Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Hired Crew Member Disappear

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #16
    Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for the reports and sorry for the delay getting back to this.

If you contact our customer support team they should be able to see from your account history what happened to your crew member: [Customer support]

I've merged these threads.

If this continues to happen please do let me know.

EDIT: We're aware of this issue and currently looking into this.

Bug: NPC crew active in incompatible ship (and will die if ship destroyed)

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    Most of the time (75%)

Time of occurrence
    06:55

Date of occurrence
    14/09/2017

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    any non-SLF ship

Description
    See video, this should not be possible, as the Cobra MK3 is not a compatible ship for NPC Crew.
    Then if you die, your crew member dies too.
    Even if you specifically remove them one session, by swapping to a conda and deactivating them, them swapping back to your Cobra, next session they may hop into your co-pilot's seat again...

Noted this happening in multiple non-SLF ships, DBX, Python etc

Steps to Reproduce
    Hire a NPC Crew, buy a SLF ship and fighter bay and SLF, activate crew. swap to a non-SLF ship, fly about, log in/out of game, observe crew becomes active in non-SLF ship

Happened to me twice, first one half through dangerous, second 25% through deadly. enough for me to uninstall and never look back.

docked at station both times in an anaconda inactivated, got in a python, lost python log off, log on next day gone.

2nd time and the last. docked at station in anaconda switched to another npc crew (unleveled) flew out 10km from station deployed crew in fighter redocked, entered station inactivated, switched to python died, logged off came back next day lost.

Just don't feel like grinding another crew member for 3 weeks to lose using a ship that don't even support them gg.

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Did you have your crew member active when your ship was destroyed?

You shouldn't be able to with an Eagle as that can't fit a fighter in it.
    Crew members activate automatically, irrespective of if the ship supports it or not. This is probably the root cause of "disappearing NPC crew". Cobra MK3 with active NPC crew member:

Reported here: clicky

I've had a similar experience, could you please just make the crew manual activation rather than automatic? If that is what is causing the trouble then it would solve the problem entirely.

I tested this at the weekend a bit in a Sidewinder, I swapped from Anaconda to Sidewinder (Crew automatically put in Crew Lounge). Blow up/Get Killed/Die. Did this twice. Crew member still available to be put back in the Anaconda. Does it depend on what "ship" is being used?

Doesn't the Cobra have 2 seats? Eagle however only has 1.

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I tested this at the weekend a bit in a Sidewinder, I swapped from Anaconda to Sidewinder (Crew automatically put in Crew Lounge). Blow up/Get Killed/Die. Did this twice. Crew member still available to be put back in the Anaconda. Does it depend on what "ship" is being used?

Doesn't the Cobra have 2 seats? Eagle however only has 1.
    Yes Cobra has 2, but it happened to me in the DBX too (single-seater). Watch the video, it will happen when the crew is (illegally) active in your ships (non-existent) seat.

Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    Yes Cobra has 2, but it happened to me in the DBX too (single-seater). Watch the video, it will happen when the crew is (illegally) active in your ships (non-existent) seat.
    So is a work around to check they are inactive in your single seat ship and if not make them inactive. My testing was limited to a Sidewinder.

Yeh I just wondered if a ship had more than seat it made the bug more apparent. I only saw a Cobra in your video, not a DBX.

It's not the number of seats though, it's whether your ship has a "Fighter Bay" equipped with a SLF. Same deal DBX or Cobra, neither can have SLFs.

The problem is if you have say flown to Maia, log out, log in, and then your NPC pilot decides to magically be active, you have no way of making them inactive. You have to fly back to your Anaconda say, then deactivate them, then fly back to wherever you were. If they become active again next session... repeat annoyance.

EDIT: still happening. Just flew to Gnosis in anticipation of 2.4, land check my npc crew.... and she's back in my Cobra.
    Time/date in video as proof if she gets killed while investigating Thargoids.

QA-Mitch Can we not get the menu to set as inactive, even if the ship is incompatible please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12