Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: looking to upgrade my gpu

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    I could be wrong.

Admittedly, my ancient AMD HD 6870 1Gb can do the same. Lol

It's probably closer to 55-60+fps really for a 1050 ti.
    If your FPS isn't limited to 60, you'll probably see it go higher. I just never pay any attention to anything above 60, because that's my TVs limit. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    with vsinc turned off I get a fps range of 40-110fps depending on what I'm doing and were I am. ex: sc 90-110 fps.

Originally Posted by Kingston@# View Post (Source)
    with vsinc turned off I get a fps range of 40-110fps depending on what I'm doing and were I am. ex: sc 90-110 fps.
    Lol awesome.

The 1050 ti, is comparable to the 960, which is definitely better than the 660.

I doubt you'd go wrong with it.

If you wanna save a bit of cash, (if you're cheap like me), and in the UK, check out the CEX stores (or webuy.com), you can trade in your old GPU for store credit against a used GPU. (Or just buy it)
    My local store has a 960 2Gb for £100. A week ago they had a 1060 3g for £195.
    Everything comes with a 24 month warranty too.

I should add, that current generation stuff, like the 1050 ti, 1060, etc, all sell for almost the same(sometimes more) than buying it new. But previous generation, like the 960 sell for considerably less.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    Lol awesome.

The 1050 ti, is comparable to the 960, which is definitely better than the 660.

I doubt you'd go wrong with it.

If you wanna save a bit of cash, (if you're cheap like me), and in the UK, check out the CEX stores (or webuy.com), you can trade in your old GPU for store credit against a used GPU. (Or just buy it)
    My local store has a 960 2Gb for £100. A week ago they had a 1060 3g for £195.
    Everything comes with a 24 month warranty too.

I should add, that current generation stuff, like the 1050 ti, 1060, etc, all sell for almost the same(sometimes more) than buying it new. But previous generation, like the 960 sell for considerably less.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    cheers will check them out.

does the 660 really work VR. only info I have is it doesn't support it.
    It certainly worked fine with my Dev Kit 2 yes, the minimum spec for the new VR Headsets is GTX970, that's not to say the 660 wont work but the low frame rates cause nausea. The old Dev Kit was running 75hz 1080/x2 instead of 90hz 1440/x2 so didn't need as much power to run.

webuy.com awesome. thanks for putting me on to it. think I found were I can get rid of a lot of my hardware, that's sitting gathering dust. may see how much I can get for it all and see if I can get a serious gpu many thanks.
    even better a store near me. 4.2 miles away..

I have a 1080, you can turn ED to ultra settings with Anti Aliasing on a 1920x1280 screen, and still hit 60fps.

Most of what I read last year put the 1070 in the sweet spot for price/performance, while having enough performance to run elite at a decent setting.

webuy.com awesome. thanks for putting me on to it. think I found were I can get rid of a lot of my hardware, that's sitting gathering dust. may see how much I can get for it all and see if I can get a serious gpu many thanks.
    even better a store near me. 4.2 miles away..
    My nearest store is 0.1 mile away.

Be sure to keep any and all receipts, and do grill them on the 24 month warranty, just in case it's not on 'everything' like it claims. Lol

Originally Posted by robbyp View Post (Source)
    I have a 1080, you can turn ED to ultra settings with Anti Aliasing on a 1920x1280 screen, and still hit 60fps.

Most of what I read last year put the 1070 in the sweet spot for price/performance, while having enough performance to run elite at a decent setting.
    I have a 980ti in my main PC and it's 60fps in Ultra @ 4k

1070 will be more than enough for 1080 or even 1440

Originally Posted by Wasp0 View Post (Source)
    Forget 1050, save up for 1060 or 1070.
    The 1080 has come down in price since the 1080ti hit the market.
    You need to try future proof your investment as much ax possible.
    People have already said on this thread that some of the 9xx series match or come Very close to the 1050.
    Fair enough if budget is against you, but the 1050 really is budget end of the 10xx series.
    ^
    This.

I run a 1070 and on ultra settings, fans are silent and heat is low (AMD card that it replaced was melting hot and sounded like a jet, RMA).

On factory settings and using Displayport, frame rates are great, no need to OC.

@ all respondents thanks for all your help..
    mods you can lock this now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12