maps, a tutorial, practice zones, materials as rewards, more creds, a standalone sale again, PowerPlay competitions, Braben bobble heads to the most hulls shredded... Whatever it takes, I do wish they'd juice it back to life...

    If the choice is occasional games vs no games at all though, let the beast live...
    All of these things would be great - but they'd all take dev time and I suspect the vast majority of the player-base would prefer that time spent on the actual game.

  14. #29
    Kill it or fix it.

    History doesn't bode well: Powerplay / CQC / RNGineers / Guardians / Multi-pew

    Lets hope 2.4 brings actual bug free - full working - not just a placeholder - fun to the game.
    Playing Elite - since 1985

  15. #30
    It's actually fun when you can get in, but I'm only successful about 20% of the time-- mostly I just get an endless searching for a match screen..,

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast