Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hutton Orbital

Hutton Orbital

I thought I'd run a mission or two to boost up my ranking and selected one that had a data delivery to Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri. I took my FGS for a spin only to find out when I arrived in the system that Hutton Orbital was 0.22ly or 6,783,849 ls from arrival point. Took all up 54mins real time to arrive.

Only thing was, Mission value 54,000 credits, ships hull integrity 30% cost 246,000 credits.

Teach me not to closely check the distance on the charts but it was nice just to relax for that time whilst traveling to the destination.

Did you at least get a mug?

Some see reaching that base a sort of medal of honor... or establishment, Achievement, or just proof of dedication...

see how cool that badge is, to those who have actually made the trip?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37509&dateline=1414253706

Kudos for not turning back.
    For the mug!

Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post (Source)
    I thought I'd run a mission or two to boost up my ranking and selected one that had a data delivery to Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri. I took my FGS for a spin only to find out when I arrived in the system that Hutton Orbital was 0.22ly or 6,783,849 ls from arrival point. Took all up 54mins real time to arrive.

How can you have been on here for so long and not know about Hutton Orbital?

I hope you remembered to stock up on mugs and gin.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)

It's that thing called old age creeping in now and again

I have over 14 weeks of play and today I learnt something new!
    Never, ever, go to Hutton Orbital!
    I

Trading by Choice
    . Exploring by Chance. Combat by Necessity.
    Blindly going where no man has gone before. Well, not recently anyway.
    i7 4790K. 16gb ram. 240SSD. 500HDD. 1TB HDD. ASUS GTX 980 Strix. (water cooled)

That advice is in the Newcomers "words of wisdom" thread....

Only thing was, Mission value 54,000 credits, ships hull integrity 30% cost 246,000 credits.

Teach me not to closely check the distance on the charts but it was nice just to relax for that time whilst traveling to the destination.
    Well done for making the journey I remember doing the exact same thing, a long time ago and turned back!

Then I took part in the Hutton CG and did over 20 runs

In 2.4 mission rewards are supposed to be affected by distance from drop in point. Hopefully there'll be some worthwhile missions
    CMDRs Markzx59/Heat Shield/Jonny Case
    Buckyball Racing Club
    Distant Worlds Expedition

Old but gold...

Kudos to original poster Streki

Originally Posted by Mike Reacher View Post (Source)
    I have over 14 weeks of play and today I learnt something new!
    Never, ever, go to Hutton Orbital!
    I
    You have to do it at least once, just for the experience, to degrade your new paint job or to be able to tell those surprised / offended / discouraged on discovering it, just how many times you have made the journey.

I'll be going there tonight...
    Cmdr Shivvy
    Pilots' Federation Academy, Class of '84
    More of my posts can be found at Facebook, Google+,Mastodon, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress

Took all up 54mins real time to arrive.
    That's very quick indeed - I've been several times now and it usually takes around 90 minutes.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    That's very quick indeed - I've been several times now and it usually takes around 90 minutes.
    I've managed about 80 before now. There's probably some way to do it a bit quicker but it's more likely the poster dozed off during the trip and missed the time...
    Cmdr Shivvy
    Pilots' Federation Academy, Class of '84
    More of my posts can be found at Facebook, Google+,Mastodon, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    I've managed about 80 before now. There's probably some way to do it a bit quicker but it's more likely the poster dozed off during the trip and missed the time...
    Hmmmm..... I *might* need to make another trip - at least there are mugs and gin as consolation prizes....

You have to do it at least once, just for the experience, to degrade your new paint job or to be able to tell those surprised / offended / discouraged on discovering it, just how many times you have made the journey.
    Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    I'll be going there tonight...
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Hmmmm..... I *might* need to make another trip - at least there are mugs and gin as consolation prizes....
    I don't know. 54 minutes? I want to go back to exploring now. It will probably take me 54 days. As long as I get a mug of gin. With lemon! Via Australia post!

I wonder if you can post a mug of gin ........

Trading by Choice
    . Exploring by Chance. Combat by Necessity.
    Blindly going where no man has gone before. Well, not recently anyway.
    i7 4790K. 16gb ram. 240SSD. 500HDD. 1TB HDD. ASUS GTX 980 Strix. (water cooled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast