Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

Thread: Great Job FD - I just Lost My beloved Cobra MKIII After 1 year working on it.

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    And yes, there are huge gaps in that log... Both in timestamp and line numbers. It smells like something is being hidden tbh.
    ^ My thoughts as well, which is why I was asking about how it all works.

    No matter, support will get to the bottom of it and if found to be a bug he will get the ship back. If it was pilot error and he is polite and humble about it, support will still probably restore the ship. I have friends this has happened to before. Accidently sold their ship instead of storing it and support were kind enough to replace it for him. The difference being he raised a support ticket and admitted straight up he made a mistake, and could understand if they can't help.

    Now if that same bloke had written in telling fdev its all their fault, fabricated evidence and insulted people that tried to offer suggestions, well I reckon support would have said "too bad so sad".

    It's all about attitude. I can understand the frustration the OP would be feeling, especially if it was a bug that caused this issue. Take out that frustration on others though, and you just lose any sympathy from me.

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    And yes, there are huge gaps in that log... Both in timestamp and line numbers. It smells like something is being hidden tbh.
    The only hidden thing is that LOOOONG loadout and materials list , plus sent messages and received ones. it's not like i can choose whats gonna show or not in the journal anyway aside from, that.

    BTW some people needs to sleep (not directed for you )

    The huge gaps!


    It's not like I'm a solo player that don't uses the message tab in game you know...

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    The only hidden thing is that LOOOONG loadout and materials list , plus sent messages and received ones. it's not like i can choose whats gonna show or not in the journal anyway aside from, that.

    BTW some people needs to sleep (not directed for you )
    That's all fair enough.
    I'm sure you will understand how it might seem suspicious though, given the angry tone earlier. We do see a few angry people blaming FD for their own errors.

    Anyhow, if you've sent the full log, then I'm sure you will get the ship back (assuming you haven't already)

    As to lack of sleep... Well, this game does that to a person. Fly safe now.

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    That's all fair enough.
    I'm sure you will understand how it might seem suspicious though, given the angry tone earlier. We do see a few angry people blaming FD for their own errors.

    Anyhow, if you've sent the full log, then I'm sure you will get the ship back (assuming you haven't already)

    As to lack of sleep... Well, this game does that to a person. Fly safe now.
    This is a perfect illustration on how toxic this forum can be, while people can rage about an OUTRAGEOUS BUG and actually warn other people that it MIGHT happen. Some people just would like to refute that if you ever encountered a bug and not a mistake miss click.

    Plus I dont know If FD would be able to get my ship back because it's not like I sold it OR get it destroyed. it simply vanished with no trace. and that's the part that I'm worried about. there is nothing tying my ship to it's modules and engineering cause of that.

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    Well I'm not giving a flying of what you are or not convinced.. But just to lighten my mood here is proof

    https://i.imgur.com/qDAnYej.png


    I think you can see the word STORED : COBRA MK III






    Didn't I killed you already? So many cutters died for my cobra that I don't know anymore.
    Sorry about your loss, but no doubt it can be recovered by Support.

    What is that spreadsheet app. being used for the pilot's log? That looks really juicy !

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    Sorry about your loss, but no doubt it can be recovered by Support.

    What is that spreadsheet app. being used for the pilot's log? That looks really juicy !
    EDDyscovery It's not it's MAIN part of the software but i like it very much... (it lags a bit from time to time )

    https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases

    Originally Posted by Gorr View Post (Source)
    His Cobra was just too good for this game, and FD had to do something.

    He was blasting all those pesky Cutters and Vette's like they are nothing, it's just not fair.
    Not true the Corvettes and Cutter has a Inter-dimensional Drive that makes things quite hard to kill

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I don't understand the point of this thread. People when they encounter bugs usually just raise a ticket or a bug report.

    Why does this one deserve a special thread? Looking at the title i thought you had been flying without rebuy and were about to rage quit.

    Support will restore you ship and all will be ok again.
    Cause this was the first time it ever happened in game? and people might get the same situation and instead of loosing their ships they can contact support BEFORE that happening? BTW You of all people talking about the usefulness of someone else thread? I know you got over it , but a while ago you used to make a very "good" thread Every week where most of them would make little to no sense at all..

    Originally Posted by mp4x View Post (Source)
    Because after a YEAR of playing this game, there's been ONE SINGLE bug that has affected this CMDR. IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!1!
    Hardly would say 1 bug...maybe a thousand. But none that actually removes things from me like that.

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by laplandz View Post (Source)
    was your ship ever destroyed whilst you were in a SRV and you switched to non-horizons to get it back?
    I'm not a Cheater of any kind. All my money are exploit free.. all my weapons are legit rolls... never Combat logged never used hacks... I'm not a PvE scrub bro.

  9. #54
    FWIW, an odd thing happened to me at around the same time last night (assuming the timestamp is displaying the game's time).

    I was at Shajn Market and a high-spec Cobra Mk3 appeared in my inventory.

    Ahem, no. I jest.

    Seriously, though, I was at Shajn Market, I decided to take a break from popping outlaws, went to the mission board, accepted a heap of missions (ones with rare mat's as part of the payout) and then the entire mission board "greyed out" so nothing was clickable.
    I used the "exit menu" keyboard button and the whole game locked-up for about 60 seconds and then, when it started working again I checked my "Contracts" tab on the left HUD and it was empty (aside from the CG).
    Went back into the mission board and all the same missions were there again, but with a lot of the mat's rewards missing.

    If this WAS the same time the OP had his problem, it sounds like there was some kind of "glitch in the matrix" that was only noticeable by CMDRs who were AT a station when it happened.

  10. #55
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    FWIW, an odd thing happened to me at around the same time last night (assuming the timestamp is displaying the game's time).

    I was at Shajn Market and a high-spec Cobra Mk3 appeared in my inventory.

    Ahem, no. I jest.

    Seriously, though, I was at Shajn Market, I decided to take a break from popping outlaws, went to the mission board, accepted a heap of missions (ones with rare mat's as part of the payout) and then the entire mission board "greyed out" so nothing was clickable.
    I used the "exit menu" keyboard button and the whole game locked-up for about 60 seconds and then, when it started working again I checked my "Contracts" tab on the left HUD and it was empty (aside from the CG).
    Went back into the mission board and all the same missions were there again, but with a lot of the mat's rewards missing.

    If this WAS the same time the OP had his problem, it sounds like there was some kind of "glitch in the matrix" that was only noticeable by CMDRs who were AT a station when it happened.
    I's zone time ( which sucks to be BTW , dunno why the game logs logs into my time and not game time... ) everything there +3 is the game time.

  11. #56
    Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    This is a perfect illustration on how toxic this forum can be,[...]
    Of course this forum can be a bit toxic from time to time.

    But maybe.... maybe in this case it's also in part because of your hostile thread title.

  12. #57
    Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    This is a perfect illustration on how toxic this forum can be, while people can rage about an OUTRAGEOUS BUG and actually warn other people that it MIGHT happen. Some people just would like to refute that if you ever encountered a bug and not a mistake miss click.

    Plus I dont know If FD would be able to get my ship back because it's not like I sold it OR get it destroyed. it simply vanished with no trace. and that's the part that I'm worried about. there is nothing tying my ship to it's modules and engineering cause of that.
    If anyone is toxic in this thread its you mate. You raged about a bug, then went on to insult people who offer advice. How did you expect people to react to that attitude?

    If you had of posted "hey this bug just happened to me, its so frustrating and I wanted to warn others" , without the swearing and cursing FDev, still I would be skeptical you hadn't caused it yourself. That's just how I am, I prefer hard evidence before I am inclined to believe anything without doubt. But I am much more inclined to believe a rational, sensible, calm person than someone in hysterics over an issue that could be sorted in less than 24 hours. You came in here and had a temper tantrum, because you lost your toy.

    I was only trying to offer you the little help and advice that I could, and you called me an a hole because I didn't immediately take your word for it?

    Honestly I'm not in the mood to discuss manners with you, figure it out on your own. I have children that grasp common courtesy and decency better than you, its not that hard.

    Have a great day/night/ or whatever time it is for you.

  13. #58
    Had a quirky incident a few days ago, swapping from a FAS to a T9. It looked as though the transaction stalled; the animated hex spinner span for ages then it just left me at the ship exchange menu, still in the FAS. But when I cancelled the swap and went back to Station Services, it switched to the T9 and showed the hangar entry animation. This was also at Shajn Market, where some of the landing pads had also been misbehaving with stuck NPC ships.

    May or may not be related to OP's issue, but it was the first time I've ever seen something like this.

  14. #59
    Ok so, You'll get your ship back ( Probably if you don't go with the attitude that you've been showing here) and you made a thread just to tell everybody that you are going to do just that while attacking everyone that doubts of you? Ok

  15. #60
    Originally Posted by CMDR GTR2014 View Post (Source)
    Before I even Start I will be contacting Support.

    So here was Ready To change ship to actually do some work on my other ships for a while in my Cobra To realise that I just couldnt change ships! Eveything i did sent me back to the main menu of the station. So i quickly fought I will try buying one ship to see if it will fix the problem.... since I already logged out twice and restarted the game once... Then I MADE 100% sure to hit the button to STORE THE FRCK SHIP just to discover that the game just ERASED my ship.. That TOOK 1 year to be mooded to heaven And be one of the most Incredible Cobras Out there in the Game.... Great JOB. And I was just about to start streaming after a hiatus... Looks like this is a major kick in the nuts...
    Problems happen, support is VERY good at fixing things. No need to rant & rave, put your toys back in...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast