Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great Job FD - I just Lost My beloved Cobra MKIII After 1 year working on it.

Originally Posted by Valethar View Post (Source)
    *Mic drop*
    HAHAHAHAHA I never laughed so hard on these forums.

But yeah man just contact support the Cobra is a dank ship.

Originally Posted by rrobes View Post (Source)
    You may have done this but it wasn't mentioned.

One can restart the game in plain ED, not Horizons. Then restart Horizons. That has helped to get players out of some strange game situations.

Good luck.
    Unfortunately it's too late for that. Might try it if happens again.

Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    what pisses me off is that I didn't have ANY other choice. there was no way out of that situation.
    You were carrying limpets or some other block existed. The only block I am aware of, is either limpets (which cannot be transferred, yet) or you had more cargo than space. The only other thing that can cause issues, is if you try to transfer a module that is inappropriate to the ship. This was supposedly fixed but the option remains to do so, and this can cause the ship to have an invalid fit and disappear.

To be fair, the game has eaten a DBX from my hardmode account, so unlike you, I had to reset my account because it's a ship loss. So I'm not sure who had the worse outcome.

edit: I don't understand why the game believed you swapped from a cobra to a clipper twice (lines 358,359). If you couldn't swap, it would not state the swap occurred, let alone twice. At what point did it actually prevent change because a game log without context is going to cause more confusion than not. And you swapped to a sidewinder, then bought one. This is also confusing.

Either the log is duplicating actions again (which is supposed to be fixed), or is inconsistent or you've missed a few steps in your OP's opening salvo of "it's crap the game done ruined me". Either way; it's support time.

--

Log a support ticket. If you are still arguing, go raise the ticket, then come back to argue. Go raise a ticket. Please raise that ticket. We can't fix it; only they can. Getting angry on the internet is a common pastime, but not an overly useful one.

Interesting that it says "Stored Cobra MK.III" in the Log. No mention of a cash transfer and it charged you full price for a basic Sidewinder.
    If you click out and then go back into "Shipyard - Stored Ships", what does it show? Or look in the Transfer Ships tab and see if it shows you have a ship parked somewhere. I'm betting it sold you the Sidewinder and stored your Cobra, just as the log shows. For some reason it just doesn't show in the Stored Ships page, or you are looking in the wrong place.

Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    Well I'm not giving a flying * of what you are or not convinced.. But just to lighten my mood here is proof you A hole.

https://i.imgur.com/qDAnYej.png

I think you can see the word STORED : COBRA MK III

I understand you got eye problems from seeing only from the "backside eye"... but you might try crouching for a better view of things.
    Haha Fair dinkum? Settle down there fella, you might blow a gasket.

All I said was without proof I cant say for certain what happened. If what you have provided is indeed proof then good for you.

The thing is, the image you provided don't mean squat to me. For all I know that's something you edited or typed up yourself.

And since you feel the need to be so insulting, I withdraw my wishes that you get your ship back.

May your pathetic ships carcass be forever consigned to the void.

I'm going to need proof of your Cobra killing Corvettes... I'm also going to need that snazzy log application you're using.

Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post (Source)
    Haha Fair dinkum? Settle down there fella, you might blow a gasket.

All I said was without proof I cant say for certain what happened. If what you have provided is indeed proof then good for you.

The thing is, the image you provided don't mean squat to me. For all I know that's something you edited or typed up yourself.

And since you feel the need to be so insulting, I withdraw my wishes that you get your ship back.

May your pathetic ships carcass be forever consigned to the void.
    + Rep Cmdr, if the OP goes off to support with that attitude....well good luck to him!

I once solde a few modules instead of storing them because the storage was full. Could something similar happened to you? Did you reach the max storage for ships?

Just wondering what happened.

I hope you get your ship back.

Originally Posted by gooddoc View Post (Source)
    + Rep Cmdr, if the OP goes off to support with that attitude....well good luck to him!
    Yep, I was reading and thought: What did Frontier deliberately log into his account whilst he was playing, remove his ship and leave a little note saying "haha haha ha ha haha"? Guy needs to chill before he breaks something, it's a game, there are bugs and support are well known for being great at fixing issues like this.

Sometimes people seem to forget that this right here is a player forum and we are all just other players, if they open themselves and their topic up in the open forum for comments they should expect any and every result provided it's in line with the forum rules. My guess given the edited post is that he just needed to vent and get it out, i'm imagining controller throwing levels of rage, seems unhealthy. Should maybe take a step back and get a perspective of whats happened and who they are speaking to, were players, in terms of helping, judging or assessing the issue we are more than useless. We weren't there, have no access to the code and can't fix this kind of problem.
    On the other hand looking back this thread ran over quite a few hours so either an extended rage or the guy is permanently angry... I was already only seeing half the posts on this thread so I guess there was a reason for that from way back.

As others have said support can usually help and restore things and fairly quickly without fuss, will probably make the OP may feel like a right wally for making a Mountain out of a bug. I'd also suggest asking for this thread to be locked, I don't think there's much sympathy from anyone right now given the response. I'm honestly shocked the mods haven't already swooped on the unpleasantness here although +1 for comedic value I guess.

was your ship ever destroyed whilst you were in a SRV and you switched to non-horizons to get it back?

Originally Posted by laplandz View Post (Source)
    was your ship ever destroyed whilst you were in a SRV and you switched to non-horizons to get it back?
    -redacted-

Originally Posted by gooddoc View Post (Source)
    I reckon the ED Gods just borked his account for that very reason or the Cobra just transfered itself to Colonia to get some peace -_-, you know being forced to kill Corvettes all the time.

I don't understand the point of this thread. People when they encounter bugs usually just raise a ticket or a bug report.

Why does this one deserve a special thread? Looking at the title i thought you had been flying without rebuy and were about to rage quit.

Support will restore you ship and all will be ok again.

Because after a YEAR of playing this game, there's been ONE SINGLE bug that has affected this CMDR. IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!1!

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I don't understand the point of this thread. People when they encounter bugs usually just raise a ticket or a bug report.

Why does this one deserve a special thread? Looking at the title i thought you had been flying without rebuy and were about to rage quit.

Support will restore you ship and all will be ok again.

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    or the Cobra just transfered itself to Colonia to get some peace
    or silent running, self-destruct, rescued by the RSPCS - let's just hope it's okay.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast