Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great Job FD - I just Lost My beloved Cobra MKIII After 1 year working on it.

Oddly enough, I dug out my cobra from storage, and fitted2 class 2 pulse lasers to it, and left the rest as is.

When I undocked, my modules tab was empty.

And my pulse lasers didn't show in the firegroups.

Ship worked fine though, I just couldn't use my weapons. Lol

I never did check when I logged back in if it was fixed....

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by Ravvin View Post (Source)
    Interesting that it says "Stored Cobra MK.III" in the Log. No mention of a cash transfer and it charged you full price for a basic Sidewinder.
    If you click out and then go back into "Shipyard - Stored Ships", what does it show? Or look in the Transfer Ships tab and see if it shows you have a ship parked somewhere. I'm betting it sold you the Sidewinder and stored your Cobra, just as the log shows. For some reason it just doesn't show in the Stored Ships page, or you are looking in the wrong place.
    Wouldn't surprise me if the ship was just misplaced. After the initial few outbursts and name calling they went awfully quiet. Maybe followed your advice and realised he was looking at the ships for sale and not the stored ships page or it's a bug. I don't care really about their situation anymore.

However, I also was looking back over the log, and was wondering if someone who understood it better (Xbox commander here, so we don't get) could answer a question?

How come it says the cmdr was docked at Stephenson hub, then once he reloaded the game he was near the star? It shows from then the supercruise entry and exit back at Stephenson hub, but how did he get to the star without it being logged that he left the station and jumped to suoercruise? Is this a normal occurence? I know when im docked at a station and log off, she I log back on my game im still docked at the station. Perhaps I'm just confused or missing something?

Edit: The second time he logged out when docked, when he reloaded he was still docked. So why the first time did it reload him at the star?

Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't surprise me if the ship was just misplaced. After the initial few outbursts and name calling they went awfully quiet. Maybe followed your advice and realised he was looking at the ships for sale and not the stored ships page or it's a bug. I don't care really about their situation anymore.

However, I also was looking back over the log, and was wondering if someone who understood it better (Xbox commander here, so we don't get) could answer a question?

How come it says the cmdr was docked at Stephenson hub, then once he reloaded the game he was near the star? It shows from then the supercruise entry and exit back at Stephenson hub, but how did he get to the star without it being logged that he left the station and jumped to suoercruise? Is this a normal occurence? I know when im docked at a station and log off, she I log back on my game im still docked at the station. Perhaps I'm just confused or missing something?

Edit: The second time he logged out when docked, when he reloaded he was still docked. So why the first time did it reload him at the star?
    Looks to me like there was some lag on his end and that caused the issue as once he logged back in, FD database could not locate where he had left his ship and reverted to a previous location

Which in turn could have caused any number of issues including OPs issues

Had this happen 5-6 times to me in the past and every time was because my own internet was playing up

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I don't understand the point of this thread. People when they encounter bugs usually just raise a ticket or a bug report.

Why does this one deserve a special thread? Looking at the title i thought you had been flying without rebuy and were about to rage quit.

Support will restore you ship and all will be ok again.
    This, and please post a picture of that awesome cobra, I'm a sucker for cobras.....

Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

Originally Posted by amysteriousstranger View Post (Source)
    Looks to me like there was some lag on his end and that caused the issue as once he logged back in, FD database could not locate where he had left his ship and reverted to a previous location

Which in turn could have caused any number of issues including OPs issues

Had this happen 5-6 times to me in the past and every time was because my own internet was playing up
    But the log shows his previous position as docked at Stephenson hub, so wouldn't it have registered with the servers where the ship was? Or is that log a completely seperate thing? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious as to how it works.

But the log shows his previous position as docked at Stephenson hub, so wouldn't it have registered with the servers where the ship was? Or is that log a completely seperate thing? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious as to how it works.
    Im not entirely sure how it works, but I've had a situation before where I logged out at a station and appeared 5mins back when I logged back in, usually in deep space
    When I asked FD they just said there was a problem, most likely lag between me and them from my side causing my game to carry on playing without a disconnect errror so it wouldn't save my location, module or ship transfers ect

So completely possible something similar happened to OP

His Cobra was just too good for this game, and FD had to do something.

He was blasting all those pesky Cutters and Vette's like they are nothing, it's just not fair.

It's just a pixel spaceship.
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

Originally Posted by Gorr View Post (Source)
    His Cobra was just too good for this game,...
    I'm intolerant towards intolerance...

Im not entirely sure how it works, but I've had a situation before where I logged out at a station and appeared 5mins back when I logged back in, usually in deep space
    When I asked FD they just said there was a problem, most likely lag between me and them from my side causing my game to carry on playing without a disconnect errror so it wouldn't save my location, module or ship transfers ect

So completely possible something similar happened to OP
    Ah, but in your case did it log the docking procedure? Or was the last recorded log event where it dropped you back to? I guess what im trying to figure out is if the logs are a record of what is uploaded to the servers, or if they are a separate feature? I would of thought the logs are a record of what the servers have registered, once the data is uploaded to the server the data is logged. I have no clue though, and there are probably better places to have this discussion. I just have never seen a log like that being on Xbox, and it piqued my interest.

Ah, but in your case did it log the docking procedure? Or was the last recorded log event where it dropped you back to? I guess what im trying to figure out is if the logs are a record of what is uploaded to the servers, or if they are a separate feature? I would of thought the logs are a record of what the servers have registered, once the data is uploaded to the server the data is logged. I have no clue though, and there are probably better places to have this discussion. I just have never seen a log like that being on Xbox, and it piqued my interest.

Again I'm not 100% sure but I was under the impression the log is what your computer / game records, as you have an option to upload your log with an error report or support ticket

My theory is that this is so FD can compare your log with theirs to see if they match, and that's how they determined my problems

If this is the case in OPs problem, I think it was likely a communication error caused by lag that made it happen, so could be OPs internet having problems or could be something else like a server malfunction in which case it's possible he could lose a ship, for example one time I was able to play, shoot and go to other systems normally but couldn't access the missions because I would get disconnected but it was just an issue with FDs server as long as I didn't try and cash in the missions it otherwise played normally

I don't remember what my logs said exactly as it was a while ago and i have better internet now, but from what I remember it just sounded similar to OPs case

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    I'm going to need proof of your Cobra killing Corvettes... I'm also going to need that snazzy log application you're using.
    That's ED Discovery

And to answer the later comments, it's possible to filter the display. I often do so myself as I only want the important stuff. I have no idea if this is what the OP did of course. In any case, you can probably tell by the timestamp.

I wouldn't say Ed Discovery is proof of anything... And even if it was, it shows the C3 being stored, but shows no failed attempt to retrieve it, just a swap to the slave ship.
    Cmdr Shivvy
    Pilots' Federation Academy, Class of '84
    More of my posts can be found at Facebook, Google+,Mastodon, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress

And yes, there are huge gaps in that log... Both in timestamp and line numbers. It smells like something is being hidden tbh.
    Cmdr Shivvy
    Pilots' Federation Academy, Class of '84
    More of my posts can be found at Facebook, Google+,Mastodon, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress

Again I'm not 100% sure but I was under the impression the log is what your computer / game records, as you have an option to upload your log with an error report or support ticket

My theory is that this is so FD can compare your log with theirs to see if they match, and that's how they determined my problems

If this is the case in OPs problem, I think it was likely a communication error caused by lag that made it happen, so could be OPs internet having problems or could be something else like a server malfunction in which case it's possible he could lose a ship, for example one time I was able to play, shoot and go to other systems normally but couldn't access the missions because I would get disconnected but it was just an issue with FDs server as long as I didn't try and cash in the missions it otherwise played normally

I don't remember what my logs said exactly as it was a while ago and i have better internet now, but from what I remember it just sounded similar to OPs case
    Thanks for that, makes sense to me now o7

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast